FM 2011 improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
think there's been a lot of talk about career earnings so far so how about this? There's no point using the money directly for funding a lifestyle, thats pointless to the game itself. But at the same time it'd be rather silly to be able to pump all your money into the team as you'd realistically have nothing for yourself, so how about this:

50 - 75% of your income is untouchable, covering things like lifestyle costs/tax/whatever. The remaining 25-50% could be used then to learn languages, pump money back into a club or when the money has built up running a club of your own. How does that sound to people?
user_offline.png
or even spend it on if you go on holidays or go to other countries for charity things these may be done anually

I ve seen this happen a lot of times in my arsenal save. I loan out many players every transfer window and sometimes some players doont get loaned during the original window. So when the loan window comes about and i loan him to a club for 3 months(max) and its time for renewal i want the player to stay till the end of the season and every time ive requested it, it has been rejected for what reason i dont know and cant understand. also fix the rushing out issue.
Some of the decisions made by the keepers rushing out of the box are just plain dumb. For example i was playing vs west brom and the keeper hoofed the ball down the pitch and my CBs who are well within reach of the ball and much taller than the striker that is there doesn't challenge for the header then the keeper charges out for a header and the ball loops into the net. It has happened to me about 6 times in 3 months.
Please ditch the giving the player whose on a hat-trick a penalty. If a player is on a hat-trick and has an opportunity to score on a penalty i should be asked unless it is not the first choice PK taker because aaron ramsey who has a surprisingly low PK ability is always taking a PK when hes on a hat-trick.
I think this was stated before but i want to reiterate that player reports should not be gone after they go on loan.
Improve the taking and defending of set-pieces especially free-kicks. RVP who has FK of 17 most of the times hits it into the wall or blazes it over the bar. Also the person you want to take your shooting FKs isnt the person you want taking your delivering free-kicks.
The offsides that are called in thhe gaame are ludicrous. A player may be on the other side of the pitch and the ball wasnt even going to him and hes called offside.
make number selection more important as new players coming into a club given an important number in the clubs history should signal some expectation from that player and players who have stayed with a club for a long time and have kept their number constant should not have it taken away. Also introduce retiring a players number unless family comes along(something that could be wonderful in FM(having a brother or father in the game))
Also please put the 'player runs arrows option' back into the game.
Make closing down more realistic as when my players close down the keeper the keeper always round the player who is closing them down who is probably much faster than them.
And when making positional changes during breaks in the game don't make the players switch their positions after coming on the field.
And after any game changing moment(booking, goal, set-piece) you should be able to either delay a tactical changer or substitution.
In conclusion just make the decision making more realistic and stop the **** like throwing the ball out of play directly from a throw-in(which is impossible) and kicking the ball out of play.

Last edited:
Creatable Nations... Editing them just doesn't cut it for me :D :D :D :D

the things i'd like to see improved:

kits - i don't like the fact you cannot change your kit at least once every two years, it is unrealistic, it is a pretty easy feature to enable, all you need to do is maybe ask the board for a kit change, if they grant it you could change the kit like you choose a kit on a fantasy league e.g click on the sleeves on the shirt to change them

stadiums - sometimes you go to lower league teams and there stadium is massive compared to the size of their club, they should be a bit more realistic and research each ground thoroughly to see its features, at least for english clubs anyway, also it is unrealistic when lets say you go to old trafford and the away support is filling the whole of the stretford end, the main stand at old trafford

stadium expansion - i think the board should consult you about expansion and what you'd like to expand, like they did in LMA manager years back, you can choose how many tiers the stand will be, where the main stand is and where the away supporters will sit, the name of each stand, the exact capacity of it (obviously you can't put in ridiculous numbers and work your capacity to a budget e.g. if you are wrexham you can only have a maximum capacity of 20,000 because you can't afford any higher) also you could build the stands like you build a rollercoaster on rollercoaster tycoon

