Films You've Seen

• Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 181K
THE LIFE OF PI: Went to the cinema with the GF to watch this in 3D. Have to say i enjoyed this a lot more than i thought i would. Beautiful story and beautiful scenery. One of those films you just enjoy from start to finish. 9/10

DJANGO UNCHAINED: Really enjoyed this, best Tarantino film ive seen in a long long time. Cool slick and violent western about a slave who becomes a Bounty Hunter (Jamie Fox) . With the help of his mentor (Christoph Waltz) he sets out to rescue his wife from a brutal plantation owner (Leonardo DiCaprio) Also look out for a great and rather comical performance from Samuel L Jackson. 9/10

THE IMPOSSIBLE: Very moving and true story of a family caught, with tens of thousands of strangers, in the mayhem of one of the worst natural catastrophes of our time, the 2004 Tsunami. Its quite a scary film the sense that this could happen to any one of us and the after affects of such a tragedy really hit home. A film i enjoyed but not one id be in a rush to watch again. 8/10

The Impossible is probably the most distressing films I've ever watched. First 30 mins were ****** terrifying. It's shame they didn't really build on the characters at all though.

Another QT film thats good is THE MAN WITH THE IRON FISTS, don't usually rate Russell Crowe but in this he puts in a good performance, reminds me of Oliver Reed at times in this film.

I thought it was pretty awful to be honest, and I am generally a fan of QT, but not entirely sure what input he had in this. Expected better from Eli Roth though, normally quite enjoy his films.

The Impossible is probably the most distressing films I've ever watched. First 30 mins were ****** terrifying. It's shame they didn't really build on the characters at all though.

Seen two girls one cup? ;)

Watched a film called Intruders the other night. Never heard of it before. Kind of weird... Spanish kid writes story about a guy/spirit/monster/boogeyman kind of thing that has no face and wants to take childrens faces and things start happening to the child. Then later in Britain a girl finds the story and things start happening to her. 6/10 at a push

Here comes the Boom: 7.1/10: Fun movie with Kevin James who I quite like..

The Inbetweeners: 9/10: I honestly think that the series is my favourite of all time, better than Scrubs.. The movie (as I had finished watching all the series last week at once) was a great send off.. as well as making me feel sad about the fact it was finished for good.. (I know the movie was not fantastic, it was exactly and more than what I had expected)

Gangster Squad:
6.8/10: Good cast, good acting, the story was a bit bland, it could have been made better in my opinion

The Words: 6.6/10: I enjoy Bradley Cooper, besides Limitless which was one of the blandest movies I have seen in years, so monotone.. that could have been a good movie.. Anyway, this was good, well acted a clever plot

Read the book of Limitless if you can Neil, much better than the film (and fairly different too!)

Read the book of Limitless if you can Neil, much better than the film (and fairly different too!)

I think I might Joe, busy with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" the translated one of course..

The only problem is sometimes the translation equates into poor English and irritates me lol :p I am quite an old man sometimes...

I think I might Joe, busy with "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" the translated one of course..

The only problem is sometimes the translation equates into poor English and irritates me lol :p I am quite an old man sometimes...

Haha I can see why it would annoy! I've not read that, or seen the film. The book any good? Definitely check out limitless book though, although I thought the film was decent, the book is 100x better!

Watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol last night. Standard action film. Nothing really unique about it. Not bad, but not good. Fairly forgettable movie. 4/10

Haha I can see why it would annoy! I've not read that, or seen the film. The book any good? Definitely check out limitless book though, although I thought the film was decent, the book is 100x better!

I watched the Daniel Craig movie last year and thought it was very good! I have only just started the book though.. but it is a good read so far.. just been a bit tired at nights and don't read that much at the moment..

Oh, I also watched 'Les Miserables' on Sunday. Thought the first half was ok, second half was way too slow and fairly boring. Too many slow songs for my liking. Likable cast though. :) 6/10

Oh, I also watched 'Les Miserables' on Sunday. Thought the first half was ok, second half was way too slow and fairly boring. Too many slow songs for my liking. Likable cast though. :) 6/10

one movie I would love to have watched but will not, ever! great cast though

THE HOBBIT: Speaking as somebody who has never watched The Lord Of The Rings trilogy i thought id give this a go and i have to say i totally enjoyed it. Great story, great humor and great action with spectacular scenery. Will definitely be watching Lord of the Rings trilogy now. 10/10

ZERO DARK THIRTY:
Really engrossing and tense film and also rather disturbing in places. This film had me glued to the screen for the full duration. [FONT=arial, sans-serif] Kathryn Bigelow did well in making this film realistic rather than give it the usual Hollywood pro American bull ****. I did feel some of the dialog was a bit dodgy though "Me? im the ************ who found him!" Made me cringe. All in all though top film. 9/10[/FONT]

Last edited:
Not seen it but i heard its no Goodfella's. More like a modern day Bugsy Malone :S

Surprisingly I heard the same about it, but I'm so into any movie like that I'm definitely going to see it.

It's no Godfather don't get me wrong :p

Just watched The Damned United. For me its up there for the best football related movie, really enjoyed it!

50/50: Starring the likeable Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Adam) and the hilarious Seth Rogen (Kyle), great movie. With quotes like this...

Kyle: You could have totally ****** the **** out of that girl.
Adam: No one wants to **** me. I look like Voldemort.

and

Kyle: She doesn't blow you?Adam: ...She doesn't like to.
Kyle: Of course she doesn't like to. No one likes putting a **** in their mouth.

You really can't go wrong. 9.5/10

Pitch Perfect - Great movie and all theyre great singers but alot of scenes are so corny .

Life of Pi - Must be one of the greatest movies I have ever seen great movie .

Just seen Hugo, I've got to say "WHAT A FILM", some of Scorsese's best work, it just typifies his style even down to the music...
I loved it...
Definitely recommend for any film buff

────────────────────░███░
───────────────────░█░░░█░
──────────────────░█░░░░░█░
─────────────────░█░░░░░█░
──────────░░░───░█░░░░░░█░
─────────░███░──░█░░░░░█░
───────░██░░░██░█░░░░░█░
──────░█░░█░░░░██░░░░░█░
────░██░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░
───░█░░░█░░░░░░░██░░░█░