Features missing in FM2012 and new features for FM2013

Family related Regens where sons or younger brothers etc of former or current players can then play for the club in the future and go up through the system :D

I would really like to see this too. There could be a new stat: Card prone.

This would work really well, as the players with a 11-20 Card prone stat would be more likely to start a fight, go into tackles harder, etc..

Surely the hidden stat: 'dirtiness', covers this?

Hello everyone,
I've got a few things I'd love to see in FM 2013, some have already been mentioned on here but all would help make the game better...

1. Making bids for your stadium to host cup finals (Champions League, Europa League etc.) I'd love this because most of the time the stadiums are just rotated so it would feel cool to see that your facilities are that good to host the Champions league final. You could also receive a share of the ticket sales and sponsorship as well!
2. I'd like to see money having an even bigger impact in the game than it already has, over the last year we've seen some transfers that really are all about the money involved (Gyan, Eto'o etc.) so I'd like to see this incorporated into the game, more players going to oil rich clubs for insane wages.
3. Let us choose how many international caps/goals we got as a player on the make a manager screen! It's annoying when you try to do a story as an old legend coming back (Cantona, Figo, Gary Neville) and they get randomized stats that are usually far from the true story, it's only a small change but would help a lot!
4. MORE! More dialogue options to players, press questions etc.
5. getting to play AS AN EXISTING MANAGER!!!! Let's be honest, not many people want to actually play as Sir Alex Ferguson but it would help us to do stories and establish the realism of this in our own minds
6. Rivalries developing, I like this
7. Becoming friends with other managers, I know you can in FM 2011 because after a few seasons my guy was on the favored personnel list of a few other managers like Mourinho and Laudrup
8. Challenge mode! Let's be honest, most of us get bored of FM by the summer because with every passing day and transfer it is more out of date, a challenge mode will just keep us entertained during this period before the next edition as it would be a cool little addictive time waster.
9. Job interviews, YES PLEASE!
10. Fan reaction and interaction, more of it please! It would be nice if the fans actually complain through the inbox and press about selling a fan favorite as well as actually speaking to them more
11. One more thing, I'd love to rename stadiums, sell the stadium name, name stands and add seats as this would make it feel more personalized rather than just a small graphic.
12. Allowing you to go on holiday during a match, it's annoying if you're in a hurry to go and do something but your kept in a 25 minute long match! This would help everyone

Thanks SI for a wonderful game!

One thing i would like to see is Job Interviews and the chance to do coaching badges like on Championship manager 10 i think?

Also more variety on the stadiums, so there not all the same. I would love to see something like lma manager where you develop the stadium and also the training facilities!

Here's a thing that's annoying the **** out of me. In my Southampton save, I've been offered Adebayor for under £5m since he ain't getting any playtime and is unhappy at City. But, of course his agent is a ****** and contract negotiations in this game is pretty lame when it comes to certain negotiations... He wants a BETTER contract from me than the one he has at City.

He's currently on £120k a week and he wants £160k and £15k in most bonuses etc. and stuff like that is completely unrealistic and I hope they change that. First of all they should make it so that players actually accept the fact that they have to go down in wages etc. to play football and that AI club that's selling can pay the player for example £50k for the rest of his contract with his old club - that way I can actually offer him a contract I can pay and that he "deserves".

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread but, I would like to see the 'Processing' loading screens improved, by this I mean ..
..the loading screens between games and fixtures whilst you wait for the game to finish processing, it often displays stats and info on your progress i.e. PREM: away form WWWXL, Annual Salary's, Attendances' and so on .. this is a great addition to the game that I've enjoyed over the past few releases, although ...
I would like it dramatically improved MORE stats - top goal scorers, transfer rumours, MoM award tables, Injuries to big name players the works!
granted, this can all be found using in game menus but the problem is we don't all have Monster i5/i7 pc's and laptops so anyone like myself with a lower spec machine see's this 'processing' screen ALOT, but we persevere because of our love for the game, I run FM12 on a HP Mini so find myself starring at this loading stat screen loads, "so spice it up a bit!
as it stands it only seems to show the form or stats of about 13 out of 20 premiership teams so the loading screen needs to be expanded to full screen not just as a window this could increase the amount of info/stats we see, hopefully fitting all 20 team names on screen.
I can't see it being that difficult to introduce as the feature is already there!
it's either that or someone can buy me a Super charged ultrabook that speeds through the processing page in the blink of an eye! :)

Sorry if this is a duplicate thread but, I would like to see the 'Processing' loading screens improved, by this I mean ..
..the loading screens between games and fixtures whilst you wait for the game to finish processing, it often displays stats and info on your progress i.e. PREM: away form WWWXL, Annual Salary's, Attendances' and so on .. this is a great addition to the game that I've enjoyed over the past few releases, although ...
I would like it dramatically improved MORE stats - top goal scorers, transfer rumours, MoM award tables, Injuries to big name players the works!
granted, this can all be found using in game menus but the problem is we don't all have Monster i5/i7 pc's and laptops so anyone like myself with a lower spec machine see's this 'processing' screen ALOT, but we persevere because of our love for the game, I run FM12 on a HP Mini so find myself starring at this loading stat screen loads, "so spice it up a bit!
as it stands it only seems to show the form or stats of about 13 out of 20 premiership teams so the loading screen needs to be expanded to full screen not just as a window this could increase the amount of info/stats we see, hopefully fitting all 20 team names on screen.
I can't see it being that difficult to introduce as the feature is already there!
it's either that or someone can buy me a Super charged ultrabook that speeds through the processing page in the blink of an eye! :)
I see this screen quite a bit on my computer that is actually very fast compared to a lot of peoples so it would benefit us all if it was jazzed up a bit.

i'd like the assistant manager or coaches to advise about sending reserve and youth players to your feeder clubs like where they would be best suited

1. To be able to comment on transfer speculations that doesn't involve your club, for example when you see City or PSG splashing the cash you should be able to comment "That amount of money spent on him tells us that football is getting ridiculous" or you may try to prevent a transfer to a rival by making discouraging comments in the media.

