Evolution of the football manager

• Thread starter Thread starter Mr_Grieves
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 311
  • Views Views 117K
Cheers Sam. slowly moving towards a championship challenge. Just a shame Man Utd keep running away with it

Cheers Sam. slowly moving towards a championship challenge. Just a shame Man Utd keep running away with it
Always gonna be tough in the EPL when you're not one of the ''Big'' sides. But you're well on your way mate!!

Season 2013/14 Review

View attachment 263672

Premiership - 3th
FA Cup - 5th Round
League Cup - 4th Round
Champions League - Last 16

View attachment 263673

Season three and reflection time once again. Up 1 place and a few more points too. The defense has made massive strides and improved greatly. Meanwhile the attack side of our team has faltered this season with non of three forwards standing out and Bent falling off drastically in some spells but still managed 28 goals. Not bad for a bad season

As usual with Villa nothing was done easy. We decided to have a mid season collapse in February which put us out of the Champions League and the FA Cup to team we may have beaten. This spell aside we did a great job on canceling out the stupid defeats to mid or lower table teams! A Bit more reliability from us and a bit less from Man Utd and Villa have a chance!

Gather Round lads
"You have been a joy to work with these last 2 months of the season. We put the disappointment of the Champions League and FA Cup aside and pulled of a brilliant unexpected 3rd place finish in the league. Next summer we'll come back and work that bit harder and maybe we can go a step further! See you all after the World Cup good luck if your going otherwise have a great break"

League

Yet again we were in the battle for 4th but it was a bit different this year. Once the league settled down the top 4 were always pulling away from the rest so a Champions League place was safe quite early on so with no pressure we were left to battle with Chelsea and Man City for 2nd. We overtook Chelsea on points but couldn't pull back Man City.
At the top Man UTd won there 3rd title on the trot by a country mile just falling short of the magic 100 points
Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool are in the Europa League
At the bottom West Ham did nothing but disappoint this season, Sunderland went right back down despite a late charge and Huddersfield also went down which was a shame because they looked decent enough!
Joining the Premiership in August are Championship winners Leicester along with Wigan and Blackburn
Reserves and U18s won there league with Giddings the top scorer in both

Europe
My ambition was to stay in Europe after Christmas, expecting it to be in the Europa League but we unbelievable got above Barcelona to win the group. Unfortunately we just didn't perform against Juventus during out bad patch and that was European dreams quashed for the season

View attachment 263677

Domestic Cups

League cup was again for youth players, will be back up next season. Decided after the easy route we were getting in the FA Cup to really try to win it but out devastating result to Milwall ended our chances

2013/14 season player awards
Our attackers were left out of the awards schedule this year as our amazing defenders were recognized

- 3rd in the Manager of the year for the 2nd time
- Jack Butland and Kyle Walker in the team of the year. Bent on the bench
- Jack Butland wins Golden Gloves with a record 24 clean sheets

View attachment 263678

Aston Villa Player of the year

3rd - Darren Bent

View attachment 263680

Even after scoring half as many goals as he did last season Darren Bent still makes it to the team. Season kicked off with a injury and despite having a few months where he was banging them in would be countered with the months he would score few. Position under threat for next term.

2nd - Marc Albrighton

View attachment 263681

After a season out of loan at Spurs he came back to be backup to N'Zogbia who had a torrid time of it and ended up leaving in January. By the end of the season Marc had become 1st choice on the right wing. Will have to fight off new signing Nani and Denis Turrini to be the 1st choice in the position.

1st - Kyle Walker

View attachment 263679

You will have seen Walker picked up a rare player of the month award and now he gets the big one. As the star of our great defensive performances through the season. Special mention to Butland who didn't make the top 3 despite his clean sheet record.

Match of the season
14th December 2012 - Villa Park
Aston Villa 3-3 Chelsea

View attachment 263682

Don't know why we always have a dramatic match in mid December but never mind. We overcame massive odds. Down to 10 men within the first 10 minutes and quickly 2-0 down. We fought back to be level at 2-2 but our tired team couldn't keep Chelsea and there star of the season Fernando Torres from winning the game but our player of the year Kyle Walker had other ideas

Signing of the season
Carlos Tevez

View attachment 263683

At £1.8m we got the bargain of the season no doubt. Didn't play quite as much as he may have liked and will probably cause more issues through the season but he grabbed a lot of goals which turned draws into wins. Tevez probably wont have a long stay at Villa park.

