FM 2011 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been said, but at press conferences currently only one question does anything after, and sometimes that gets really infuriating. Such as if I've signed a new player, and then spent 3 questions praising him before answering one more saying 'I'll continue to look for bargains'. This question is picked out by the media, and the rest ignored and I get no positive effect for the player I've bought, despite in all likelihood he would have been at that press conference after being unveiled so would have no reason to ignore the question.
So basically I'd like multiple questions to have an effect depending on their subject

I think you should get a choice of what member staff you should be for E.G Coach, Pyhsio and Chairmen.

*Updated*

Monsieur Sexington's summary, important ones in bold;
- Being able to start games in each transfer market, both prior to and after transfer.
- Improved AI for transfers. I think everyone's fed up with other teams buying **** players and collapsing, making the game a lot easier. Also being able to loan a player back to his club after buying him in addition to performance-based contracts.
- The club nicking some of the money you make from transfers. As Vålerenga you start with a transfer budget of 55k £; won the league and second season 10M£, which is more than the rest of the league's budgets doubled.
- Being able to create rivalries after a few years, e.g. if you take Luton Town to the Premier League top 4.
- Board meetings and team, where you can talk about where you want to take the team and players being able to express their opinions.
- The Chairman assumes a more pro-active role, e.g. buys players behind your back.
- Automatic opposition instructions
- Being able to save player selection, not just tactics.
- Being able to start managing a team's U19/Reserves then work your way up.
- Players also get interviewed.
- Vary the kits from year to year.
- Doing away with the amount of coaches you can have. E.g. Vålerenga have 7 youth coaches and 3 coaches, and only allowed 5 or so.
- Improved training system, e.g. train a specific stat in addition to the groups.
- Improved interaction with players, e.g reassure them they're still the first choice.
- Random occurences, e.g. players with high eccentricity such as Boruc suddenly getting pished before/after game or missing trainings due to being as rough as a badger's ****. Also team mates ******** each others wives. Pitch invasions would also add some realism. Players getting ****** off if they're subbed.
- Improved graphics for stadiums and customisation.
- Being able to set up foreign academies and training camps where you could pick out players.
- Better press conferences. They are severely repetitive.
- Fix the half-time team talk. You can absolutely vindicate the opposition if you're one goal down. Also having more options for what to say.
- More age groups; e.g. U-14 etc.
- Minor, but ball boys. How often do we watch impatetiently as the player walks ever so slowly to get the ball for a corner?
- Background options; you can start as a simple college graduate with a degree in Sports Science and Psychology or a coaching course.
- Being able to "take over" a person, e.g. Mourinho, so you play as him.
- Some way to detect whether someone's using FMRT or FM Scout in relation to challenges.
- A club fitness centre, e.g. AC Milan, which prolongs a player's playing years.
- Get the license for Germany, for Pete's sake.
- Recurring injuries (Hargreaves anyone?)
- Being able to use your own money on something. Everything from dogs and women to languages has been suggested, and spending it on something like languages and training courses seems like the best suggestions thus far.
- Multiplayer games; take your team and play someone else, even with the same team. I.e. I could take my Celtic 2014 CL winning team and play Dunc's CL winning Newcastle.
- If you scout someone or make a comment, the press ask if you're interested in buying him.
- An online messenger/social network malarky set up. E.g. you can talk to other managers who aren't neccessarily in the same game without alt-tabing.
- Fix scouting and judging player ability/potential.
- Trophy cabinet. It's fluff, but it's nice being able to see the World Cup trophy safely tucked away in Scotland.

