Finland
September - 2032

View attachment 347976

Finland 7 - 0 Moldova

View attachment 347975

A fantastic start to our reign in charge of the Finnish national team, with a resounding 7-0 victory over minnows Moldova. Our attacking midfielder Lehtonen scored a great hatrick, whilst the only player in the starting 11 who has never had anything to do with Inter Turku, centre back Vile Savolainenm bagged himself a brace. The other two goals came from an own goal, and a rare goal for Argentine turned Finnish left back Martin Vera.

Israel 0 - 4 Finland

View attachment 347972

Now Israel beat us twice in the last Euro qualifying campaign under the old manager, so I think to beat them 4-0 in their back yard is a great sign. Lehtonen brought his tally to 5 goals in 2 games, whilst star striker Jesse Strandvall also bagged a brace.

Group Standings:

View attachment 347970

A very strong start, however with Poland at home and Spain away in my next two games, I think we'll have a much better judgement of where we stand. Spain will more than likely win the group as they are currently ranked the number 1 national team in the world.

Next update will cover the games against Poland and Spain. Our Champions League group consists of PSG, Anderlecht and Dynamo Kyiv. RoPS and FC Lahti both qualified for the Europa League and have groups they may have a chance of qualifying from. Are people happy with me doing the international updates like this?

Finland
October - 2032

View attachment 347929

Finland 5 - 2 Poland

View attachment 347928

I was expecting a tough game against the Polish considering they are 19th in the World Rankings and have a couple of top notch players. However, we were 5-0 up and cruising within 30 minutes here. They did grab a couple of consolation goals in the second half, however our mind was already on the Spain game at that point.

Spain 1 - 0 Finland

View attachment 347927

This is by far the toughest game in the group, and we did ourselves no disgrace in losing a tight game 1-0 at the Riazor stadium. We did have quite a few chances to equalize, but they probably had more chances to extend their lead, so the narrow defeat was probably a fair result.

World Cup Qualifying Group:

View attachment 347926

We've got the early advantage over Poland in the race for 2nd. With Spain to come at home however, I would not yet rule out winning the group and qualifying automatically.

Next up will be an end of season update...

FC Inter Turku
August, September and October 2032

View attachment 347615

Fixtures:

View attachment 347614

100% record for a second time, alongside another Finnish Cup win.

Player Stats:

View attachment 347613

Linssen had another very prolific season, with 40 goals in 26 starts. Kalle Lehtonen may have to be considered the greatest ever player to come through our academy, with yet another season where he averages over an 8 rating, getting 24 goals and 19 assists in 29 starts.

League Table:

View attachment 347612

No new records this season but a 100% season nonetheless, so I really can't complain XD

Next update will be a European group stage review...

FC Inter Turku
Champions League Group Stages - 2032

View attachment 347551

Fixtures:

View attachment 347548

6 wins from 6 games, scoring 27 goals and conceding 8. We did conceded a few more goals than we would have liked, and we will need to cut that out if we are to progress past some of the better teams in the knockout rounds. We have been given a pretty hard draw in the first knockout round, against Italian giants Juventus.

Player of the Groups - Dave Linssen

View attachment 347545

The Netherlands' striker got to start the last 4 games after an injury to Ozokwo, and managed to bag himself 7 goals in those 4 games.

RoPS and FC Lahti in Europa League:

View attachment 347542View attachment 347541View attachment 347540View attachment 347539

FC Lahti will be disappointed that despite putting up decent showings in every game, they could only take 5 points with 5 draws and a 1 goal loss. RoPS on the other hand won 3 and lost 3, which was enough to narrowly secure their passage to the 1st knockout round where they'll play Benfica of Portugal.

Next up will be an end of season review...

