FM 2011 improvements

• Thread starter Thread starter WiganAth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 692
  • Views Views 260K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the finaces are quite odd sometimes, I joined Newcastle in like 2021 and they gave me a £10,000,000 transfer budget and around 400k spare wage budget, i looked at the information and the finances part said "Insecure" so i then read the finance page and said we were on -£12,000,000. That really confused me, why would i get so much money to waste if i'm already in so much debt?

i think they need to take some ideas fifa manager 10. like the whole sponsership thing. and i think a manager should further be able to get better things for a club.e.g: if a manager who is an ex international footballer goes to a bsp club. there will be more members, better sponsership deals. i also think press conferances needs a big shakeup

I'd like to be able to start the game as Reserves or Youth Team manager. They have the leagues on there so why not?

how about sigames bring out some classic games. like the 85-86 season. lineker,maradona,careca,et al ?or maybe early 90's. kluivert,romario,stoichkov, etc.i know it would be a lot of work,but definately different.there are some more mature game players out there who still remenisce about the old days !

press conferences definitely needs improving. i would also like to see new kits etc.
and, i know it sounds a bit negative, but i would be cool if some disasters occured once in a while (eg team bus crashes, player deaths)

press conferences definitely needs improving. i would also like to see new kits etc.
and, i know it sounds a bit negative, but i would be cool if some disasters occured once in a while (eg team bus crashes, player deaths)

A bit negative? Try very mate. :P

But I can understand what your trying to say.

my top addition to FM11 would defo be the champ manager style, 'continue until next response' if you right click continue. it would save hours of haplessly hitting the space bar lol but apart from that i have to agree with the people that would like to see a use for your wages, completely useless at the moment just eats into your wage budget, im on £90k pw at Barce and £24k pw over budget and theyve just offered me a new contract worth £150k pw. If it means i dont see the dreaded red numbers signifying 'over budget' ill work for free

Yeah I agree with a lot of what you have said. Some of the features are already on the game though. You just have to know how to use them. Am I the only one who realises this??? Well playing on 3d mode you can see the players who are about to come on and sometimes i Believe my assistant or something tells players to start doing warm ups cause he feels they have to come on. Its usually subs who will make a difference so I usually end up using them. Check it when you're playing next time and try it. works well for me. also i would like better interviews..they get very annoying after a while, and yes the spending your wages thing and I agree with the better stadium features. Making stadiums 3d also. it adds an extra feel to the game. Hope the makers are reading this

Improvements

Here is my take:

1. More options in board interactions such as BUILD A NEW STADIUM!!! (8 seasons with marbella, won two leagues, various Champions & Europa league appearances and a Copa del Rey and we're still with a 9000 seat stadium -.-)
- Also Buy a new stadium (if you share a city with other teams, and they've built a new stadium you should have the option to buy out their old one
- request specific players. Say your transfer budget is x and if you request for more the board wont give it to you. But if say (for argument's sake) I want to sign a Leo Messi type player and I'm just under the budget, and I state he is essential to the season goals then perhaps the board will make an exception
- Setting up a B or even a C squad. bringing up a lower teamis something most of us love to do. But its filled with frustrations such as not having a B or C team which can get annoying when your team grows as you can use it for extra income from the leagues they play aswell as an intermediary for players who you want to keep but arent quite ready to make the jump from under 18/19 to first team squad
- and of course beeing able to register them! I'm playing marbella which does have a B team. I've made it all the way to la Liga primera and I want to register the B squad for some of the younger players to continue playing in and there is no option to do so. Very frustrating. Especially since my loan clubs are too low and the players dont want to go season after season.

2. I love the idea of using money for stadium expansions and things like premium box office seats, however there should be a seperate budget sectioned by the board for this

HOWEVER

3. Deff want to see something done with those ****** salaries. Some of you are complaining about whats the point of owning shares in a club or owning it, or joining the board of directors. Doesnt mean you have to stop being the manager (in game) but by reaching such a point it should open up more options. Such as you wouldnt have a boss to accept overly high offers for players you really just do not want to let go (or if you are part of the board you can dispute it). also If you're on the board, or own the club then things such as stadium improvements come from your own pocket as being the board you set aside how much you want to spend on it.

