Films You've Seen

• Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 181K
Airplane: 7.5/10: I thought this was really funny! First spoof comedy, was the catalyst for a whole genre of movies! "Clarence, clearance, Clarence" hahaha

heeheehee, just gold all over.
So many brilliant lines;
Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Striker: I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether.
Rumack, Randy: [together] It's an entirely different kind of flying.

heeheehee, just gold all over.
So many brilliant lines;
Striker: Surely you can't be serious.
Rumack: I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Striker: I flew single engine fighters in the Air Force, but this plane has four engines. It's an entirely different kind of flying altogether.
Rumack, Randy: [together] It's an entirely different kind of flying.

Elaine: You got a letter from headquarters this morning.

Striker: What is it?

Elaine: It's a big building where generals meet, but that's not important.

Rumack: You'd better tell the captain we've got to land as soon as we can. This woman has to be gotten to a hospital.

Elaine: A hospital? What is it?

Rumacj: It's a big building with patients, but that's not important right now.

Stewardess: Excuse me sir, there has been a little problem in the cockpit...

Striker: The cockpit? What is it?

Stewardess: It's the little room in front of the plane where the pilot's in, but that's not important right now.

Flight Control: Flight 209 you're clear for takeoff.
Clarence Oveur: Roger.

Roger Murdock: Huh?
FC: LA departure frequency 123.9.
Clarence Oveur: Roger.

Victor Basta: Request vector, over.
Clarence Oveur: What?

FC: Flight 209 clear for vector 324.
Roger Murdock: We have clearance, Clarence.
Clarence Oveur: Roger, Roger, what's our vector, victor?

FC: Now we're in radio clearance, over.
Clarence Oveur: That's Clarence Oveur, over.

Victor Basta: Roger.
FC: Roger, over.
Clarence Oveur: What?

Victor Basta: Who?

hahahahahhaa :) **** that was funny :) nice one!
And the pilot's... questionable questions to the kid.

Capt. Oveur: You ever been in a cockpit before?
Joey: No sir, I've never been up in a plane before.
Capt. Oveur: You ever…seen a grown man naked?
Capt. Oveur: Do you…like movies about gladiators?
Later...
Capt. Oveur: Joey, have you ever been…in a Turkish Prison?

The Dark Knight Rises: Fabulous epic film and and a great end to the trilogy. Tom Hardy steals the show as Bane with a terrific performance. 10/10

The Sweeney: Typical Nick Love. Not a terrible film but not great either. Nothing like the series. 6/10

Prometheus Not as good as id hoped but still enjoyed it. Although a prequel to Alien its not like Alien and as long as you realise that you can enjoy it. 8/10

Watched Ted last night. LOL'ed three times I think, not too bad. 7/10.

Just seen Let the Right One in. Great film. Very, very low budget, unknown actors, no flashy special effects. Loved it. Best vamp film I've seen since Interview With The Vampire. Makes a total mockery out of Twishite. Very enjoyable-though also very bleak.

9/10

Just seen Let the Right One in. Great film. Very, very low budget, unknown actors, no flashy special effects. Loved it. Best vamp film I've seen since Interview With The Vampire. Makes a total mockery out of Twishite. Very enjoyable-though also very bleak.

9/10
post 1701 page 171 :)

Let the Right one in: 8.4/10:

This was a very different movie, I was wanting to see it after I read about the director and heard/read good things about the film, there is no action scenes, no hollywood stunts etc, its a Scandanavian film with beautiful cinemetography and the story line is simple but has many layers to it. things unfold nicely and timely and is dark and grimm at the same time!

I watched the English dubbed version and I must say the voice overs were quite pathetic and took away from the whole experience. which was sad! I wish I had gotten the original one with subtitles!

Let the Right One In (2008) - IMDb

This movie is not going to blow your socks off with special effects like some guy turning into a wolf dog
tongue.gif
or glowing silver in the light, its a real, dark vampire movie, which barely even feels like one, its weird, hard to explain, but a must watch!

post 1701 page 171 :)

Let the Right one in: 8.4/10:

This was a very different movie, I was wanting to see it after I read about the director and heard/read good things about the film, there is no action scenes, no hollywood stunts etc, its a Scandanavian film with beautiful cinemetography and the story line is simple but has many layers to it. things unfold nicely and timely and is dark and grimm at the same time!

