Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably make it more realistic would be #1
Im Burnley.
1st Season = 3mil
2nd Season = 25mil
3rd Season = 20mil

1st - 4th Season = Top 10 finish.
5th Season = Won League Cup, qualified for Europe. Got to knockout stages.
6th Season = Top 10 in Premier League + Doing well in all cups but everybody wants to leave... We're "Underachieveing" apparently. Really the games just asking too much of a small club on a small budget...

I'd like to see League reformation at some point in the game. For example, if i loaded say 10 different countries leagues in the game and got to season 2100-2101, it's unlikely tha the league setup in those countries will be EXACTLY the same as they were 100 years beforehand?

realistic transfers, on 2010 you always have to bid higher

able to watch training to tell who has done well in training

i have a few idea's sorry if anyone else mention only read a few posts but perhaps more realistic stadiums like there all the same and it tends to get boring, Get porposals to witch kit you want to use for the season like in real life theres a new kit every season so why not in fm, Inject your own savings into the club to buy players or save the club from debt, Be able to watch training but not everyday (well be able to but i doubt everyone would) or perhaps take part in training activites, get to build a relationship with your players e.g have meals and go out on events like celeabrating if you just won the leauge/cup. I know its quite a few but if they included one of these i'd be happy if they included all i'd be impressed(i doubt they will though).

People need to stop suggesting kits changing every year and having the real stadiums
They kits will never happen as SI need to buy the rights to the kits, that is why the likes of the Premier League dot have badges and kits. The same goes for the stadiums, right now EA and Konami own the rights to certain stadiums and SI cant afford to start bidding against and alot of computers wouldnt be able to handle them anyway so dont expect to see Old Trafford or Nou Camp anytime soon.

if they can just make the press conferences more realistic and less repetitive then that would be great. Im fed up of being asked after a game if im interested in a player ive never heard of and then seeing in the news section that the transfer rumour was the main headline instead of what i thought of the game

Did I mention that the scouts for next assignment know and use the tactic naming convention right?.

Since FM09 I'm kind of sick of my scout telling me "they use formation X" and then finding they're using any formation except what is named X. The only formation that they name right is 4-4-2, with only a 2% of times when they're a 4-2-2-2 made from turning the 4-4-2's MCs into DMCs.

The DR-DC-DC-DR;DMC;MC-MC;AML-AMR;ST formation that in FM09 and FM10 is called 4-3-3 in the tactic creation process, is what in FM09 I found 70% of times I was told to expect a 4-5-1 and in FM09 80% of times when I'm told to expect a 4-1-4-1.

When I'm told to expect a 4-4-1-1 it can well be a 4-2-3-1.

A 4-5-1 can be the V shaped that is named 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 in any combination of deep-shallow (DMCs or MCs) and wide or thin (AML-AMC-AMR or 3xAMC) but never a 4-5-1 yet.

I've lost a lot of decisive matches because I prepared for the announced formation only to find one that has nothing to do with the really used, and it is neither a case of the opponent pulling a surprise tactic or cases of scouting doing it wrong and telling me the wrong tactic, but clearly the scouting using a wrong tactic naming convention.

Aren't scouts for next opposition supossed to know something about tactic naming?.

Id like to see the idea of face to face interaction with the players/staff
E.G when signing a player or staff, meeting up with him in a restaurant or in your office and convinving them why to join or sign a new contract.
Meeting with players to disucuss persoanl issues, explaining whether they have futures at the club etc.
Meeting with the chairman and other board members to discuss transfer money/wages etc. Emergency meetings when being sacked or being warned.
Actually being in their in person at the press conference's (would make it more enjoyable)

Last edited:
Similar to what someone said above to be able to become assistant manager or even youth team coach.

This would be especially good to start a career, rather than jumping straight into management of a first team you could mould your career around managing the reserves or the under 18's. If the manager of your club is sacked you could become caretaker, giving an opportunity to get good results and be offered your first "top" job or you simply dominate the reserve/youth league for a couple of years and are offered a lower league position. Gives more realism I think.

I too agree with that. Many managers have worked as Assistants or Coaches.
You should be able to apply for assistant manager vacancies or even youth coach.
While at that post.. you should be able to handle all reserve games / youth games.