FC Inter Turku

Season Review - 2032

View attachment 347528

Finnish Premier League - Winners

View attachment 347527
Finnish Cup and League Cup - Winners

View attachment 347526View attachment 347525

Champions League - 1st Knockout Round (In Progress)

View attachment 347524

Fans Player of the Year - Kalle Lehtonen

View attachment 347522View attachment 347523

Best 11:

View attachment 347520
Overall Best 11:

View attachment 347521

Club Information + Finances:

View attachment 347517View attachment 347518View attachment 347516View attachment 347515

Club History + Records:

View attachment 347513View attachment 347514

Next up will be a 2032 review for Finland...

Finland

View attachment 347512

Fixtures:

View attachment 347511

A very good half of a year in charge for me, winning ever game but one narrow 1-0 loss away to Spain. Our front 4 is pretty strong and that is reflected in the number of goals we have scored over the games.

World Cup 2034 Qualifying Group:

View attachment 347510

1 point behind Spain, who are in 1st, and 2 points ahead of Poland, who are in 3rd. It should be an exciting 2nd half to the qualifying campaign and I expect at least 2nd and a playoff match to get us to our first ever World Cup.

World Ranking - 31st

View attachment 347509

Player of the Year - Jesse Strandvall

View attachment 347507

Under 21 Player of the Year - Filip Ala-Porkkunen

View attachment 347508

Best 11:

View attachment 347506

Overall Best 11:

View attachment 347505

Next update will be of the Champions League 1st knockout round against Juventus...

Finland
March - 2033

View attachment 347174

Moldova 0 - 1 Finland

View attachment 347173

This was a real tough slog away in Moldova, however Norwich attacking midfielder Hovi came off the bench to ****** a 78th minute winner. At the same time, Spain could only managed a draw at home to Poland and so we have jumped above them into top spot of our qualifying group.

View attachment 347172

Next update will be a Champions League knockout round update...

love seeing how the other teams in Finland are doing!

Have you noticed any real growth in ability of other teams in the league?

Also the international updates are good mate :)

love seeing how the other teams in Finland are doing!

Have you noticed any real growth in ability of other teams in the league?

Also the international updates are good mate :)

100%, with the league reputation improving it becomes easier for the other teams to attract decent players. Plus, as the league's qualification places improve it is easier for them to qualify for Europe. I'll give you a quick run down of the other decent teams in the league, in the order they finished in the league:

RoPS:

View attachment 347171View attachment 347170View attachment 347169View attachment 347168

FC Lahti:

View attachment 347167View attachment 347166View attachment 347165View attachment 347164

HJK:

View attachment 347171View attachment 347161View attachment 347162View attachment 347160

IFK Mariehamn:

View attachment 347159

FC Honka:

View attachment 347158

FC Haka:

View attachment 347157View attachment 347156

Nana is a quality player who should bring them a lot of money if they choose to sell him!

100%, with the league reputation improving it becomes easier for the other teams to attract decent players. Plus, as the league's qualification places improve it is easier for them to qualify for Europe. I'll give you a quick run down of the other decent teams in the league, in the order they finished in the league:

RoPS:

View attachment 664132View attachment 664135View attachment 664138View attachment 664141

FC Lahti:

View attachment 664144View attachment 664147View attachment 664150View attachment 664153

HJK:

View attachment 664132View attachment 664162View attachment 664159View attachment 664165

IFK Mariehamn:

View attachment 664167

FC Honka:

View attachment 664169

FC Haka:

View attachment 664171View attachment 664174

Nana is a quality player who should bring them a lot of money if they choose to sell him!

Wow, cheers for the detailed response man!

Haka could easily rise as a club sell Nana for his value! Interesting to see so many south americans in the league

FC Inter Turku
Season Preview + Champions League 1st Knockout Round - 2033

View attachment 347155

Transfers:

View attachment 347154

The big sale came in the form of Chilean attacking midfielder Rodrigo Medel, who was pivotal in taking our team from scraping through the group stages of the Champions League to genuine contenders for the competition. As is with most players when managing in a smaller league, I feel you have to sell them whilst they still have value and replace them with a cheaper, yyounger player to develop in order to keep the finances stable. We did this by bringing in Ukranian Velychko, who'll be backup for the time being and allow Lehtonen to finally become first choice. We also brought in an English striker from Man City for £1,200,000 (A fee agreed to bring forward his bosman signing), who has 4 star potential and should allow me to move on one of my current two strikers for big money in a year or so. We also agreed a deal to bring in a midfielder on a bosman in July, and he'll be our backup box to box midfielder.