The end of season finals

FA Cup Final
Liverpool 1-0 Wolves

Champions League Final
Barcelona 4-2 Lyon

Europa League Final
Leverkusen 2-1 Malaga

Going into summer

The summer plan is evolution rather than revolution. We should see the future with Giddings and Fricker almost certain to join the 1st team next season. Players may be leaving but nobody lined up for sure yet. Want to get business done quickly and have a settle squad by the time the world cup is over, Where hopefully i can find some part time work.

The shocking and life changing month of May

May 14th - May 25th

Managers
Arsenal sack Moyes and hire Paris SG manager Carlo Ancelotti, Uh Oh
Newcastle sack Shearer, haha and hire Disgraced David Moyes who immediatly tries to coax Rodwell from Villa
Huddersfields Simon Grayson leaves to join Blackpool, Replaced by Michael Owen haha
Stoke takes over struggling Stoke from Peter Coates then appoint Stewart Keane to replace Van Basten who left before the end of last season to Betis

May 26th
Alex Ferguson retires from Man Utd

Leading candidate Aston Villa Darran Donald confirms interest in Man Utd Job​
"Despite 3 years of hard fruitful work at Aston Villa the chance to manage the team I've supported my whole life and replace the greatest manager in history is a honor i couldn't refuse if offered the job!"

View attachment 263692

May 27th
Aston Villa board plead with Donald to stay

Despite these revelations we really hope he can stay here at Villa park and finish off the job he's started a great dynasty and we hope he can see it through

May 30st
Man Utd approach Donald

United chairman David Gill today agreed compensation of £2m with Aston Villa and will offer Donald a contract said to be worth over £5m a year

Donald Resigns from Villa. Favorites for the job Manuel Pellegrini, Joaquin Caparros and Alan Shearer
7 Staff members leave Villa with hope of joining him at Old Trafford

May 31st
Man Utd hire Donald as manager on a 5 year contract

Donald announces a full evaluation of players and staff will take place immediately. Contact will be made with affiliated teams to see if they can work together constructively!

View attachment 263693

WOW didn't see that coming!!

Liking the shirt edit BTW. Heard United are going to be sponsored by Chevrolet from the 2014/15 season??

Good luck

Shocked much lol good story and hope it doesnt get to easy and bore you now your man u manager

WOW didn't see that coming!!

Liking the shirt edit BTW. Heard United are going to be sponsored by Chevrolet from the 2014/15 season??
Good luck

Yeah the job just came up and followed my heart to my dream job. Yeah apparently there going to be the main sponsor which would be good. More reliable than the insurance company's that keep going out of business! Dont like there huge logo but like it more than our 2012/13 home strip. Blegh!

Shocked much lol good story and hope it doesnt get to easy and bore you now your man u manager

How can you get board at United. With all the prawn sandwiches to fill in the time while we win.

Yeah the job just came up and followed my heart to my dream job. Yeah apparently there going to be the main sponsor which would be good. More reliable than the insurance company's that keep going out of business! Dont like there huge logo but like it more than our 2012/13 home strip. Blegh!

haha im a man u supporter myself but im pretty sure id get bored of constantly winning need a challenge

How can you get board at United. With all the prawn sandwiches to fill in the time while we win.

Man Utd press conference

View attachment 263891

David Gill announces that Donald was quickly appointed as he was both Gill and Fergusons no1 choice to replace him. "We believe the attacking style of football Donald likes to play will fit perfectly with the tradition of Man Utd. His strength with defensive work was what pushed him through the roof.

Before opening the floor for questions Donald announced "My delight at getting the chance to manage the club closest to his heart and that unlike any other job in the world his target is to win EVERY competition his side enters "As a fan it would hurt me greatly to see Man Utd fail to win any competition. The stand out would be the Champions League im chomping at the bit to take on and beat Barcelona and win the Champions League"

Press: over your 3 seasons at Villa you were renowned for culling the squad will you follow that policy here? "I will certainly be making player and staff changes. My former assistant Angelo Antenucci could not be convinced out of retirement for this job but some of my coaching staff will certainly be making the trip north. Player wise we'll see what we've got here but the side that walked to the title last season wont need as much work as the mid-table Villa side i joined in 2011"

Press: Who will you be appointing as your assistant with Angelo Antenucci retiring? "I hoped Angeo would reconsider when this job came up but he had made his mind and stuck with it. I've held talks with Evertons Mark Bowen who has assisted several premiership teams before and he will be joining in the next few days"

