• Thread starter Thread starter Pr1cey17
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 253
  • Views Views 60K
View attachment 310940
FC Porto - Return To Glory
January 2015 - Monthly review

Average Month For FC Porto

In a month that saw FC Porto lose their first league game of the season against bitter rivals SL Benfica they would have been happy not to lose too much of their lead in the league. The lead now stands at 4 points with Porto having a game in hand over Benfica. Price's team won 4 of their 6 games over the month with the other non win coming in a league cup game that they did not need to win. Porto scored 13 times in the month and conceded 4.

Premier league

SL Benfica 3 FC Porto 2
Goals: Andersen, Nem

FC Porto 3 P Ferreira 0
Goals: Nem, Gotze, OG

FC Porto 3 Gil Vicente 0
Goals: Nem, Bressan, Maicon

Beira Mar 0 FC Porto 1
Goals: Destro

Nacional De Madeira 1 FC Porto 4
Goals: Nem(2), Gotze, Simao

Portugese League Cup

Vit Guimaraes 0 FC Porto 0

View attachment 310952View attachment 310953View attachment 310954

Player Of The Month

A brilliant mont for Wellington Nem saw him take the mantel from the injured Destro and lead the team with 5 goals during the course of January. Nem made sure he maintained his form during the month and as a result was sure to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

View attachment 310955

Good squad mate, but as someone mentioned earlier on, I think that the weakest part of your team is your DM. If you could get a player of real quality in beside Koke, you'd be an even bigger force in Europe. But that's like a 1% negative. Good story mate, keep going!

Good squad mate, but as someone mentioned earlier on, I think that the weakest part of your team is your DM. If you could get a player of real quality in beside Koke, you'd be an even bigger force in Europe. But that's like a 1% negative. Good story mate, keep going!

I have Paul Pogba in reserve who looks decent, might put him in there.

View attachment 311111
February 2015 - Monthly Review

Porto Grind Out February Results

FC Porto once again showed their title credentials this month by grinding out a number of wins that could see them lift the title sooner rather than later. With 5 wins and a draw in the 6 games during the month the team maintained a lead a top of the premier league. League top scorer Destro has slowed down with the goals recently but scored a 90th minute winning penalty during the month that could prove vital. They also took a lead in the champions league first knockout round with a home win against Valencia.

Premier League

FC Porto 1 Vit setubal 1
Goals: Maicon

FC Porto 1 Vit Moreirense
Goals: Maicon

Martimo 2 FC Porto 3
Goals: Andersen, Ginter, Schurrle

FC Porto 2 Braga 0
Goals: Destro, Nem

Academica 0 FC Porto 3
Goals: Destro, Bressan, Schurrle

Champions League

FC Porto 1 Valencia 0
Goals: Schurrle

View attachment 311112View attachment 311113

Player Of The Month

This month it was FC Porto's defence that shone brighter than their attackers keeping 4 clean sheets in 6 games as well as contributing goals to the cause aswell. Ter Stegen has proved a brilliant signing this season keeping a total of 21 clean sheets in 32 games this season. It looks as though his performances may be key for Porto winning the league and cups.

View attachment 311115

View attachment 311126
March 2015 - Champions League Quarter Final Draw

View attachment 311126 VS View attachment 311127
FC Porto Vs Celtic FC
Champions League Quarter Final

FC Porto will be happy with the draw for the champions league quarter final with their opponents being Celtic. Having beaten Valencia 3-1 on aggregate in the last round they will be confident going into the first leg at home. Celtic did however knock out Chelsea in the last round and in Wilifried Zaha they have one of europes most prolific strikers.

View attachment 311159
March 2015 - Monthly review

Glory For Porto In March

With 3 wins in 4 games and no losses, March was another great month for Price and Porto. Even though their lead at the top of the title was slightly cut, they advanced in the champions league and league cups. The month was made sweeter by the draw for the next round of the champions league in which FC Porto drew Celtic.

Premier League

FC Porto 0 Rio Ave 0

FC Porto 3 Vit Guimaraes 2
Goals: Destro, Nem, Danilo

Portugese League Cup

FC Porto 3 Martimo 0
Goals: Destro, Rolando, Schurrle

Champions League

Valencia 1 FC Porto 2
Goals: Nem, Gotze

View attachment 311160View attachment 311161

Player Of The Month

This month FC Porto's player of the month award went to Mario Gotze as he returned from injury. With a goal and a player of the match display against Valencia he really showed why Price went out of his way to sign him just over 12 months ago.

View attachment 311164
April 2015 - Champions League Semi Final Draw

View attachment 311164 VS View attachment 311165
FC PortoVS Man City
Champions League Semi Final

Today John Price begins to dream that his Champions league dream can come true as they draw Manchester City in the semi final of the cup. This is the furthest Price's Porto have got since he took charge nearly 3 years ago and the belief around the Estadio De Dragao is high now that they are two games away from the final.

