FM 2011 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
-For me better training / stadium facilities. To be able to see them etc...setup sponsors better like offers from them instead of renewals. ( Basically like LMA manager as they had it spot on )
-Transfer system on FM 2010 is by far the worst I ever played through the years. Players are massively over priced. With this i feel the players should have more influence if they want to move making the prices drop for them ( also known as tapping up etc..)
-Players should come to you about things they want to do not just I want a transfer. Player loyalties should count more therefor creating a better transfer market. Loyalty Vs Market price= Final buyable price----
with this you should be able to see the sale price instead of tedious bids of inceasing amounts to make sure you can get them at the right price. Bidding is frustrating on FM10.
-I also hate the fact they always put the ancient players with the best possible potential growth charts which is stupid as hey have reach there potential and will only get worse in time. Example is pie eating genious Ronaldo who still has 195 potential...no need as he is 32 on the downward slippy slop which would clear up spaces for yongsters etc...
-Coaching needs sorting as its to complicated with staff stats. They should have rating bar out of 10 for one coach role....i.e say maldini a new coach should have a rating of 9/10 for coaching defenders. the rest of the stats aren't needed and would clear up loads of faffing with the training programmes.
-Players should have better training developement ratings on certain aspects not just general development.
-General improvement on the match 3d....Feeder clubs seem pointless at the mo they should have random players to try out of which maybe a good player comes through.
-Board rooms seem pointless to me they should get rid of that and have the freedom to upgrade etc.. when we want as we are more than capable of deciding things ourselfs...
-Shareholders should suggest players or things they would like to see to improve relationships and a general rating for fan support/ director support/ shareholders out of 100%

Last edited:
Also, Messi's PA should be 200 as it annoys me how some regens and youth players become better then him :S

Also, Messi's PA should be 200 as it annoys me how some regens and youth players become better then him :S

but the the future best player could be the best we will ever see???

Add wide style for individual players in the shot out menu, under change player role.

Maybe an option to drift to position X in attack?

ther is a width style. in player instructions you cant edit their wideplay

4 bad games, a bad player, that does not make.

yes yoda

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

i'd like them to focus less on the appearance, as i already think the stadium and pitch looks fine. i would like more interaction with players. like when they say something, you can very rarely say something back. the only time, that comes to mind right now, that i can reply is when they plea for first team football, or occassionally when i tell them to stay at the club so we can match the players ambitions etc. i hope you see what im saying? also staff members. them telling us what they think about the club isn't very much interaction

easier installation

Hi.

i'm no noob to computers or fm, I've bought every version of fm to date and all work perfect. but fm2010 had installation issues with vista. for some reason i always had errors. this was the same on all 3 of my computers. so i installed the good old trusted xp sp3 and installed and worked perfectly. maybe a better support for operating systems. and let me say my pc specs were all fully capable of running fm2010 all dual core or quad core cpus and with 512mb or 1gb gfx cards.

maybe its just me who had this issue on here,but a friend of mine also on vista also had this issue. i ended up selling my copy of fm2010 and playin cm2010.

as for what can we expect for fm2011 - id say to be able to put a player anywhere on the pitch in any position would be a good idea. 3d training. have feeder clubs to send your young players out to gain experience and match fitness. im sure there will be loadsa other ideas.

Last edited:
I think liquidations and clubs being dropped loads of divisions like in real life should be introduced because it is a more common part of our game nowadays

Possibly tell players where to place/blast penaltys, also where u want your keeper to dive for them

Add wide style for individual players in the shot out menu, under change player role.

Maybe an option to drift to position X in attack?

I see what you mean, i think, there is already sort of this, in the "wide play" option, but i agree it would be good to tell for example, Steven Gerrard to play a a little narrower/wider not just 'cut inside' (i.e. off the ball...?).

One thing i've just thought of is the option of having training camps in other countries, for example an Arsenal one in France! (6):p;) whereby the best French talent could come through almost as if a "new intake of youth players" into the U18 squads. I also would like to see the option of signing a young talent but being able to have them stay at the club, gaining first team experience until say the next season, or two seasons time. I know that when you actually agree a fee with a club for a player who is under a professional contract you can choose to sign a player at the end of the season, but when for example, i buy a young French player for my Arsenal side - 14 or 15 or however old - they have to just sit it out in my U18s until they're 17 and can sign a professional contract and go on loan somewhere. I think someone has already said that but yeah.. i'm saying it again - i'd be surprised if SI looked at this though so it's probably all in vain!

Also - will be interested to see how they deal with Vermaelen, who they can't have known much about as a random CB at Ajax... It's very difficult on FM10 to get him to do what he does in real life!

Last edited:
there should be more focus on the world cup imo. In my save england won the world cup and i didn't realise till november :S I definately agree with more player/board room interaction

One of the best would be a player base that 99%, when losing games, seeing their team have tough time scoring and torn open with relative ease, thought "What am I doing wrong? What is failing in my tactics?", rather than rush to FM forums to ragepost "WTF?!, Supergoalie! FM cheater!. SI short it out!111!shift_one". Same when they have 21 shots, 0 goals and the oposition has 3 shots, 2 goals. It's tactics done wrong, damnit. If you do them right, you may even go to find it's the other way around. I could have a gigabyte (okay, 100MB in jpg) of screenshots in which with three shots at goal I've beaten a superior team that had 25 shots. It's called counterattacking or defensive style, let them have it, pile players behind the ball and try to make fast runs at them. Sheeeesssh. (And don't forget the many good attacks that are broken up by a last moment tackle that won't appear as shots).

A wage increase for the programmers. They seem to be the only who work on making an efficient and clean code and improve memory performance, which in turns give them more room for the improvements. And they're awesome. First rule to play FM well: never underestimate their ability to have the game take into account every detail. Sure, there may be points to improve, things that don't quite work right yet (training, AI transfers and long term planning, seems marking according to some...) but their work is absolutely amazing, astounding, superb, incredible. Basically helping them to get raises is the main reason I'll buy FM11 instead of waiting to FM15, that's the small part I can do for that.

yea i would like to see a business aspect and commercial aspect to the game put in with the ability to play the matches like in fifa i doubt they would do it tho because they would have to start from scratch with the match engine, tho it would be great if they could do it tho.

i think there should be interviews with the players or the team. training should be more detailed and transfers be more realistic

I would like to see an overhaul of the transfer system. Maybe putting in extra clauses like a loan-back or two players exchanged on loan or even a loan exchange. As an Ipswich fan it seems like loan-backs may happen (Connor Wickham) and the Baptista-Reyes loan swap was a good deal.

Would also like the option to delay transfers for longer so as players can gain more experience. Would also be good to send a coach to your feeder team so your way of training can be continued (fair enough a way to exploit some of the training schedules on here for better players)

Last edited:
More powerful editor - so I can add new nations and make sure the winner qualify for their corresponding continental qualification.

In the player search filter, as well as searching for positions, how about searching for Player role as well. I,e : Target Man, Deep Lying forward ?

Status
Not open for further replies.