View attachment 263890

Targets
Win Everything

All time Villa Stats

To commemorate my 3 years at Villa here's my main stats from my time

Time at Club - 1061 Days
Games- 162
Won - 100
Draw - 30
Lost - 30
Goals for- 344
Goals against - 151
Win % - 61%

Highest fee payed - Jack Rodwell - £24.5m
Highest fee received - £ Charles N'Zogbia - £9.5m

Trophy Cabinet
2012 League cup

All time Villa 11

GK - Craig Gordon
League 74 Overall 95 - Ave 7.03

DR - Kyle Walker DL Stephen Warnock
League 78/2 Overall 104/2 - Ave 7.33 League 64/1 Overall 81/2 - Ave 7.31

DC - Ryan Shawcross DC - Toby Alderweield
League 86/1 Overall 109/1 - Ave 7.06 - League 69/7 Overall 86/7 - Ave 7.11

DM - Jean Makoun
League 51/1 Overall - 63/1 - Ave 7.07

MC - Andrea Bertolacci MC - Fabian Delph
League 53/4 Overall 82/6 - Ave 6.99 League 66/9 Overall 84/14 - Ave 7.11

AM - Charles N'Zogbia AM - Gabby Agbonlahor
League 82/22 Overall 104/31 - Ave 7.56 League 80/14 Overall 110/19 - Ave 7.15

AT - Darren Bent
League 104/101 Overall 125/124 - Ave 7.63​

Fantastic - that means the levels of abuse I send you on here will multiply tenfold!!!!!!!

I am surprised you didnt win the title with Villa though as I know you have achieved better before (Sunderland/Valencia spring to mind in our network games) but you didnt listen to me and play Bonucci so thats what you get lol

Glad to see Moyes take charge of Newcastle as he will end up there when Pardew gets poached anyway in real life unless Moyes gets the Man Utd job.

Anyway to start off my abuse - [video=youtube;9FT3AzlhK3k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FT3AzlhK3k[/video]

That video is awful! I know of 5 year olds that would be ashamed of that!

View attachment 264101

Man Utd

The Man Utd squad review

View attachment 264100

Best 3 players out on loan
Stefan De Vrij
View attachment 264095

Zeli Ismail
View attachment 264096

Christian Christensen
View attachment 264097

Stand out youth players

DL - Ged McGregor

View attachment 264098

DC - Conner Parkin

View attachment 264099

Coaching changes

Leaving with Fergie was the majority of his backroom staff.
Rene Meulensteen, Brian McClair, Paul McGuinnes​

So with alot of replacement needed i first went back to my old friends from Villa Ludek Miklosko, Gian Venturati, Bobby Mimms, Phil Cannon and Eric Mombaerts. The other main coach arriving was Gary Neville. Couldnt resist the last one!

The man in charge of the coaching teams Mark Bowen has taken the job as my assistant

Affilated clubs
FC Twente
Antwerp
New England
Molde
Peterborough
Hartlepool​

Three teams deals were cancelled
Newcastle town, Altrincham and Bury

Transfer budget set at £66m, would reach as high as £92m with players leaving

Manuel Pellegrini takes over at Aston Villa "I wish him all the best. He's a great manager"

FIFA World Cup failures lead to two prominent sackings

Arsene Wenger sacked after they shockingly failed to qualify from there group in the world cup. Despite it having Germany and USA the French team were expected to be reaching there peak now. With the European Championship in France in 2 year time the new manager will have little time to reorginize the squad for the biggest championships in there historys

Spain also sack Del Bosque after a world cup and runner up in the 2012 European Championships they were knocked out by Germany in the 2nd Round

On the 16th of July Donald is offered the Spain job. Job rejected after France claim to be flattered by my interest.

France want Donald

France offer Donald the job the following day with both club or contry happy for him to split his time between the jobs.

View attachment 264491

The French Football Federeation
Press Conference

The French Football president declaired Donald despite have a poor grasp of French was the best choice for the job with his passion and pride he has taken in leading out the host nation. Expectation is to ensure nation pride is restored while building a team to play in 2016.
"Im greatly hounered to have been handed this amazing chance to lead a country into there home championships. I will do what it takes to get team together with the ultimate aim of success in winning Frances first trophy since 2000"
"I will announce my first squad in the run up to our Friendly with Wales in September giving me time to find people with the passion and drive to do this for France"

Early selection plans
View attachment 264492

2014/15 Season Preview
Taking over the champions!