other jobs in game - maybe after you retire you could become a chairman which means you hire and sack the manager, build a new training ground/stadium, look after the financial and commerical side of the club and give the manager his transfer budget for every season, or you could become an agent, have several players as clients and manage their contracts, discuss terms with clubs and advise players, get involved in rows with managers and trash talk and talk about your client to get clubs interested, or you could do what some old managers do when they retire, take up scouting or become a consultant/director of football to a younger manager, when you start out in the game you could be an assistant manager and work your way up the managerial ladder from there

better transfer dealings - i think the current transfer system is good and has worked for years now but you could tweak it a bit, become more involved with players agents, have a transfer saga, intergrate newspaper rumours, meet with the interested player, promise him the club will buy him a house/car etc like in real life, agree terms with a player before you agree a fee with clubs which happens a lot now

relationships with clubs - i think some clubs are very hard to please, e.g. i was manager of millwall for two years, got back to back promotions with them and won the FA and league cups then resigned to manage man united, in real life i'd be regarded as a legend at millwall, but i'm not even on favoured personnel on the club information screen, its unrealistic

more retired players/managers available - maybe they could make more retired players available to be tempt back into coaching e.g. alan hansen even though he has never coached after retiring be available to take the assistant managers job at liverpool, that happens occasionally in real football, also maybe older managers coming back to become an assistant at a favoured club (ferguson, harry redknapp, george graham etc), even though some old managers are available to become coaches they never accept e.g. terry venables even though he is getting no offers to become a manager anymore will never accept a job at old and favoured club tottenham even though the option is available

rant over, i know that not all of these things will happen but its just ideas

Last edited:
Decent ideas there but f*ck can everyone just stop asking to be a chairman this is a MANAGER game, not a chairman game.
On topic; The match engine, transfers, training, press conferences and interactions all need to improve.
I would also like to be able to get on the club information screen as a legend or icon somehow. I've won the Prem 3 times in a row with Tottenham and not even on the favoured personnel while Jamie O'Hara who played like 60 games in total and scored like 5 goals for them was a "real club legend".
Also I would like to get better regens from my youth academy that is one of the best in the world. It's perfect but still I've only got players that have the potential to be decent over the last 5 years.

improvements on youngeters (even younger than 16), at least for the big names (barca- real-inter-juve-manu-chelsea..etc)
so we dont see alot of regens :D

improvements on youngeters (even younger than 16), at least for the big names (barca- real-inter-juve-manu-chelsea..etc)
so we dont see alot of regens :D

I don't think SI are allowed to put under 16's into the game it's illegal or something, I think they can with regens though, not quite sure though.

Some sort of advanced stadium customization, like people have said, choose how many tiers, seats, the layout etc etc and it all depends on your available budget.

i wanna be able to spend the money we earned..(remember total club manager? where u can buy things from car to house..starting off with a cheap car and slowly once you get more money you can buy better car)..and maybe donation to small club or organisation(since RB can giv out donation then why cant we?)
if some other clubs offer you a contract you can request them what player would u like to bring over to the new club.
i would love to design a stadium..im sure the likes of sir alex ferguson and arsene wenger did contribute some ideas about the new stadium..

Last edited:
Design stadiums... augment the amount of size steps and have the chance of how many you want built when asking the board. Anything beyond that would exceed the managerial side.

And buying a Ferrari?. Unless I can run it over the opposition's players... Then somewhere between two and eighty jail years.... ;)

Point is, improvements should be related to managing a football team. Tactics, training, youth system, transfers, requests to the board, possibly enabling the manager to be involved in areas that are more board tasks if you want (like currently advising for the type of feeder and which one you want).

Anything that goes out of that I find meaningless. Some suggestuons makes me think that the proper answer is: buy the Sims and create a manager. Or lobby to get The Sims 4: Sports Edition.