I watched the English dubbed version and I must say the voice overs were quite pathetic and took away from the whole experience. which was sad! I wish I had gotten the original one with subtitles!

Let the Right One In (2008) - IMDb

This movie is not going to blow your socks off with special effects like some guy turning into a wolf dog
tongue.gif
or glowing silver in the light, its a real, dark vampire movie, which barely even feels like one, its weird, hard to explain, but a must watch!

Thought i saw it mentioned. Just couldn't remember where-and it was only 2 pages back lol.

Borat is great. It's a comedy with a fairly poor story line, in contrast to comedies like American Pie and 21 Jump Street, but it is really laugh-out-loud funny at times.

It's one of those films created by the directors which is designed to fit as many laughs in 90 minutes as they can! Worth watching, 8/10.

A Single Man. 9/10

Colin Firth putting in an aoutstanding performace. Brilliant film

Has anyone seen Skyfall (James Bond), anyone give an opinion/review on this?

I have not decided on whether to go and see it yet. Odeon is not cheap these days so would like to know if it worth the watch!

Has anyone seen Skyfall (James Bond), anyone give an opinion/review on this?

I have not decided on whether to go and see it yet. Odeon is not cheap these days so would like to know if it worth the watch!

Save your money, nothing special.

9/10

I watched the subtitled original and thought it was quality. Not seen the English language remake yet.

Last edited:
Alex Cross: prequel to the 2 films starring Morgan Freeman from the James Patterson novels. Good watch if nothing special. Kiss the girls starring Freeman is still the best though. 7/10

Man with the Iron Fists: RZA of the Wu Tang clan and Quentin Tarantino bring you blood guts and kung fu action from start to finish. Enjoyable and Russell Crowe adds a touch of class as British soldier Jack Knife. 8/10

Shall be watching The Hobbit later on today and I cannot wait. Loved the books so really looking forward to this. I fully expect to go into nerd/geek mode during it lol

Safe to say The Hobbit didn't disappoint at all. Maybe have been long...but actually didn't want it to end. Also absolutely loaded with spectacular scenery aswell, and some good humour. Thoroughly enjoyable. 10/10 from my nerdy self

THE LIFE OF PI: Went to the cinema with the GF to watch this in 3D. Have to say i enjoyed this a lot more than i thought i would. Beautiful story and beautiful scenery. One of those films you just enjoy from start to finish. 9/10

DJANGO UNCHAINED: Really enjoyed this, best Tarantino film ive seen in a long long time. Cool slick and violent western about a slave who becomes a Bounty Hunter (Jamie Fox) . With the help of his mentor (Christoph Waltz) he sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal plantation owner (Leonardo DiCaprio) Also look out for a great and rather comical performance from Samuel L Jackson. 9/10

THE IMPOSSIBLE: Very moving and true story of a family caught, with tens of thousands of strangers, in the mayhem of one of the worst natural catastrophes of our time, the 2004 Tsunami. Its quite a scary film the sense that this could happen to any one of us and the after affects of such a tragedy really hit home. A film i enjoyed but not one id be in a rush to watch again. 8/10

DJANGO UNCHAINED: Really enjoyed this, best Tarantino film ive seen in a long long time. Cool slick and violent western about a slave who becomes a Bounty Hunter (Jamie Fox) . With the help of his mentor (Christoph Waltz) he sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal plantation owner (Leonardo DiCaprio) Also look out for a great and rather comical performance from Samuel L Jackson. 9/10

Absolutely agree with you on this film, saw it last week and throughly enjoyed it.

Another QT film thats good is THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS, don't usually rate Russell Crowe but in this he puts in a good performance, reminds me of Oliver Reed at times in this film.

LINCOLN: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Absolute political snore fest. 6/10 as Day-Lewis was his brilliant best as Abe Lincoln

Last edited: