FM 2011 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of all the bright ideas posted around - i really think it would be helpful if you can ask a youngster to learn only a particular attribute. For ex. You know Lampard has great long shoot and Robben has great Dribbling - You will instruct your youngster to learn Dribbling from Robben and that's it. Then you move him to learn long shoot's from Lampard - Finishing from Del Piero and so on.

I think it would be a great improvement for the youth academy and even for the senior squad.

Regardless of all the bright ideas posted around - i really think it would be helpful if you can ask a youngster to learn only a particular attribute. For ex. You know Lampard has great long shoot and Robben has great Dribbling - You will instruct your youngster to learn Dribbling from Robben and that's it. Then you move him to learn long shoot's from Lampard - Finishing from Del Piero and so on.

I think it would be a great improvement for the youth academy and even for the senior squad.

Sounds good. Currently in one of my saves I have a youngster who I want to improve at passing (he's a CM) so I get him mentored by a player with high passing, but because the mentoring player has low determination the youngster's determination rating goes down.

Also I would like it if some better research was put into club finances. In the game they've given Juventus a debt of over 100mil. When in real life we are debt free and make healthy profits each year and are one of the fastest growing clubs financially in the world. Also in the game they give Juve a transfer budget of around 10mil, and that's if you say you can challenge for the title/win the league, in real life Juve have loads of transfer money. And I'm not just nitpicking about the club I support. In the game you get around 45-50mil in your first season as Man Utd boss, I don't think Fergie is currently getting that in real life is he?

Or in training have a focus on some stat of the involved in each category. In fact I'd say about this last, back to the task schedule is what I'd like. Maybe design sets of exercises.

OT:

Heh, here it's the AI who suffers the spaced updating of theorically uninvolved players mentioned in a previous post, it seems, as the goalkeeper is retreating as the cross attempt bounces off the defender and takes a lot to start moving, but Valdez, who was to be the cross' recipient, has not stopped and hence reaches the ball comfortbaly.

I got one or two suggestions but I don't remember now what they were.

Sort the match engine out so it does not succumb to the infamous 'corner bug'.

Other than that, I would like to see scouting camps or something. Maybe training camps you can set up abroad in the pre season. I would also like to see real friendlies appearing at the start of the season such as the Emirates Cup and the Amsterdam Tournament.

A bit more awareness by the press. I mean, I should have added a "you dimwits!".

It makes no sense they asking me why I dropped him if the day I had to send the squad he was reported as injured and not recovering in time for the matches and was not allowed to pick him!.

One other thing. Player potential. Quite often I find I can get reports from my coaches (with very high ratings for judging CA and PA) on my players aged say 20-23 and they will say "player X is currently near his peak" or something along those lines. How can a player younger than 26/27 already be at their peak when the game itself (via those little messages when saving or loading) says players generally peak between 27-32? It makes the game confusing as sometimes they can be right or wrong, some players they have said are at their peak have improved loads for me, while others havn't.

I also think some kind of 'late bloomer' thing should be put in for players who become prominent later on in their career. Basically it means if you have a player who in real life was a nobody until suddenly aged around 26 they explode and become a star, like Toni or Milito, then they shouldn't enjoy the normal peak years of other players. This is because late bloomers (like the name suggests) start to perform later on in their 20's and are able to carry on with that level for longer.

Another addition should be that when you are a national team manager, you should be able to hold training sessions with your team before and during major tournamens. This is quite unrealistic as this cannot be done in FM10

A bit more awareness by the press. I mean, I should have added a "you dimwits!".

It makes no sense they asking me why I dropped him if the day I had to send the squad he was reported as injured and not recovering in time for the matches and was not allowed to pick him!.

lmao i love your answer there, also i kind of dont see the point in being able to add those extra bits in your press answers as they have no effect on the game.

One other thing. Player potential. Quite often I find I can get reports from my coaches (with very high ratings for judging CA and PA) on my players aged say 20-23 and they will say "player X is currently near his peak" or something along those lines. How can a player younger than 26/27 already be at their peak when the game itself (via those little messages when saving or loading) says players generally peak between 27-32? It makes the game confusing as sometimes they can be right or wrong, some players they have said are at their peak have improved loads for me, while others havn't.

I also think some kind of 'late bloomer' thing should be put in for players who become prominent later on in their career. Basically it means if you have a player who in real life was a nobody until suddenly aged around 26 they explode and become a star, like Toni or Milito, then they shouldn't enjoy the normal peak years of other players. This is because late bloomers (like the name suggests) start to perform later on in their 20's and are able to carry on with that level for longer.
its because that player might be 4 or 5 points off his maximum pa

for example mis maxmim might be 175, but but he might be on 169-170. now he would approve according to the game, but really that chances of getting those extra are very difficult.

re the transfer think you start on that because juve spent in the summer, whereas united technically do have that money (but as shown in the game, spending it makes a makes a huge hole in your balances, hence why SAF is keen to spend wisely IRL) though i agree they need to try and be a bit more accurate.

