FM Base EPL Fantasy Football League

You have no right to complain if you don't have Rooney-Kane as strikers.

That would be all.

If I am corrected then mid wont change into foward. Your formation will not change. If mid will not play then you wont get any sub for him.
Can someone correct or back me up?

nah the game will bring in the first sub on the bench regardless of position, unless it needs to adhere to the mandatory minimums (minimum 3 defenders and 1 forward in XI).

Fantasy nightmare of the season number 1 .....

Going over to Belfast for the weekend on a staggie and completely forgetting to switch out Lambert for Wilson.

A hat-trick man sat on your bench. Such joy.

I'm now left (semi) hoping Ibe doesn't play any part tonight at Arsenal so Wilson will get bumped back by default.

Ibe on the bench you have a chance man.

nah the game will bring in the first sub on the bench regardless of position, unless it needs to adhere to the mandatory minimums (minimum 3 defenders and 1 forward in XI).

So I'm back to being conflicted.

As a Liverpudlian, I may well want to see Ibe off the bench.

But if he stays there. I get Wilsons points.

I HATE when Fantasy does this.

FFS koscielny not starting, so I am a pool fan now! Get me goals Firmino! Wildcard is getting used for sure now!

So I'm back to being conflicted.

As a Liverpudlian, I may well want to see Ibe off the bench.

But if he stays there. I get Wilsons points.

I HATE when Fantasy does this.

yeah this sucks but I never let fantasy get in the way of being a proper fan. I have 2 Chelsea defenders but if I saw someone thrashing them 6-3 I'd have a day to celebrate.

yeah this sucks but I never let fantasy get in the way of being a proper fan. I have 2 Chelsea defenders but if I saw someone thrashing them 6-3 I'd have a day to celebrate.

I always go with 3 players from a team I hate. That way, I can't lose.

Frustrating on not remembering to switch Wilson for Lambert but overall some excellent decisions this week.

Picking up Taylor for Newcastle was inspired as I just had a feeling Utd would come unstuck Saturday. (Albeit Rooney's goal should of stood.). And taking Pedro and making him captain was another plus.

Back in the game.

This year is very strange. Many players/teams underperforming. I used to have 50 points almost every week (unless I forgot to change the team, which happened quite often :) ) Finally, Costa did something. Too bad I captained Kane XD

Truly dreadful week this. 4 players at 0 minutes, plus 2 players at 10-25 minutes. And these were all starters beginning of the season. Reasons range from form to injury to transfer saga and it's annoying as ****.

The rest of my team did manage to pick up some points here and there so it wasn't a complete loss, but all this deadwood was hard to take.

Already wildcarded it up at Sunday, ditched several struggling players to jump on some bandwagons.

Week 3 gameweek review

So guys and dolls we have just wrapped up game week 3 in fantasy football land and I don't know about you guys but this is not going particularly well for me! But lets take a look at the gameweek.

Early kickoff saw Manchester united take on Newcastle, and as ever United were good for clean sheet points, defence looks to be their strength this season even if they do have a uncertain keeper situation. Worrying thing for me is United's lack of goals, I expected some return off depay by now after I captained him 3 weeks on the trot well its time to cut the losses and captain someone different, although I do think Depay is worth keeping an eye on because I feel once he hits form he will see a hefty point return someweeks. Also hands up if you had Krul on the bench *puts hand up.

Saturdays games saw some crazy results none more so than Bournemouth winning 4-3 at West Ham, Wilson netted a hat trick he could be the next bandwagon and is relatively cheap so keep an eye on him and see what games Bournemouth have coming up, they have come to play football and could easily be like Blackpool so cheap Attacking options a plenty. Elsewhere Mahrez kept up his scoring record vs spurs, Leicester play Bournemouth this week so the mahrez train could easily make a stop on the south coast. Palace won and everyone else drew so not really much to say other than yay Sunderland got a point ;)

Next stop televised matches, didn't see Citeh/toffees but from the match report Everton looked fairly decent in defeat, big Romelu may finally be coming good and Barkley looks to be ready for a big season. Also City look in great form right now and with Watford coming up I think they will be 4 wins from 4 come Monday night. Chelsea played west brom and uncharacteristically for a Mourinho team looked a bit shaky at the back but they got the result and that is all that matters, Pedro played a blinder in the half of the match I managed to watch and it looks like Chelsea will be going back into the market so they could yet strengthen more. They have a tricky game vs palace and is made all the more difficult without Terry and Courtois maybe avoid defenders in that match. Then Finally we come to the Liverpool game, what can you say except that Liverpool showed great character in claiming a draw, truth be told though they could have got the win, also 3 clean sheets from 3 for the red men. Arsenal however what can you say they are not up to speed yet and still need signings IMO, but what can you do. Gunners will hit a purple patch at somepoint so best be ready to get some of the many midfielders they have in your team.

So after the matches what else can I say, some big players are not performing yet and the usual solid clean sheet pllayers are seriously not delivering. So if your team is not doing well is it too early to wild card? well I would be inclined to say yes, unless of course you are making 10-11 transfers. I will be honest I have had a big sort out, saved up a transfer so had two to use and then I took a 16 point hit to make 4 more, personally think it is a bit early for wild card but I was so close to using mine. Personally think save a transfer up and take the point hit if you are that unhappy with how things are going, 5-6 transfers can totally change the complexion of your team and also remember transfer deadlines looming so we all will be waiting with trepidation to see what new talent is on its way to the Premier League.

Well that's all from me apologies if its a little hard to read had a long *** **** day which started on 3 hours sleep, but thanks for reading my incoherent ramblings :)

I'm out of the relegation zone at least :D

Off to New York on Saturday, so took the plunge and used an early wildcard.
The team were just not performing and I also had two players with light injuries, so it had to be done.

I'm out of the relegation zone at least :D

Off to New York on Saturday, so took the plunge and used an early wildcard.
The team were just not performing and I also had two players with light injuries, so it had to be done.

Make sure to watch the Swansea game at Carraghers Bar on West 39th str ..... Ahhhhhh, NM. :P.

Cracking time in Belfast BTW. Not quite upto Dublin standards, but still rocking and not as expensive as I was anticipating.

Last edited:
14 points yesterday. Oh dear god it could have hardly gone any worse...

36 points this week, maybe more if Ayew gets bonus points. how did it go for everyone else? Pool game ****** me over!

Who wants to play Champions League Fantasy football? Just gauging interest, if enough will start another thread for it. will do a areviw after Transfer deadline wrapping up gameweek and any shock/big transfers, working on a little personal project related to the CL so little busy with that right now.

Make sure to watch the Swansea game at Carraghers Bar on West 39th str ..... Ahhhhhh, NM. :P.

Cracking time in Belfast BTW. Not quite upto Dublin standards, but still rocking and not as expensive as I was anticipating.

Glad you enjoyed it.
Didn't get to see the match while I was away, but kept an eye on the scores from the 102nd floor of the Empire State :D
View attachment 227438

I've a positive feeling about the next game week.
Going to play an unusual captain choice and hope it pays off.

Great start of the weekend, neither captain Silva nor captain Rooney played.

Back