2. National teams should have "board" as well, in this case FA chairman c.s. National team managers should be paid as well, and you may ask that "board" to improve your contract when, for example, you win a major tournament. And perhaps one day there will be a feature when you may ask the national FA chairman to propose a bid to host major tournaments or tournament finals such as the World Cup and when the chairman thinks the country is ready or will soon be ready, he approves your request.

3. To improve the way tournament host selection in FM currently conducted, each country will keep tracking the number of 80.000+ seater stadiums in the country (to host a World Cup final), 50.000+ (for European Championship final), 40.000+ (for World Cup) etc. already completed and under construction. This will be used by the FA chairman as one of the factors, if there are others, to decide whether the country is "ready" when you requested the national FA to propose a bid described in the previous point.

4. People in the FM world should have their total asset calculated. Not only chairmen or other board members, players and staffs should also have theirs calculated. Maybe Cristiano Ronaldo will buy a club once he retires and become a new sugar daddy? :D

5. For the display of the stadiums (it's boring when you see the same stadiums week in week out), one option that could be added to stadiums is "Athletic Track", as we know that there are many stadiums having it installed. At least, it doubles the number of different stadium configurations that we could see.

6. The scouts should only be able to track a player's potential up to the next 4-5 years since it will be more realistic. A scout can say "Player A will still be some way off player B (who is in your squad) by the next five years but he will still be able to improve" rather than saying that a 16-year old player will be the club's next big thing but it turns out that he reached it at 28 years of age.

7. To be able to comment on the opposition team's dirty play (or an opposition player who played dirty throughout the match) that injured one or two of your players or their time-wasting tactic that costs you a loss on away goals in a two-legged tie.

8. Some leagues, such as MLS, should perhaps have a tendency to buy former star players who have gone through their glory days.

dunno if this has been said but just had a brainwave, the ability to put a transfer on hold while a player is injured hate it when they cancel it and you have to go through it all again when he recovers etc, obviously this wouldn't be feasible for ACL injuries etc but like stupid 4-6 weeks injuries would work

I know for a fact that this suggestion won't be implemented but I'm programming for an iPad app next year for my dissertation and I was thinking there's no harm in putting it out there I guess.

It would be cool if we could link up to our tablets (namely iPad in my case) to fm 2013. I know Windows 8 is pushing tablets like mad, maybe we could have tactics on our separate tablet screen, important facts about the game, highlights, changing tactics on the fly, maybe in game commentary with the use of social functions like facebook/twitter/youtube making it easier to chat with fellow fm 2013 users and friends a like and maybe news/goals updates from around the world in your game. I don't know really the possibilities are endless.

Championship Manager/ FIFA Manager style positioning whereby there is a limitless number of positions in which u can put players in as i find the current system restrictive and in terms of replicating real life tactics can cause many problems getting things perfect.

Championship Manager/ FIFA Manager style positioning whereby there is a limitless number of positions in which u can put players in as i find the current system restrictive and in terms of replicating real life tactics can cause many problems getting things perfect.

Thats what PPM's individual instructions and roles and duties are for.

Running the ball out of play

Ever since the match engine was introduced, even the most most gifted players struggle to keep the ball on the pitch when it is within 3m or so of the edge. Time and time again it happens, and no players seem able to stop this.

Also, corner takers being offside when they receieve the ball. It happens rarely in real life, so why does it always happen on FM?

Oh, and get rid of Steam. You have to be online to run Steam in offline mode (initially, but still a pain). I know it's a good anti-piracy tool, and also good for spreading updates, but for those that travel, like myself, and use Steam online often, its a real pain.

I know the Steam part won't happen, but at least we don't have to leave our house on release :)

This is a really small thing, and someone might have brought it up earlier..

Regens faces, please for the love of god SI.. make them better, they're so ugly.

I know for a fact that this suggestion won't be implemented but I'm programming for an iPad app next year for my dissertation and I was thinking there's no harm in putting it out there I guess.

It would be cool if we could link up to our tablets (namely iPad in my case) to fm 2013. I know Windows 8 is pushing tablets like mad, maybe we could have tactics on our separate tablet screen, important facts about the game, highlights, changing tactics on the fly, maybe in game commentary with the use of social functions like facebook/twitter/youtube making it easier to chat with fellow fm 2013 users and friends a like and maybe news/goals updates from around the world in your game. I don't know really the possibilities are endless.

Well, if they added dual monitor support, then they could easily do this.

More Editor options such as Opening and Closing Stages, MLS Rules, Drafts, groups in leagues (By that I mean teams competing in two different group stages in their league season) and most importantly the option to edit existing competitions so you can make small changes without having to recreate the entire system detail to detail.

how about you yourself being nighted if you become a legend like sir alex or sir bobby robson and also more interaction with the chairmen like threaten to leave if the chairmen doesnt build a stadium or get better feeder clubs and there could be manager celebrating after win or a goal like it does on LMA manager this makes it more realistic and you could make your own create your own manager looks and dress sense