Eve of the Community shield

Main Summer News
Man Utd break record transfer to buy World Cup winner Neymar on the way to spending £101m
French and Spain replace there managers with Spain hiring Benitez sets off Huge managerial merigo round.

Targets
Having joined the biggest club in the world the targets are simple! Win everything. Having broke up Fergie's squad and put in some of my own players, only missed out on 2 players Lucas Moura and less realistically Cristiano Ronaldo. We've got 5 youngsters who will get some cup football but wont risk loosing any games over it.

Premiership - Winner
FA Cup - Winner
League Cup - Winner
Champions League - Winner
Media prediction is only 2nd. Where were they last season, or the last 3 or the last 3 seasons to be exact! Man City is there favorites

Pre Season Press Conference

The new Man Utd manager addresses there supporters ahead of the new season.​

Press: The fans saw key players such as Seydou Doumbia, Ever Banega and Rafael. Have you bought the players to take there place? "The way i plan to approach the game is different and different players have to come in to achieve such challenges" Grabbing Thiago and Neymar will help with our speedy direct play"

Press: Also leaving were back up players B Amos, S Kagawa, A Kerzhakov and M Van Ginkel along with 5 other players were let go. Do Man Utd have enough Squad depth "More than enough We've re-organized the whole squad brought in youth players who will challenge the current 1st team players with plenty of players out on loan proving there skills"

Press: Have You set your ambitions too high with a claim to win everything "Firstly as a Man Utd fan i have a huge desire to see my club do well and knowing i can make the difference is so inspiring"

Transfers

View attachment 264675

IN
Two major signings, One grand reunion and 3 young regens​

Thiago - Spanish Midfielder was unhappy at Barca after a season spent mostly on the subs bench and was one of about a dozen players i just put in a bid to see if there was a feasible deal was looking for around £20m and we eventually settled on £25m

View attachment 264677
Wrong pic but that shows how little he was playing​

Neymar - Brazilian superstar Neymar was the highlight of my Man Utd revolution. Cost the team £45m and he will be part of a front 3 "Neymar has been a major force in Brazilian football for long enough, time for him to take on the world with Man Utd"

Andrew Giddings - I couldn't move without my best regen! Tried to get Oliveia too but Villa wouldn't budge on a price now so will try again later on. Costing a huge £17.5m Villa made a massive 100% profit on the regen "I hope will lead Man Utd in the future but getting games will be harder here"

View attachment 264676

Youth players

View attachment 264680View attachment 264681View attachment 264682

Another player i tried to get from Newcastle, not just for his name!
View attachment 264679

Out

There was the traditional huge clearout of players as i tried to free up money for a big money buy aka Ronaldo but nothing came of it through!

5 Players from Fergie's 1st team Were sold off Doubia, Banega, Kagawa and Van Ginkel among them.

With plenty of feeder team we have no problems with loaning out heaps of players. Antwerp got 3 players, Hartlepool got 4, Peterborough only got 1 while FC Twente got my best 3 youngsters

Other Summer news

WORLD CUP

Brazil beat Urugauy to win the world cup at home but boy what a finish. Could Liverpools Lucas leave it any later than the 122nd minute to open the scoring and win the world cup.

Disappointments of the tournament were last 16 losers Spain who sacked the manager, England who didn't While Russia, Portugal and France failed to get out of the group stages.

Danny Welbeck was the competitions tops scorer

View attachment 264684View attachment 264683

Managers
With all the English job changes mentioned already here's the big movers in Europe​
Vincenzo Montella - Roma
Mark Hughes - Malaga
Rudi Garcia - Paris SG
Rafa Benitez - Spain - From Barcelona
Roberto Mancini - Barcelona
Jose Mourinho - Man City - From Real Madrid
Michel - Real Madrid

Top 10 transfers
Not including Man Utd deals

Kyle Walker - Arsenal - £26m
Garbirel Torje - Inter - £17.5m
Oscar - Benfica - £16.75m
Victor Moses - Tottenham - £16m
James Rodriguez - Aston Villa - £15.25m
Denis Suarez - Ath Madrid - £14.75m
Adam Lallana - Aston Villa - £14.75m
Moussa Dembele - Dortmund - £14.5m
D Chygrynski - Chelsea £13.2m
Jack Robinson - Aston Villa £13m

Man Utd First team 2014
View attachment 264685

My first Man Utd team fills me with pride! Our attacking force looks so strong hopefully the ageing defense will do while youngsters develop.