Pet hate
- Added detail like Norwegian teams going to La Manga in Spain each winter to train and Vålerenga having their own stadium planned and currently about to start construction

i think they should make a use for your career earnings and possibly adopt a premier manager approach where you see the discussions and interactions with people. perhaps even a mode where you can buy out your club if your rich enough ???

like this idea - being able to use your savings, or even using your own money for that transfer you wont but club havnt the cash for his transfer but can do his wages

looking at chaz's reply re night clubs etc, one of my regens has missed 4 training session because he on lash the night before -he not even that good

Id like to see a stat for poaching on strikers. My strikers never follow up when someone else hits a shot so defenders ALWAYS clear it. Literally just had my first goal in 6 seasons from someone following up a mix upin the box to tap in, get tap ins from crosses all the time (BY MIDFIELDERS AS EVERY STRIKER I SIGN SCORES NO MORE THAN 4 A SEASON), but no one chasing down the keepers parry.

Id like to see a stat for poaching on strikers. My strikers never follow up when someone else hits a shot so defenders ALWAYS clear it. Literally just had my first goal in 6 seasons from someone following up a mix upin the box to tap in, get tap ins from crosses all the time (BY MIDFIELDERS AS EVERY STRIKER I SIGN SCORES NO MORE THAN 4 A SEASON), but no one chasing down the keepers parry.
anticipation is that stat

The idea of "mass Brawls" is an original and good idea..

The two additions i would like to see, of which only one is realistic are;

The option to start in the past.. i.e. I could start the game in 2006 before Ian Dowie took charge of Charlton and not sign Djimi Traoré and maybe sign Leighton Baines instead!

The second minor change would be to allow instant player instructions i.e. a right click on the goalkeeper/full back ordering him forward when a last minute corner is awarded.

this is good idea, id like to go back to last summer and kill tony mowbray

Yeah, but then it would be too easy to see who would make a good "poacher" in a tactic. I think "poaching" comes under the "finishing" and "off the ball" brackets.

Yeah, but then it would be too easy to see who would make a good "poacher" in a tactic. I think "poaching" comes under the "finishing" and "off the ball" brackets.
and anticipation

anticipation is that stat

I get what your saying, but why then does mario gomes who is 19 for anticipation never go inside the 6 yard box? aquino who is 14 for anticipation gets my tap ins. i need a stat for what kris boyd did at ra***rs...stand in the box and do nothing then tap in a miss hit from ke**y mi**er 40 times a season because he was too lazy to walk out of the box.

To all the idiots that want to be coaches, chairmen, physios etc. This is Football MANAGER for the sake of football, not Football Staff.

i would say positioning and anticipation if your combining stats to make a poacher. i wouldnt say a poaching stat is any more helpful than finishing, pace, it just shows hes the guy that will follow things up, bit like i know hulk, benzema, gomez & balotelli arent players you want to play up front cos they cant score. thes guys have high finishing, anticipation and positioning but still dont chase anything, where as a poaching stat doesnt mean youll finish it with the keeper diving at your feet.

I get what your saying, but why then does mario gomes who is 19 for anticipation never go inside the 6 yard box? aquino who is 14 for anticipation gets my tap ins. i need a stat for what kris boyd did at ra***rs...stand in the box and do nothing then tap in a miss hit from ke**y mi**er 40 times a season because he was too lazy to walk out of the box.
other attributes like decison making, work rate come in. balotelli and gomez are lazy players

id also like to see the opportunity to have a proper discussion with a player to let him know whats going on. ive got a young player who wants to leave because hes not playing first team games but now hes in (and per champy gets injured) still wants to leave. i want to tell him hes going to be first pick now.

also during team talks to tell the players what your game plan is, ie a draw or we need goals etc rather than just you can win. i know your tactics are set to all out attack etc, but telling the players were happy with a draw will help.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

other attributes like decison making, work rate come in. balotelli and gomez are lazy players

benzemas not and he still doesnt do it. only stat aquino has thats better is positioning and he gets tap ins for me

karim benzema daniel aquino
finishing 17 finishing 16
composure 18 composure 15
decisions 16 decisions 14
positioning 9 (ok ****) positioning 12
anticipation 17 anticipation 14
work rate 16 work rate 14
off the ball 19 off the ball 16

id also like to see the opportunity to have a proper discussion with a player to let him know whats going on. ive got a young player who wants to leave because hes not playing first team games but now hes in (and per champy gets injured) still wants to leave. i want to tell him hes going to be first pick now.

also during team talks to tell the players what your game plan is, ie a draw or we need goals etc rather than just you can win. i know your tactics are set to all out attack etc, but telling the players were happy with a draw will help.

