FM 2011 improvements

• Thread starter Thread starter WiganAth
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 692
  • Views Views 260K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe work in the in between players of a pass. I've not got to be taking careful notes, but I have the feeling that when A makes a pass for C and B is in the way, a good distance away, the AI checks the behavior for A sending the pass and C receiving, but does nothing with B, so B goes blindly on his path, many times being hit by the ball like he was a moving post. There seems to not be a B player AI checking to whether B will a) decide to say he's the recipient of the pass and (try to) control the ball himself b) decide to let him to C and (try to) get off the ball's way c) fail to react and get smacked by the ball. Many a time I seem to perceive the B player just going on oblivious to the ball going to him and being hit by the ball being a mere matter of speed and distance to meeting point, and if it happens B then tends to takes ages to react to the ball being now loose.

(I bet from now on I'll see the B player taking decisions. Always happens, as soon as I come and point something that seems not to work right, it starts to work right and not the behavior I was seeing. Like the keepers and the corners, after saying they do wrong, they've started to do things right and attempt to avoid conceding corners)

And no, I'm not saying it happens against me, it happens for all teams, mine and AI.

Last edited:
It's because the AI "controls" only one player a time on each sideso the actions of the rest are updated less often. Leads to a lot of even more annoying situations especially on close fought flipper battles near goals and some race situations where the AI constantly changes the player in control if you have two players nearing on the ball.

Last edited:
more flexability with transfers, contracts you could offer i.e.

pay as you play
options to release player if doesn't meet certain percentege of games (for players with history of injuries)
loan youngster back to club bought from for the season

setting players individual seasonal targets (not every player would have these, you'd just offer to your best players as incentives or players that need to prove their worth) targets could be number of league goals, assists, pass completion percentage, goals conceded, clean sheets...

on scout reports, they would advise you on what contract would probably be best given their history

when offering player contracts (be it new contracts for your team or contracts for new transfers) your assistant would advise on type of contract they think is best to offer.

staff meetings your staff could suggest some players who might benefit from having indivdual targets

on a slightly different note i would like to be able to negotiate with other club managers about becoming feeder/parent clubs. negotiate with them the terms of agrrement, should be able to choose from a list of waht is possible with their club (i.e. you couldn't send them to hearts to gain a work permit).
the current system doesn't give much freedom, even when your board offers you to choose which type of feeder to look for, if you click anything other than 'any' you very rarely get teams to choose from at all...

When subbing a drop down allowing, if wanted, to say why the player out is subbed (rest, injury fears, bad performance, chance for the other, tactical need...).

I'd like having a personal life mod, just like in Fifa Manager , where you can spend the money you have earned

I'd like having a personal life mod, just like in Fifa Manager , where you can spend the money you have earned

**** no too arcadey that would ruin football manager

Last edited:
Addition of two new stats....
Vision. Similar to creativity, but a player can have great creativity, but poor vision, and vice-versa.

Long Pass. Some players have perfect short passing, yet can't pass to a player 25 yards away. The 'Passing' stat assumes players are all as good at short passing as they are at long passes.

id like to be able to set up accademys in certain countrys so when you get an intake of youth players you wuld get youth players from that country aswell

I agree with this. I suggested it to my mate unfortunatley he doesnt work for FM) that it should show you a balance of earnings then maybe give you the chance to buy a club and be a chairman/manager then you are responsible for the clubs debts. Administration is failure. Other than that whats the point in your contract? I always take pennies when i renew my contract to keep the wage bill down.

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

i think they should make a use for your career earnings and possibly adopt a premier manager approach where you see the discussions and interactions with people. perhaps even a mode where you can buy out your club if your rich enough ???

I agree with this. I suggested it to my mate unfortunatley he doesnt work for FM) that it should show you a balance of earnings then maybe give you the chance to buy a club and be a chairman/manager then you are responsible for the clubs debts. Administration is failure. Other than that whats the point in your contract? I always take pennies when i renew my contract to keep the wage bill down.

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I would like to see a different view on coaching. Basically, instead of being the manager, it would be interesting being coach, assisatant even chairmen but it is unlikely but anyone can dream

Also, a bit ambitious but i sometimes get bored of the Pro Evolution's and the Fifa's, the CMs and FM and in my I.C.T class we are making games and for mine, i am creating a football game where you are in fact a mentor/agent to a young, aspiring footballer and you train and work your way together to make you and him top
It will take long but hopefully i can do it

what about if they gave you the option to be a young player at a club in FM. you could somehow join in the game like and play like in proevo or something. spend a wee bit of time training and see how good you get

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

In the opposition instructions screen I want to be able to set every player to tight marking and closing down rather than doing each individually which is time consuming and tedious, especially in two player mode. Have a button that says set all to....

Also need more media questions. i loved this at first but got boring now i send my assistant unless im angry with a performance and want to slate them.

If a player is upset you should be able to ask why, rather than just have to deal with it or sell him.

I loved the interface with LMA Manager on the old PS2 and I miss being able to see the stadium. FM is much better but sometimes its nice to admire your stadium or to plan how it will look?

How about adding the NEW attribute: Maturity. Most young players have a low level of maturity and tend to affect their game in a negative way. But also, there are some very mature players at very young age.

Also adding an out-of-the-field perspective. Have news about how some of your players went clubing before a match and should be punished for their behaviour. It ties a little bit to the above attribute: Maturity. It would open in some ways the perspective to the game, and that's jut one example. SI can be very creative and have other great ideas.

I would quite like to see some mass brawls thrown into the game, it would provide several seconds of entertainment (6)

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I loved the interface with LMA Manager on the old PS2 and I miss being able to see the stadium. FM is much better but sometimes its nice to admire your stadium or to plan how it will look?

i loved being able to design new stadiums, choosing the advertisements etc.
have a feeling it would kinda slow the game down a bit too much though

I would quite like to see some mass brawls thrown into the game, it would provide several seconds of entertainment (6)

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

thats actually a great idea IMO. adds authenticity. dont know if this has already been mentioned but i would like to see the kit change every year. colours/ maker etc.

i would rather see how well a player plays in a role rather than how he plays in a position.
you should be able to take back or delay tactical changes after major differences such as: goals, bookings, injuries.

Last edited:
its all very well making FM look nice and pretty, but that'll take a significant amount of effort to do, effort which could be spent improving gameplay and interface etc. i said it before, FM looks fine, the players look good enough, a fair amount of people don't watch the games, which leads me to believing it would be more beneficial for everyone if they were to focus on the interface and interacting with the game, getting more into it.

id like more depth in the dressing room, before the matches HT and after. we get a choice of, more or less, 5 lines for each player and the team, so maybe we could get some diversity. just a thought.

not for me, anyone ever play total club manager a few years back?
you had a personal life, got a girlf, lost her if you didn't spend enough time with her, could get married. could get a dog.....

all rubbish, pointless, having a dog isn't going to win me the league

i would like it if you could go on language courses so you could learn to speak different languages - i would'nt want this to come out of managers salary though. maybe have it as a board request or an option you could spend some of transfer kitty on

also i think you should be able to hire interpreters as part of coaching staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back