FM 2011 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if the game did not generate anymore playes eg Strikers with Finishing 5,6 or lower. Why did they become strikers? There should be a minimum attribute level for the important attributes (for Strikers Finishing, for Defenders Tackling and Heading etc) for each position. And also, the Attribute Long Throw is completely useless. It should be removed.
Also, there are player examples, like Sami Khedira in Stuttgart, which have unbelievable differences. He has Pace 15 and Acceleration 8! How is that possible? Not that that has any importance, because in a match David Weir with Pace/Acce 3 can catch Agbonlahor with Pace 20!
The players moves in a game are laughable. The keepers are kicking the ball outside the field. If the ball is near the sideline, then the players throw it outside, and even more I cannot recall right now.
What's the point for my team to negotiate with me the wage of a new contract, when i always will be selecting the lowest wage?
There should be interaction with the board, so that they could block or allow me transfers.
And, my last wish wwould be to make the game fair.
It's different to make a game hard than make it unfair. Even if I have the best team, with the best players and the best tactics, if the pc desides I "must lose", I will lose even if the world turns up side down.
Sorry for my English, I'm from Greece and despite all that i've written...
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

When you are playing perfectly well and then Elijero Elija just skips staright through about 10 men and scores.

When your keeper saves a penalty and your defender gives another one away straight after, and they score

When you ve lost 3-0 away in a knockout competition, you lead 1-0 at home and the team talk has only options as if you still lose...
When a player plays bad, and you discipline him and he gets angered...Denis Alibec had rating 4,9 in a game, I made a warning and he got "Slt". Why? And why cant I talk to him after that incident...
When players have Long Shot 7, Decisions 8 and they score from 40 yards out...
When a player is 1,70 , has jumping and heading 8 and he scores with a header and the player marking him is Mamadou Sakho...(1.87 and has now in my team head 19, jump 18)
It would be good if you could call team meetings from the captain in order to keep the teams performance in hign level..What if I'm at the 1st place, if I ve lost consecutive matches against teams at the bottom of the table, I would be worried...
Also, training: There should be the option to set players in positions you desire eg in set pieces or in attacking moves...

Would like to see the transfer system revamped. Many may disagree with me but I think it would be great if you could give your chairman/owner/president/chief executive a list of targets that you would like and the chairman negotiates with the other club. its very rare nowadays that the manager negotiates with the other club. maybe the club selling a player behind you back would be good as well, could get annoying but adds to realism. Atmosphere and stadiums need to be improved, big champions league nights when the crowd are singing and the atmosphere is electric would add to the game. Controversial moments in the game e.g did the ball go over the line. Form in the game should be improved, for example, if a player cannot stop scoring then it is in the news and his valuation increases and everyone talks about him in press conferences and that. Just a few things that would add to the game :)

i believe that in games gone but (FM or FIFA seris) you could promise extra things to lure players to club like being 1st choise goalie, or even team capt / vice capt - maybe more expansive contacts (p.s i also think i remember an south america player declining to play in prem league cos his dogs couldn't move to uk for 6 months due to H&S lol - maybe a promise that his WAG can had a club credit card....)

It would be nice if the game did not generate anymore playes eg Strikers with Finishing 5,6 or lower. Why did they become strikers? There should be a minimum attribute level for the important attributes (for Strikers Finishing, for Defenders Tackling and Heading etc) for each position. And also, the Attribute Long Throw is completely useless. It should be removed.
Also, there are player examples, like Sami Khedira in Stuttgart, which have unbelievable differences. He has Pace 15 and Acceleration 8! How is that possible? Not that that has any importance, because in a match David Weir with Pace/Acce 3 can catch Agbonlahor with Pace 20!
The players moves in a game are laughable. The keepers are kicking the ball outside the field. If the ball is near the sideline, then the players throw it outside, and even more I cannot recall right now.
What's the point for my team to negotiate with me the wage of a new contract, when i always will be selecting the lowest wage?
There should be interaction with the board, so that they could block or allow me transfers.
It's different to make a game hard than make it unfair. Even if I have the best team, with the best players and the best tactics, if the pc desides I "must lose", I will lose even if the world turns up side down.
I LOVE THIS GAME!!!
the pc does not decide you "must lose".

Should have a similar system to Fifa Football Manager which lets you build youth camps around the world. That way you could personally find the next Ronaldo or Messi, breed him through the ranks and train him yourself. That way would be more fun than just finding him and then buying him.

Also would like to see some way of assigning images to players/clubs etc without a text config file. i.e. a built in program like the editor and resource archiver.

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

LOL, the game doesn't decide you "must lose", but it's realistic that teams get complacent, and over confident, and then a smaller team can beat you, or maybe you just wont be lucky, it's realistic, annoying, but realistic..

As for my suggestion, I like the Youth Camp idea, as well as the option of sending a player you have just bought, back on loan to the selling/parent club but also, i'd like (****, i've forgotten as soon as i quit FM, i'l get back to you...) Also, more realistic transfers, like Man City always buying the most random players, or even more so, Madrid, who buy random English players and never play them (James Milner is a good example on my save: Aston Villa >£20m>Madrid>about £10m>Tottenham)

I personally love the idea of having these youth camps that everyone is talking about. Such a good idea!

I also tend to agree with removing the long throw attribute Ive only ever seen two players with the attribute above 15 it is quite pointless.

Like I said before though. I think the offside issue needs addressing. As in that the offsides arent given quick enough. Its totally unrealistic to have a player run through for 40 yards, score, wheel away to celebrate only then for the ref to disallow the goal. Its silly really. In real life offsides are genrally stopped very quickly.

The loaning system needs changing too. I find trying to loan players from non parent clubs is completely pointless. You can only get players that are barely good enough to get into the team (like 3, 3.5 star players) and whats the point of doing that?

---------- Post added at 01:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

I know it's been said a billion times, but I'd really like it if they improved the finishing in one-on-ones, especially at the highest levels. In my Wycombe save, I can be fairly confident if my player is through that he'll stick it in the back of the net despite his relatively poor stats, because so far he has at least attempted to find the corner of the net and only the best saves can prevent it going in. Yet, I can't say the same thing for my Barcelona save where players like Villa and Messi repeatedly hit it straight at the keeper despite having finishing/composure/decisions etc far higher than Pittman for Wycombe. These are shots that wouldn't even score in League 1

Its strange that Ive found the same thing. Even when the top class player is trained at placing his shots. Ive also tried chipping the keepr but that doesnt seem to work either. Havent tried going round the goalie though so maybe that might bare fruit?

I would like it if you could send a player on loan say a wonderkid who you want to play week in week out, if you could set that players training schedule for the club he is on loan to so he doesn't get murdered by the computer.

I ve played against West Ham, managing Liverpool, and I lost 2-1. I had to go and did not have time to save the game after the match, so when I came home and played again the same match, I lost again with the same score and the same scorers!!! I agree about complacency, but how do you rate this incident?

Bad luck? Bad tactics? Wrong, or no opposition instructions? Weaknesses in your team that are exposed well by the kind of players West Ham have? Any number of reasons...I don't think your destiny comes into play much on a computer game, but i may be wrong...

I ve played against West Ham, managing Liverpool, and I lost 2-1. I had to go and did not have time to save the game after the match, so when I came home and played again the same match, I lost again with the same score and the same scorers!!! I agree about complacency, but how do you rate this incident?

Cheating. lol..

Anyways it is one off i think.. Play again you will see different score at least different scorers.

I got a good one!

What about player's media conferences? it can't be manager all the time (though, press conferences is repetitive and it was fixed, the top one is the positive, the bottom is a negative comment)

Maybe put some extra on background like player's problem (marriage, money, crime, charity, etc) that can positively/negatively affect his career lol? interesting?

To make things better on the pitch, why can't we include manager standing on the manager box with animated shouting, pointing, jumping, etc. or referee?

Should have a similar system to Fifa Football Manager which lets you build youth camps around the world. That way you could personally find the next Ronaldo or Messi, breed him through the ranks and train him yourself. That way would be more fun than just finding him and then buying him.

Breed him through??? Like a prized horse haha

Some scientific genetic approach there, not sure the player will be to keen on it though.

I'd like to see an interaction where if you sell a player, you can wish them luck, or slate them in the press.

I think there's been a lot of talk about career earnings so far so how about this? There's no point using the money directly for funding a lifestyle, thats pointless to the game itself. But at the same time it'd be rather silly to be able to pump all your money into the team as you'd realistically have nothing for yourself, so how about this:

50 - 75% of your income is untouchable, covering things like lifestyle costs/tax/whatever. The remaining 25-50% could be used then to learn languages, pump money back into a club or when the money has built up running a club of your own. How does that sound to people?

Status
Not open for further replies.