View attachment 347153View attachment 347152View attachment 347151View attachment 347150

Finnish League Cup:

View attachment 347149

Another League Cup in the trophy cabinet, however RoPS gave us a good game in the final as we only won by the odd goal.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round - FC Inter Turku 7 - 2 Juventus

View attachment 347148View attachment 347147

A hard fought 2-2 draw away in Turin was followed up by a comfortable 5-0 victory in the national stadium to set up a quarter final against Tottenham, who currently sit 2nd in the Premier League.

Next update will be of the Champions League Quarter Final, and the semi final if we get there...

Last edited:
Wow, cheers for the detailed response man!

Haka could easily rise as a club sell Nana for his value! Interesting to see so many south americans in the league

Yeah he's probably the best player in the league outside of Turku. I've just realised I should start putting the league transfers in the updates to see if/when any of the other clubs make big sales. FC Lahti sold a player for £6,000,000 in January, which is the biggest transfer I've seen in the league which didn't involve us.

Yeah he's probably the best player in the league outside of Turku. I've just realised I should start putting the league transfers in the updates to see if/when any of the other clubs make big sales. FC Lahti sold a player for £6,000,000 in January, which is the biggest transfer I've seen in the league which didn't involve us.

Wonder if anyone will grow enough to give you a proper run for your money in the league... definitely cool seeing the league grow so much around you!

Wonder if anyone will grow enough to give you a proper run for your money in the league... definitely cool seeing the league grow so much around you!

I doubt it, think it would take a tycoon takeover of one of the other teams and then serious investment in the playing squads. The one thing I am disappointed about though is the lack of decent facilities in the league outside of us. RoPS have improved their youth and training facilities twice, but none of the other teams have. Hopefully this will improve in the future. Think I'll play this save until FM15, so it's the little things like this which keep me interested XD

FC Inter Turku
Champions League Knockout Rounds - 2033

View attachment 347143

Quarter Final - FC Inter Turku 7 - 4 Tottenham

View attachment 347142View attachment 347141

A brilliant 4-1 victory at the New White Hart Lane all but secured our place in the semi final, which we then secured with a 3-3 draw at home in the second leg, in front of a record crowd of 37,431. A semi final against Manchester United awaited for a place in the final at Old Trafford.

Semi Final - FC Inter Turku 5 - 3 Manchester United

View attachment 347140View attachment 347139

Once again we did the majority of the work in the 1st leg. We sold out the national stadium for the first ever time, and in doing so a record attendance of 40,600 saw us win 3-0 and all importantly didn't let United get an away goal. We did lose a tight second leg 3-2, but our qualification to the final was never really in doubt and we even managed to rest a couple of players who were one yellow away from missing the final.

Next update will be the Champions League Final against Manchester City at Old Trafford!

FC Inter Turku
Champions League Final - 2033

View attachment 347125

FC Inter Turku 3 - 0 Manchester City

View attachment 347124

Our 3rd ever Champions League trophy is in the bag, with a hatrick from record signing, Polish winger, Iwanowski bagging a hatrick to send the blue half of Manchester home from Old Trafford very unhappy! We have won all 3 Champions League finals we have been in so far, something I attribute to having a lot of players with the specific strength of 'important matches' in their scouting report, a great tip I picked up from Kerguelen during his KR story in Iceland.

Next update will cover the first couple of months of the domestic season...

Last edited:

FC Inter Turku
April and May - 2033

View attachment 347122

Fixtures:

View attachment 347121

As you'd expect domestically, a lot of wins and a lot of goals!

Player Stats:

View attachment 347120

Finnish attacking midfielder Kalle Lehtonen is leading the goalscoring charts with 23, just 2 goals ahead of Netherlands striker Dave Linssen. Left back Xavier Ramos is enjoying his best form since joining the club this season, and has 9 assists in 15 starts.

