FM 2011 improvements

• Thread starter Thread starter WiganAth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 692
  • Views Views 260K
Status
Not open for further replies.
The other thing is press conferences. Someone at SI thought they'd had a bright idea when they came up with them but we all know what a joke they are. If I am asked whether I want to buy say, Messi one week and I say no, why do they think I have changed my mind the next 4 weeks in a row. I am tempted to just buy him to shut them up! XD
Although press conferences are optional, not mandatory.

Yes, but if they are going to have them there, surely they'd like to know that they are a good addition to Football Manager?

Yes, but if they are going to have them there, surely they'd like to know that they are a good addition to Football Manager?
If they made you do them, you would never want to play the game, hence why you don't have to do them.

They are a good addition, because they are realistic. Although some of the questions are ****, and need to be updated when updates come out

players agents more involved in transfers and make transfers more realistic

They are a good addition, because they are realistic. Although some of the questions are ****, and need to be updated when updates come out.

I agree that having Press Conferences there are a good idea, but as you said, only if the questions are good, which they aren't.

I agree that having Press Conferences there are a good idea, but as you said, only if the questions are good, which they aren't.
I believe there is a way to create questions yourself, although I can't remember how :(

I think someone was working on something so if that comes out I will definitely be downloading that. :) I do however, like the fact you can add your 'own little comment' at the bottom. :) (Oh and Max, your Portsmouth thing in your signature made me lol quite a bit. :P)

i would like to be after a long managment arer be an asistant manager
i would like to see me in the bench for the matches too.
i would like that in the data editor you can add more than 1 country(or they will be automatically there)

I think someone was working on something so if that comes out I will definitely be downloading that. :) I do however, like the fact you can add your 'own little comment' at the bottom. :) (Oh and Max, your Portsmouth thing in your signature made me lol quite a bit. :P)
Yeah someone was working on it but never finished it I don't think, although there are probably some on other websites to download :)

And glad you like the sig ;)

i would like to be after a long managment arer be an asistant manager
i would like to see me in the bench for the matches too.
i would like that in the data editor you can add more than 1 country(or they will be automatically there)

I love that idea. Do a bit of O'Neill dramatics. :P :D

I would like to see 3D training but wouldn't you get bored? They would end up being repetitive like the press conferences. After the initial excitement, they would become an annoyance. I would like to see an improved transfer system which enables me to buy a player and loan him back to the club for a season. This would be helpful for youth players who won't get an appearance at your club. Obviously, I would like to see a more realistic transfer system as well. But, I can't complain.

You can offer for a player, you can select Transfer Date: End of Season instead of Next Available.

i would like to see the minimum age drop from 14 to something of like 12 or 13 so that i can scout kids and bring them to my acedemy and have more than a Reserve and U18 go down to U15, U16, U13 and so on

it would be so much better and i would like to see the media questions being sorted aswell becaus ei alwas get my assistant manager to sort that **** out, and i would like to see when you click arsene wngers profile and it has all his stat categories for example under the coaching stats it has " Attacking, Defending, fitness, Goalkeepers, Man Management, Tactical etc.. i think the human manager should be able to gain these stats
And Adaptability. what im trying to say is every stat a non human manager has i think a human manager should ALSO get these stats...

Tell me what you think

Not sure if these ones have been said but here's my suggestions:
- National Team managers actually getting paid. Like IRL Pim Verbeek gets about 1.8m (AUD) a year and in the game i get nothing, not very realistic
- It would be cool if the longer you stay at a club and the better you did you became like an icon/ legend. And then the board involves you more and more with decision making eg how much to invest in stadium expansion, facilities upgrades
- When negotiating a contract, being able to include bonuses for winning certain comps
- Being able to choose between sponsors (again this is something the board could do until you get more repsect at your club)
- If you have a B team in the way real madrid have castilla, you should be able to control staff signings (including choosing a manager), ask for facilites upgrades, tactics, training, etc like it was ACTUALLY your B team and not just somewhere you send players on loan. Maybe you could even buy into that club youself and sit on the board.

- And being able to go on training camps in pre-season. Having a choice between a bunch of different places that have different advantages, costs, ect. I think it would make sense for places like Australia since pre-season is in winter if you went to somewhere it is summer. And pre-season training should have a profound affect on stamina and recovery time during the season

- Maybe being able to SIGN more than one asst manager with one prominent AM and one or two others.
- When you sign a foreign player being able to ask one of your other players to help him settle in to life in a new country
- If you sign alot of young players who develop while in your team, you could get a reputation as a manger who is good at helping young players reach their potential ie Arsene Wenger. This would mean young players are more likely to sign for you

- Just a small one for tactics to be able to tell your players not shoot on their weak foot from outside the box. It happens soooo much in the game and every last time the ball floats over the bar (sometimes not by alot but it always goes over)

Last edited:
I think the idea about 3d stadium expansion is from the old LMA Manager? Would be a good idea to get more options about stadiums IMO.

Not sure if this has already been said but what about increased set piece detail like on Fifa10? Instead of just "near post" etc, actually having a detailed set of players starting in exact positions and designing curving runs etc for those of you who have not seen it.

When the rival makes subs during half time pause, to have the text line telling it like it does when in mid of a half.

I would like their to be interim managers, have meetings with the board discussing transfers, the team and all the other stuff related to the club. You should be involved in everything related to a transfer such as discussing with the player with the contract. There should also be profiles to the players such as cars they own and property portfolio. There should also get a license for the Germany team. When you are managing a National Team, your assistant should recommend you players to pick. There should be a list of players who are playing well and a list of players who are not playing well. When it shows your opponent and who's players are unavailable and injured, it should show the manager, a report of their recent run of form and any players they have signed recently. When clubs go into administration, there should be a wage deferal what southampton have had to do. Also your scouts should recommend you which players are good enough to buy within your budget and also before a game starts, it should show a picture of the stadium. Also Hull City's Stadium Name needs to be changed because it is called the circle instead of The KC Stadium. Also when you go into administration, it should show who the administrators are. My other ideas are: better 3d view, Trophy Room, better manager interaction,more room for extra comments in press conferences,completely realistic transfers,the chairman should hire a sporting director who should take care of your transfers and recommend you players i.e Dennis Wise, there should be more research on the youth teams and the younger players in the lower leagues and you should be able to win red card appeals+ you should be allocated a transfer budget for January.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

also when you are managing a club, you should earn the money from the contract which you can then start your own football club with

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

liquidated clubs

I know its not nice to see a club being liquidated/wound up but it adds more value to the game

This is offtopic

The title is FM2011 improvements. This is an incorrect title because it suggests that FM2011 has already come out :S

1.You should be able to manage clubs reserve and youtrh squads

2.And something I dont think I've seen someone include is that the game should include a scenario mode with challenges like the 80m challenge posted on this site amongst others built into the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back