What? If we can suggest improvements we want, we can also suggest what we don't want.

another cool idea might be you could sign a deal with a newspaper to write a columm on weekly events in the league, it could also introduce more attention to the overall league rather than just your team which i think happens a bit in FM

you could get a supplemental salary for doing the article as well

i think they should pay more attention to salaries, it doesn't really matter in the game, you could manage a team for nothing and it wouldn't make a difference, also they should bring in more transfer controversy with players going to clubs for the money instead of the size of it, any player with multiple transfer options always goes to the biggest club, regardless if you offer them 20k more than that team

when asking the board for more funds you can state a player you want so they know u want the money for a reason & not to spend on any 1 so say you want david villa messi etc you can say to the board thats who you want & how much you think it will take to buy him etc & they can judge if they have the money or if they feel its a gd invesstment
but the main thing i want to see is no counrty selection
so for example i would start my season as celtic manager & if i choose to leave celtic or i got sacked i would just take a job or apply for jobs that are free from any league in the world like a real manager would were as the now i can only select a job from certain countrys bein able to sing a young player but keep them at there club on loan as an option in the sale

when asking the board for more funds you can state a player you want so they know u want the money for a reason & not to spend on any 1 so say you want david villa messi etc you can say to the board thats who you want & how much you think it will take to buy him etc & they can judge if they have the money or if they feel its a gd invesstment
but the main thing i want to see is no counrty selection
so for example i would start my season as celtic manager & if i choose to leave celtic or i got sacked i would just take a job or apply for jobs that are free from any league in the world like a real manager would were as the now i can only select a job from certain countrys bein able to sing a young player but keep them at there club on loan as an option in the sale
I agree with the first idea, mate.
I always get rejected when asking for more. Nice idea.
Cheers! :)

Robbie's Apprentice said:
another cool idea might be you could sign a deal with a newspaper to write a columm on weekly events in the league, it could also introduce more attention to the overall league rather than just your team which i think happens a bit in FM

Yes, and it would also mean that newspaper will work as a lobby to support your team, with different advantages and risks: they would publish stories to keep up the morale of your top players, entice players from other teams to want to go in, start some campaign against one of your players if he's being disruptive to discredit it so the rest of the team doesn't rally with him against you, make one from the press in servic of other team to hire you, if things go bad they could start a campaign against you, or if you're at odds with the board they would support one side, press you to put a player in or out the starting XI and put fans against you if you don't, etc.

Jameshybhoy said:

This would be a bad idea due to the technical side. That means you'd be forced to load everything and that would screw everyone with not optimal systems. And if it's with the limitation of teams that have no competition to play and all you can do is friendlies awaiting a competing team or being drawn to the bottom playable league or something like that, I don't see much sense.

I agree with the first, though. It is a nice touch having the ability to give a reason to the board when requesting something, then one could have consequences if he fails to fulfill them.

Chairman Mode:

Like Jake and Kris' Chairman Game.

I would be very happy if they included this, although I really doubt it! :D

i wanna be able to spend the money we earned..(remember total club manager? where u can buy things from car to house..starting off with a cheap car and slowly once you get more money you can buy better car)..and maybe donation to small club or organisation(since RB can giv out donation then why cant we?)

Total club manager was just awful

You end up saving up your money so you can buy certain things which are pointless to the actual game and distract you from focusing on important stuff - your team
This would result in a SIMS like game where you get up and go to work each day just to earn enough money to buy luxuries. there is already a game like this out, its called SIMS

The only thing i would like money spent on (either team budget/board request/managers wages) is training badges and language courses - benefit of language courses is obvious and training for better coaching badges could improve you managers attributes and reputation

Last edited:
I think they should include reserve and under 18 managers that you can interact with. So say your new signing isn't performing as well as you'd hoped and you dont know how to get the best out of him or what role he plays best in (deep lying playmaker, anchor man etc) then you could request the reserve manager/under 18 manager to try him in a certain position for you and get feedback on how he performed.

1. transfers need to be sorted, he way asking prices are worked out needs to be changed so it's more realistic.
2. build youth camps in other countries.
3. create extra teams, e.g. more youth teams
4. build stadiums like in Fifa Manager, where you can see the stadium and change certain details like the number of tiers and the quality of materials used to increase/decrease costs.
5. ability to invest personal wealth in a club, not so much like the personal life in Fifa Manager, just maybe an option to help out your club if they're struggling and you can afford it.
6. be able to learn more languages to help new players you sign or if you move to a foreign country

Status
Not open for further replies.