Looking solid in the league once again. Tough champions league draw good luck

Looking solid in the league once again. Tough champions league draw good luck

Unbelievable mate, 3 all on aggreagte, through on away goals!!! Big game against benfica at the weekend could decide league. Full update gonna be up tomorow now though

View attachment 311253

May 2015 - April/May Review

Price Realises His Dream

Price knew that in order to live his dream of reaching the champions league final that his team would have to endure a grueling 12 games in the last 12 months of the season. And that is exactly what they did. FC Porto won 9 of the 11 games preceeding this final, seeling the Premier League and Portugese League Cup in the process. Price did however suffer the indignity of defeat in a final for the first time during the League cup final to Sporting.

Premier League

Played - 6
Won - 6
Lost - 0
Drawn - 0
For - 16
Against - 2

With six straight wins at the end of the Premier League season FC Porto secured their fifth and Price's third successive title. The decisive game came against bitter table topping rivals SL Benfica which Porto won 2-1 at home and lifted the League title. Mattia Destro finished as top scorer in the league with 29 goals while Alex Sandro took the award for most assists.

View attachment 311255

Portugese League Cup Final

Sporting 2 FC Porto 1
Goals: Destro

Champions League

FC Porto 3 Celtic 0
Goals: Destro(2), Nem

Celtic 0 FC Porto 1
Goals: Andersen

Quarter Final Vs Celtic ends 4-0 on aggregate and FC Porto draw Manchester City

FC Porto
2 Manchester City 0
Goals: Kelvin, Schurrle

Manchester City 3 FC Porto 1
Goals:
Destro

Semi Final Vs Man City end 3-3 on aggregate with FC Porto advancing on away goals and drawing Real Madrid in the final

View attachment 311257

View attachment 311258

May 2015 - Champions League Final

View attachment 311258 VS View attachment 311259

FC Porto 1 Real Madrid 0
Destro ' 64

Champions League Final from the Millenium Stadium, Cardiff
Attendance: 72,500

When John Price took charge at FC Porto 36 months ago he stated his one ambition was to return Cahmpions League glory to the club. Well 3 years, 3 titles, 4 domestic cups and a few signing later he managed to achieve his goal, and boy was he happy!!

FC Porto went into the game as the underdogs but never let this phase them as they went on the assault from the off. Porto had to withstand a fair amount of pressure during the first half but managed to make it to half time with their german keeper largely untested. After half time Price sent his players out to stun the Spanish giants and on the 64 minute mark thats exactly what they did. Mattia Destro picked up the ball on half way and after a neat one two with Gotze he struck a 30 yard strike into the roof of the net past Joe Hart sending Porto into raptures. The strike was his 40th of the season and his 76th since joining Porto for free 2 seasons ago and was enough to see FC Porto lift the champions League!!

View attachment 311262

June 2015 - The End?

Childhood Dream For Price?

View attachment 311263

Today could see the end to Price's reign at FC Porto as his childhood team Manchester United offer to make him their new manager following the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson. Price will now have a big decision to make, having won everything in Portugal though it seems this new challenge has come at the right time?

Whats your opinion? Should Price leave?

So a big decision for me but im very tempted i have to say. If i do go i will have to start a new story wont i? or is the name of the thread changable?

So a big decision for me but im very tempted i have to say. If i do go i will have to start a new story wont i? or is the name of the thread changable?

perfect time to start as you in the off season and can mould your team to your liking, nice sized transfer kitty as well..

post a SS of United's squad

I would do it mate :) you won the ECL and all you can with Porto :)

I say move!

perfect time to start as you in the off season and can mould your team to your liking, nice sized transfer kitty as well..

post a SS of United's squad

I would do it mate :) you won the ECL and all you can with Porto :)

I say move!

I agree mate, think the move will be a good one for me. This is a screen shot of their current squad (Not changed much).

View attachment 311264

Thiago looks awesome, got a few ideas already.

Will be starting a new thread as it wouldnt make sense to continue in this story would it?

I agree mate, think the move will be a good one for me. This is a screen shot of their current squad (Not changed much).

View attachment 311264

Thiago looks awesome, got a few ideas already.

Will be starting a new thread as it wouldnt make sense to continue in this story would it?

it would most certainly would make sense mate, its about you the manager at the end of the day..

So the deal is done and the next update, contract, squad, trandfers etc... will be on tonight!! Having returned FC Porto to glory the next chapter is.... Manchester United.

Let me know what you think people!!

So the deal is done and the next update, contract, squad, trandfers etc... will be on tonight!! Having returned FC Porto to glory the next chapter is.... Manchester United.

Let me know what you think people!!

I can always change the title of the thread if you like?

eg:

[h=1]F.C Porto Return To Glory: A Manchester United Story[/h]

Just read all 16 pages and all I can say is wow. What an adventure, congrats on winning the champions league in 3 seasons!

Back