League Table:

View attachment 347119

Averaging above 5 goals a game so far in the league, and only conceded 1 in 8 as well.

Other News:

1)
Upgrades to our training facilities have been completed, leaving them looking like this.

View attachment 347118

Next update will be of the June friendlies for the Finnish national side, where we will play Honduras and Greece.

Been silently reading and following this for a while mate, it's amazing! How you've built the club up and to be winning Champions Leagues is brilliant. The story has a great layout, with plenty of detail. Hoping I can replicate something like this on my Hoffenheim story :) KIU, looking forward to more success with FC Inter Turku!!

Finland
June 2033 - Friendlies

View attachment 346602

Finland 1 - 0 Honduras

View attachment 346601

This felt like a proper friendly, and was almost played at half pace. Luckily though, we did just about enough to secure the victory, with Torino midfielder Byskata grabbing the winner.

Finland 3 - 3 Greece

View attachment 346600

If the last game was played like a traditional friendly, then this game was the complete opposite! It looked as though we were heading for a second defeat as Finland boss when we went 3-1 down in the early moments of the second half, but we managed to pull it back to 3-3 with goals from Standvall and substitute Hovi. A decent result in the end and in the manner it came, it will certainly keep the momentum going into key qualifiers against Israel and Poland in September.

Under 20's World Cup:

View attachment 346598

Our under 20's somehow qualified for the World Cup, I can't seem to find any qualification period so I'm not quite sure why they were there but I suppose it just goes to show the improvements we are making as a footballing nation. At the tournament, they only picked up 3 points from their group, courtesy of a win over Australia but that was enough to sneak into the 2nd round, where they exited on penalties to the Czech Republic after a 0-0 draw. The tournament should act as good experience for the youngsters as it's the first time any of the youth national teams have played at a major tournament.

Next update will be a June and July club review...

FC Inter Turku
June and July - 2033

View attachment 346524

Transfers:

View attachment 346522

We've been very busy over the past couple of months in the transfer market, mainly with players leaving the club. Backup keeper Lee Jung-Jae, who we signed for £1,000,000, left to go to PSG for a very nice £14,500,000. Also leaving the club was Irish centre back Colgan, who we signed for £57,000, for £20,000,000 to Hull with a lot of the fee being paid over 48 months. Next to leave was midfielder Kerim Tekik for £26,000,000, another great deal considering we got him on a bosman just 1 year ago. The last big departure was that of Croatian winger Srna for £10,000,000 + 50% of his next transfer fee to Southampton. Srna was another player to come in on a free, and after a year on loan at Hamburg (Which brought us in a million pound in loan fees) he has been sold on.

View attachment 346519View attachment 346518View attachment 346517View attachment 346516

The only incoming arrival that needs to be written about is the arrival of a new backup Serbian keeper, Tosic, on a free transfer. After Jung-Jae left we needed a replacement and this lad is certainly good enough cover on a free.

View attachment 346515

Fixtures:

View attachment 346514

It was all plain sailing until the unexpected draw at home to 8th place SJK has spoilt any hope of consecutive 100% seasons.

Player Stats:

View attachment 346511

Linssen has just edged ahead of Lehtonen in the goalscoring charts, whilst left winger Van Dongen tops the assist charts since taking over as first choice winger from Scheweleff.

League Table:

View attachment 346509

The table, and in particular the top 4, is very much as expected. City rivals TPS are in danger of going down again, sitting just 3 points ahead of the relegation spot.

Other News:

1)
No changes in terms of position for the league in the rankings or coefficients, sitting 8th in both. Club jumps up to 4th in club coefficients.

View attachment 346507View attachment 346508View attachment 346506

2) Centre midfielder Byun Jae-Yoon played a pivotal role in South Korea winning the confederations cup, beating Uruguay in the final.

View attachment 346505View attachment 346504

Next update will be a quick review of our Champions League group, and more importantly how many other Finnish teams will be playing in Europe next year...