Monsieur Sexington's summary, important ones in bold;
- Being able to start games in each transfer market, both prior to and after transfer.
- Automatic opposition instructions
- Improved AI for transfers. I think everyone's fed up with other teams buying **** players and collapsing, making the game a lot easier. Also being able to loan a player back to his club after buying him in addition to performance-based contracts.
- Being able to save player selection, not just tactics.
- Being able to start managing a team's U19/Reserves then work your way up.
- Players also get interviewed.
- Vary the kits from year to year.
- Doing away with the amount of coaches you can have. E.g. Vålerenga have 7 youth coaches and 3 coaches, and only allowed 5 or so.
- Improved training system, e.g. train a specific stat in addition to the groups.
- Improved interaction with players, e.g reassure them they're still the first choice.
- Random occurences, e.g. players with high eccentricity such as Boruc suddenly getting pished before/after game or missing trainings due to being as rough as a badger's ****. Also team mates ******** each others wives. Pitch invasions would also add some realism. Players getting ****** off if they're subbed.
- Improved graphics for stadiums and customisation.
- Being able to set up foreign academies and training camps where you could pick out players.
- The club nicking some of the money you make from transfers. As Vålerenga you start with a transfer budget of 55k £; won the league and second season 10M£, which is more than the rest of the league's budgets doubled.
- Better press conferences. They are severely repetitive.
- Fix the half-time team talk. You can absolutely vindicate the opposition if you're one goal down. Also having more options for what to say.
- More age groups; e.g. U-14 etc.
- Minor, but ball boys. How often do we watch impatetiently as the player walks ever so slowly to get the ball for a corner?
- Background options; you can start as a simple college graduate with a degree in Sports Science and Psychology or a coaching course.
- Being able to "take over" a person, e.g. Mourinho, so you play as him.
- Some way to detect whether someone's using FMRT or FM Scout in relation to challenges.
- A club fitness centre, e.g. AC Milan, which prolongs a player's playing years.
- Get the license for Germany, for Pete's sake.
- Recurring injuries (Hargreaves anyone?)
- Being able to use your own money on something. Everything from dogs and women to languages has been suggested, and spending it on something like languages and training courses seems like the best suggestions thus far.
- Multiplayer games; take your team and play someone else, even with the same team. I.e. I could take my Celtic 2014 CL winning team and play Dunc's CL winning Newcastle.
- If you scout someone or make a comment, the press ask if you're interested in buying him.
- An online messenger/social network malarky set up. E.g. you can talk to other managers who aren't neccessarily in the same game without alt-tabing.
- Fix scouting and judging player ability/potential.
- Trophy cabinet. It's fluff, but it's nice being able to see the World Cup trophy safely tucked away in Scotland.

Pet hate
- Added detail like Norwegian teams going to La Manga in Spain each winter to train and Vålerenga having their own stadium planned and currently about to start construction.

Regens to have ppm's according to their position at least.

To be able to teach more ppm's to players. Ie - Tell them to try longer passes.

And to be able to see all ppm's that players know. Ie - "Tries tricks" never appears, don't know why.

I like ppm's. :p

The idea of "mass Brawls" is an original and good idea..

The two additions i would like to see, of which only one is realistic are;

The option to start in the past.. i.e. I could start the game in 2006 before Ian Dowie took charge of Charlton and not sign Djimi Traoré and maybe sign Leighton Baines instead!

The second minor change would be to allow instant player instructions i.e. a right click on the goalkeeper/full back ordering him forward when a last minute corner is awarded.

Last edited:
The second minor chnage would be to allow instant player instructions i.e. a right click on the goalkeeper/full back ordering him forward when a last minute corner is awarded.

This happens if you select the Overload tactic.

maybe could do something about the kits,
most teams change the kits every 2 year for home kit or yearly for away
so maybe something like get a choice of 3 kits so changes.

more control of merchandising
stadium manager, catering or costing of things ie tickets, shirts

means u could maximize your income and could affect fans view of u

Be able to start rivealries with diffrent clubs so when a team like birmingham or wolves start going for top four games agianst the likes of man u become important to your fans

The idea of "mass Brawls" is an original and good idea..

The two additions i would like to see, of which only one is realistic are;

The option to start in the past.. i.e. I could start the game in 2006 before Ian Dowie took charge of Charlton and not sign Djimi Traoré and maybe sign Leighton Baines instead!.

oh, how we wish....

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

The second minor chnage would be to allow instant player instructions i.e. a right click on the goalkeeper/full back ordering him forward when a last minute corner is awarded.

and you can do that. go on tactics> views> attacking corners and set the player duty to "forward" instead of "back" or "default"

actually hate the AI national team selection criteria. I have Michael Potts in one of my saves and you'd think the 2 time English player of the season would get capped at least once but nope. The AI never seems to drop players who don't play regular first team football. Jonjo Shelvey played 18 games in 3 seasons for Arsenal and was capped 15 times in the same time.

Also macros keys for touchline shouts/formtions.

I am annoyed with press conferences which need a total revamp. For instance: after international matchdays the press asks me a question about the players fitness and whether they have played and how well rested they are when they have played and didn't take a break. Also add jet lag to "injuries" as players from the Americas suffer from it very much and it would add a bit of realism. As a manager you should also be a coach as well and be able to train your players in some sort of way like adding the UEFA pro License to the game so you would be attending some coaching course of some sort. I would like a set piece position builder rather than telling the players where to be and the position does not have to be the same for both corners/free-kicks. I also hate when a player is injured and the ball is kicked out then they throw it directly out which would be impossible to count it as an actual throw-in but, my real problem is that my players(or opposition) actually throw it back to them which negates them actually kicking the ball out to get it back. I would actually like to have actual shouts that take immediate effect rather than waiting for the ball going out of play and, as mentioned in my previous post, to make changes or delay tactical decisions after a booking or a goal.

Last edited:
i'd like to be able to apologise to players, for example after giving a bad teamtalk, so they can shut it and stop having a negative effect on team morale

i have no idea how to improve fm but to be honest...why would you want to be the chairman??? doesn't that just take the who point away from a game called football "manager"

one thing i'd like to be able to do is start off at a club as an assistant manager....small tasks to do, and to oversee the under18s/reserve squad without having to deal with the main club... because i like starting my career with some realism, so i normally find my self controlling england under 19s to start the game off and then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.