View attachment 264705

Community Shield 2014

These two set to face off again!
View attachment 264704

Man Utd
Darran Donald takes charge of his first game in is dream job. His aims of winning ever competition he enters is immediately put up to test against there one of there biggest rivals Liverpool. Jonny Evans, Tom Cleverly and Andrew Gidding are all out injured but they would have probably only made the bench.

Liverpool
Liverpool Injured right back Glen Johnson and winger Jimmy Briand who is away with France. Unlike previous Man Utd Liverpool fixtures Brendon Rodgers and Darran Donald get on very well, Will there friendship last through this historic rivalry. Today we'll find out.

The Match

1st Half - Man Utd just the better team as they take a halftime lead

24th Minute Thiago's debut ends as he goes off injured by Lucas, Later turns out to be a minor knock
41st minute Rooney opens the scoring

2nd Half - ZZZZ Fest. Typical community shield second half with both teams making multiple subs to stop any momentum building which suited us as we held onto the 1 goal lead to win the shield

"After loosing to Liverpool last year and the added pressure of my 1st game in charge made it even more vital that we won this match. A great start im proud of my team"

View attachment 264702

Captain marvel and man of the match

"Feed the Scousers, let them know it's Christmas time"

August

- Opening day horror show at Ewood park as Blackburn beat us 3-2
- Man City boss Jose Mourinho starts his mind games early "United don't look good enough to win it this year" "Wolves are a good team who United will do well to beat"
- Ryan Giggs joins the coaching staff
- League cup draw is very kind of as we get Carlisle
- Tricky Champions League Group as we draw Valencia and money ritch Paris SG join us in group C, Im sure Stum Graz wont offer much resistance

View attachment 264772

Fixtures

Blackburn V Man Utd - Premiership
Championship play-off winners Blackburn return to the Premiership the once won to a baptism of fire against the champions Man Utd. This may be the best time to play them as the settle under a new manager for the first time in almost 30 years. "Thiago and Neymar are set to make there debut's and its exciting to see how they get on on there 1st league match"

Blackburn 3-2 Man Utd
Rooney
Hernandez​

A early Man Utd goal was chewed up spat out by the Premiership new boys who went into half time 2-1 up. The second half had even more shocks with a 3rd Blackburn goal! Javi Hernandez lead the ightback with a goal but we didn't have enough to pull it back as we went down to a opening day defeat. "Shocked doesn't even cover it. This is one of the worst results for Man Utd in a long time but it is very early days and were still getting used to a new way of football"

Man Utd V Aston Villa - Premiership
"Im expecting a much better performance this time round! The stretford end will not stand for that ****" A Very important game between two of the teams expected to be fighting for the title as Donald will see his former team sooner than he'd expect.

Man Utd 3-0 Aston Villa
Neymar
Rooney
Hamsik​

What a difference a week makes! We were absolutely dominant and how we only won by 3 is a mystery with 9 shots on target in the 1st half alone! Our result was not my favorite moment of the day however

View attachment 264773
They also lost 4-1 to Wigan

Man Utd V Wolves - Premiership
After destroying Aston Villa Man Utd will be hoping they can carry there home form into there match with Wolves "Come on everyone we have got to get another 3 points on the break before the international break

Man Utd 4-1 Wolves
Hamsik
Rooney
Neymar
Welbeck​

A Marek Hamsik goal gave Man Utd the advantage at half time but Dede made a horrific error trying to clear the ball off the line and Wolves got there equalizer. Wayne Rooney quickly set the record straight and Neymar made it safe while Welbeck put the icing on the cake

League

View attachment 264771

Player of the Month
Wayne Rooney
View attachment 264770

A goal in all 4 games he's played and he can beat Bobby Charlton's scoring record for England during the upcoming international window.

Nice taking over France! Try Varane (Def), Cros(GK) and Gameiro (ST), you won't regret it :)

Classic Jose Mourinho

Love him

Yeah i think its going to be a great fight between us two in charge of the Manchester Clubs.

Nice taking over France! Try Varane (Def), Cros(GK) and Gameiro (ST), you won't regret it :)

I've got Varane in my 1st squad but was behind Sakho and Rami in that position. Cros didnt make the squad but with Lloris playing he's going to be No1 for a while yet. Interesting choice with Gameiro i will look at him int he future as Benzema being first choice and i wanted to give youngster Galim a chance

Back