FM 2011 improvements

• Thread starter Thread starter WiganAth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 692
  • Views Views 260K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see if, let's say during cup competition i.e. League Cup, we assemble a rather 2nd string or the youths, the game would recognize or identify this. Somehow, this have not been a featured yet from any Football Manager series up until now...

It would be cool if you could tell a player to do some warmups on the side of the pitch before you actually bring him on would make the game more realistic.

Not sure how well these improvements will go down lol

1) Off the pitch events i,e like bad press John Terry f***ing any bird he wants or good press like players going to community activities...
2) A more realistic in match sound, the current one is **** annoying
3) A built in create-a-club and create-a-player
4) Possibly make the premier league more realistic with Club logos and facepacks !
5) "Trophy Cabinet" - Displays all the trophies/awards you have won in your Career and in previous clubs
6) On derby day - Pitch Invasions - Random idea just would be fun to see :)
7) More Team Talk options
8) More options in press conferences

Last edited:
I have some ideas:
1. Allowing a player/manager mode.
2. Personally creating your own tactic/set pieces, so able drag play around, and allow them make runs or passes then see how they work.
3. Buy out a club.
4. Able to buy/do stuff with money, like investing money to club, buying part of the club, buying a house or cars.
5. Having a family life on the game. And have that intruding and the press bugging about family problems.
6. Women League, so you can be in charge of woman clubs.
7. Be a coach, scout and etc. So you can you way to the top.
8. Be able manage as 14 year old instead choosing as 14 year old then finding out they made a 33 year old.
9. Proper Youth and Reserves leagues.
10. Trophy celebration at the end of the game if you won the cup/league
11. Investing money into area of club to improve, like putting money to youth to find better youth players, or improve scouting for a more worldwide spread.
12. More interaction with the chairman.
13. Improving and able to buy a wide range of facilities like Shops and etc.
14. Training camps
15. Youth Camps, to get exotic players from around the world

Thats all my ideas :P

Last edited:
i like the idea of the one on one chats :) what annoys me most is the player discipline part were u only get certain times were u can fine them etc, they need to bring in the old ways. plus i think administration in clubs should be more real as sometimes i see clubs in millions of debt and not in admin :/

Setting up youth academies around world
More In-game instr., such as play ball on ground etc

Stadiums on Classic 2D and fans in the stadiums for regular 2D, would look better than empty stands IMO

there are too many things that need to improve but the game will never be perfect as we will always want more although i would like to see
1. more depth in the press conferences, it would be cool if they could scrap the multiple choice answers and make the game smart enough to understand answers that you type in but it will never happen.
2. we need to be able to spend the money we earn, whats the point in negotiations if we cant do anything with the money.
3. contracts for national teams, we are currently managing countries for free so i think we should get a contract and a wage.
4.it would be interesting to see players have personal issues like some of you have mentioned already but it cant happen, there are too many legal issues involved
5. transfer budgets need to be more realistic. some teams need to have larger transfer budgets
6. more kits, badges and faces would be nice but it would cost money for the rights to them which would increase the games price so maybe we are better off with making them ourselves
7. i think its about time FM moved onto the PS3 and return to XBOX 360. think of what the game could achieve on a major console and it would provide good competition for the return of LMA Manager in 2011

we all expect big changes every year and it turns out there isn`t really any changes, and when they do make changes (3D system) i personally don`t use it i use 2D classic.

so if there were the interactions in 3D would people use it ?
would it slow down there computers?

and to be honest i don`t really see any problem with fm 2010.

On split view on a match day it would be nice if you an select anything on the other side of the pitch. Like browse the news, view players while playing the match.

- Being able to take over as Youth/Reserve team manager at clubs, and U21 and U19 manager at international level without having to be the senior team manager as well.
- More interaction with chairman, could take the form of a 'monthly meeting' when the board ask questions about progression, aims and player performances etc.

I like the idea of being able to set up youth academies around the world as well. Apart from that, nothing else really springs to mind!

I Think Your manager history should be saved I.e Like if you won fa cup with arsenal in one game that gets saved and say if you start a new game it saves your history from the previous games so like you have trophies to your name when you start a new game with a new team

time for more really realistic game engine...and really annoying behaviour from defenders and forwards, one cant mark the other cant scores, especially when you know, you could do better on your own than the "drogba or messi" you have on your team...

Two small improvements, some may not like them, but they should be done to make the game more realistic in my eyes.

1. "Your teams transfer budget for the first season is £2.5M, your balance sticks to the same the whole season, and suddenly you get £25M in transfer budget when you choose your season expectations for the second season".

This is NOT realistic, if team have had the same transfer budget in FM08, FM09 & FM10, why would it suddenly raise that much when it hasen't done it earlier either?!

"You are West Brom, first season when your searching through the players with assitant manager filter on, you're happy if you find Lee Cook on that list, then you play the first season finish 13th, and do the same player search again, and suddenly you find Cesc Fabregas name there".

Seriously, what the **** is that? It just simply isn't possible! West Brom should win the EPL three times in a row and be once in the CL final before Cesc would even be interested! So what I mean is that either clubs reputation grows to quickly or then players demands lowers too fast. Should take longer to attrack players, especially high calibre ones.

1. Be able to buy a club with your earnings.
2. More hidden stats like 'diving frequency' and 'tutoring ability'
3. When you get offered a new contract, you should be able to get team naming rights, full transfer rights etc.
4. make it on PS3 and xBox

youth camps, an amazing idea, also though id like to see them add personal lives, its more realistic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back