You should be able suggest some formations or some good player to promote to first team manager.
Also you should suggest some new signing.
You should give suggestions on opposite teams.

Also during this time you should be able to do the coaching and increase your coaching attributes like there are for real life managers in FM.

i like the ideas . i think that you should beable to have a private life , like on one of the total club managers i think .. and when you sign a player make it more realistic instead of a deal and wages , you should have problems with settling in and there private life problem that should be included which may make them play better or worse and maybe even bad press just to make it that extra bit more realistic, and also i think everyone realises just how boring the press conferences are getting now

Besides the things under qotes below, I would also like to have the option of chosing only players that are 180cm tall or taller to take part of the corner kicks (defense or ofense), or players with a heading attribute greater de 15, or something like that.

Also, in the "Touchline Instructions" is missing the option to double team, or having someone as backup when someone is going for a tackle.

I'm sure I'll think of more ideas before the game is on the market.

I would like to see:

- an improvment of AI - could always use improvment

- a detailed "Create a stadium" where you can chose the fabrics, shapes, etc.

- all new camera view: manager view camera, like you would be in the dugout or something. I think it would make it more realistic.

- YELLOW CARD for simulation of foul

- 3D training i think would be a little boring, so i would just introduce a simulation of training. If that gets boring too then we would ask the the assistent manager to control most of the training sessions, while the manager would focus on other things, like working with a specific player or a small group of players.

- also in training: creating a weekly schedule. Perhaps multiple training sessions a day, and controling what the players would be working on in training. Like 30 minutes cardio, 45 minutes passing drill, worm up, cool down, etc. I'm sure the guys at S.I. are creative.

- more player/chairman/assistent manager iteractions. Actually having the possibility of having a dialog with them.

- more questions in the Press Conferences, but limiting the number of questions to 4 or 5 max. per conference, therefore they wouldn't ask the same old boring questions every time. I would add about 50 new questions which would be asked randomly every conference.

I think there were more things that i wanted but i forgot...
PS: The "hands on training" option would slow down the game speed making it more realistic. My opinion.

i would like if you could start as a backroom member and also if you could hold player meetings to find out transfer news being leaked

might sound silly but to have real faces on the regens, get 100,000 random photos of faces and use them. The chances of you finding the same face would be slim and act a lot more realism into them.

i would like if you could start as a backroom member and also if you could hold player meetings to find out transfer news being leaked
No offence mate but that is a terrible idea that would be unbelievably boring (backroomstalf bit)

Last edited:

thats a good idea mate, just even general player meetings, backroom staff idea not so much though

they could also maybe have a scene if your team wins the league or cup, just showing them lifting it

RE:Improvements for FM11

I have a couple of suggestions on how the game could be improved. I think the whole point of the game is to win things, get promoted etc so the manager profile should be updated a little. At the moment there is no real record of your achievements, there is just your profile, information and history screens. I think this could all be updated and replaced with maybe a Manager CV screen where you could add and build to it instead of the history screen which just has screeds of when you got knocked out of cup competitions.
With a manager CV you add things like:
Promotions with small budget clubs via playoffs
Whether you complete the seasons ambitions such as saving your club from relegation
Getting to a cup final with a small rep team
Sustaining the proud tradition of a big name club
final league positions and season reviews
what you stated you would do with the club and whether you actually delivered
relegations (at the minute the information screen only really states No of cup, league wins but no mention of playoff wins, promotions, relegations..these things are just listed in screeds on the history page)
players who got their first cap under your management
your financial control of the club

You could then submit your CV when you were looking for a job with a bigger club. The CV would also be lnked to your profile stats and standing within the game (your national, international reputation etc). Maybe with your cash you could also take some UEFA Coaching badges or something like that to add to your CV or maybe that's getting a little too indepth. But I think the game pretty much works just needs a little more emphasis on your achievements within the game (for me anyway).

Last edited:
Pretty good idea i would also like it if you could try and convince the board to adjust transfer/wage budgets for one specific player

They should just leave Man U off of it all together. Would make it a much better game.

Status
Not open for further replies.