Also more control over finances, such as how much of transfer income goes into your pocket for other club expenses. And lastly the option of getting a loan for things such as building a stadium or a massive signing spree (Like R.Madrid did this season).

Mind you these extra options dont have to be ground breaking and many of them wouldnt take long to add into the game, and its all optional. Those players that dont want to be part of the board dont have to buy in, and those that do well can :). At the very least it can serve the same purpose as gamer points on the xbox. A sense of achievement. But I certainly like the idea of reaching a point where you dont have to request things from the board, you can just do it! because you are the board

I reckon thats my rant, aside from the usual, transfers and etc :)

One thing i would like to see:

When you are managing an international team, and you want a player to learn a new position, you should be able to ask the manager of the club he's at, for example.

You are managing England, player Tom Smith (Random Name) is playing for England and Arsenal, lets say he is a CB and you want him to learn to become a LB. You can ask Arsenal Manager to please train Tom Smith to become a left back, then Arsenal can Accept or Decline.

I think this would be nice to add, as whenever I am managing international I always want to retrain players, but can not, so always something I would like to see.

Well...

To change at least every youth players PA from (ex.) 188 to -10 so that every game would be a little different that not everybody would at the start immediately buy Verratti & co.

Maybe to add more off those 'negative' PA's so that every single player could be set in both CA and PA to a 'negative' what ever it's called...

So many good idea's, but we should keep them you as the manager related.

1. squad, bonding to improve relations like go away before big games (Cup Finals etc) have a choice to go, go karting, golf, skiing, piant ball, etc.

2. Some after match interviews with players, not every match.

3. New players also present at press conference to answer Press questions.

4. Choose your new kit designs, or Away and 3rd kit colors.

5. Return the team talk button, just before the game kicks-off, sometime i do forget, was okay in 10.2, but 10.3 changed it?

6. I do agree, getting bored seeing the same in match comments from like fm 07.

7. Not a notepad for notes, need like a laptop. should be able to just click tabs injuries, absentee's, etc

8. More data from scouting your opponent , ie last time we played that team, these changes has been maded to their team, personnel, formation,players,pitch, etc

9.The screen were it shows pre match analysis, ie the team, has advantage in dribbling, height, or disadvantage, should have also numbers percentage. Should show a whole lot more stats of both teams line up.

10. Yellow cards for pulling shirt over head, on goal celebration. (if its in the game already i've aint seen it yet)

11. Ramdom players out drinking, clubbing, bring the club into disrepute, odd acts of volients on & off the pitch. but should be very rare indeed these incidents.

Last edited:
i want them to do away with the numerical limits on staff. that really annoys me, and i know people who wont play FM10 cos of it, it really ticks me off!

be nice if when there is 10mil in your bank, but you have used your wage and transfer budget, you can get to some of that ten mil that is still there. sometimes i end up really stuck and just freeing up 1 million would be real helpful, maybe an in-club cash loan system thing?

and a bit more randomness in the transfer market. you can predict who will buy who a lot of the time, wears a little thin lol

apart from these minor things, i love FM10, and hope theres nothing too radical changes about it. i want it to stay as football manager :)

I believe there should be advice on what duty you should play your players in alongside the postion
e.g. you assistant manager believes you should put Messi as a inside winger or something along them lines.

If i remember correctly, in one of the old FM's. Well it may have been FM.
You were able to expand/change your stands of your stadium,
you could see a 3d model, and you were able to change the design of each stand, where you could pick 1 tier, 2 tier and 3 tier stands

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

my mistake, it was on LMA manager for the PS2

Nothing like being a chairman, building your own stadium or anything to do with FIFA Manager please SI. :wub:

Though, it has been said many times: If I have earned £20M with a team over the years I would like the option to put that money into the club or transfer budget. It really frustrates me when it is sitting there and the club is £5M in debt as it is going to no use whatsoever. I don't want to buy my own house or a dog and have three kids, I'd like to play football and use ALL the money that is available to me. Is that too much to ask SI? :P

The other thing is press conferences. Someone at SI thought they'd had a bright idea when they came up with them but we all know what a joke they are. If I am asked whether I want to buy say, Messi one week and I say no, why do they think I have changed my mind the next 4 weeks in a row. I am tempted to just buy him to shut them up! XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back