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 PM ----------

benzemas not and he still doesnt do it. only stat aquino has thats better is positioning and he gets tap ins for me

karim benzema daniel aquino
finishing 17 finishing 16
composure 18 composure 15
decisions 16 decisions 14
positioning 9 (ok ****) positioning 12
anticipation 17 anticipation 14
work rate 16 work rate 14
off the ball 19 off the ball 16
postioning wouldnt make the difference its a defensive stat. in fact, by all means benzema should get there first, but without looking at a pkm i couldnt say why they have worked that way. feel we are going a bit off topic, but the best thing to look at for now is: http://community.sigames.com/showth...Impact-of-Player-Attributes-During-Match-Play

b

Got a wierd idea (sorry if already posted couldn't be bothered checking all 17 pages) but one which would make the game really fun and challenging even after playing the game normally:
Currently I think you have the option when setting up the game to randomise player names. However, this isn't very fun as it soon becomes obvious which players are which. What I propose is that EVERYTHING player-wise is randomised - the clubs popularity and financial status, and everything about the club other than it's players should stay the same, but the stats, names, CA & PA and all other attributes of players could be completely randomised and then assigned to clubs (or make everyone in the game a regen with a random age). I don't know whether this would be possible but think of all the mayhem it would cause and how fun it could make the game - Chelsea could have an absolutely **** team, but due to their popularity and money re-build a great team. ****, Blackpool could end up having some of the best players in the world! IMO would be a great option to have, but doesn't seem like a very realistic idea and would be very hard to impliment.

Also, as I think others have said, having the ability to set up academies in countries (would be good if it worked much in the way that making affiliations with other clubs does in terms of the chairman assigning a country to you and then after you've been at the club for a long time giving you the choice of where to set up the academy). This would be an especially nice feature if the big clubs with more popularity and money could set up better funded acadcemies which attract more, and better players.

What would also be great is having U-15, U-13, **** even U-11 national or maybe even club-level age groups full of regens. Being able to manage these teams would also be a great addition.

The most realistic and probably most important thing is improving transfers. It would take a lot of hard work and a lot of it would have to be manual, rather than computer generated, but many of the fees required to sign average players are absolutely ridiculous. Even if it was only the top divisions of certain countries that were improved upon, it would be an important improvement - would Wolfsburg ask for 30 million for Manuel Schafer their left back in real life? Well, probably yes, because they're stingy, lying twats (a la Dzeko) but you get my point.

This may have already been posted in this thread but i am feeling too lazy tonight to read it all. Id like to see more random transfers happen for example in real life Henry has just signed for New York Red Bulls, this would never happen in fm10 plus clubs always seem to sign the same players in everygame i play its so annoying.

I would also like the ability to send my players on training camps during pre season like real teams do, fifa manager had/has this ability and its a nice touch especially when there are say 30-40 different locations around the world you can send players on traning camps with each location haveing different positive and negative effects for example send the players to high altitude locations to improve fitness. As was said in the post above id also love the ability to set up academies in different countrys. This may sound abit cheesy but it would be great to include the ability to design stadiums if the board decides to build you one, i liked this part of fifa manager.

When you are given the oppertunity to appeal a ban make the decision random instead of always rejecting the appeal ive never had a ban overturned so why add the ability to appeal one. Also when you discipline a young player make him listen, ive had a few regens who are always caught coming out of nightclubs, i discipline them and it keeps happening its frustrating.

Basically combine the good bits of Fifa Manager with Football Manager and the game will be awesome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.