FM-Base New Design: Feedback

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't take it that the skin is terrible?

Look what the poll says, the majority don't like it.

Feel free to make your own website/forum and come back and tell me off. You haven't offered any sort of feedback except slander. Maybe I am being a brown nose but the fact that my friend has stayed up most of the night to implement the new layout & the amount of unpaid hours of work that went into making it, it's a bit insulting when a guy with one pubic hair comes on and offers nothing but abuse.

Personally, I find this dreadful (sorry :()

Maybe I'll get used to this, but the avatars are too small, the colour scheme I don't like, the posting system is a lot less friendly (ie. like the SI Forums) and the general design is just shocking personally.

It's been really badly done, and I'm sorry, I find it horrible, and really amateurish :S

Would be better if the background was changed, and avatars made back to their normal size.

Couldn't really give a **** about the Like system, just for **** licks anyway.

looks quite slick.. dissapointed by lack of sigs and size of avatars

Feel free to make your own website/forum and come back and tell me off. You haven't offered any sort of feedback except slander. Maybe I am being a brown nose but the fact that my friend has stayed up most of the night to implement the new layout & the amount of unpaid hours of work that went into making it, it's a bit insulting when a guy with one pubic hair comes on and offers nothing but abuse.

Want feedback? Ok here goes.

1) Too dark
2) To Thin
3) Looks too similar to the free forums
4) Looks LQ

No disrespect to whoever did it but it is a poor effort. Sorry.

Don't like the new layout, everything is harder to read and just frustrating.

1) Too dark
2) To Thin
4) Looks LQ

Like I said, feel free to leave and join another forum.

Some of it looks okay, some bits not so much lol

I agree it's just too dark, i think that's it really, the rest is fantastic in my opinion, but i suppose i'll get used to it

I really have to have a go at your attitude. If you want to improve the site, I think you should take everyone's feedback into consideration, and not shunning everything that this guy is saying, and telling him to leave? Seems really stupid IMHO?

And you call yourself a mod? Telling a member to leave, after he gives feedback that you ask for but feedback you don't like. No wonder there is a lot of spam on this forum.

I really have to have a go at your attitude. If you want to improve the site, I think you should take everyone's feedback into consideration, and not shunning everything that this guy is saying, and telling him to leave? Seems really stupid IMHO?

How do i customize my profile, i go on it and it says nothing.

With it being black, what ever is on my wall, when i go into conversation i cant see the writing, i have to highlight it lol.
Also, how do i get to "MY POSTS"?, i cant find.

I actually like the new layout, though would be better as old green colour. Agree with above quote about the highlighting and quite liked the sigs, maybe we should have a poll on whether sigs come back or not.

Frankly it is terrible. Whoever made it needs a couple of lessons in use of colour and web design. And yes, before you ask, I am experienced in web design (4th year IT student).

So basically I agree with everything Conor95 has said.

Last edited:

1) Too dark
2) To Thin
4) Looks LQ

Cut Sean a bit of slack, he designed this from scratch. Of course things aren't perfect at the moment, he wanted to get the site back up as soon as possible. Yes we know there are a few things wrong with it, but it will all get sorted out within the next few weeks. You will get used to the new design layout anyway.

Hmm.. I'm still unconvinced, personally. The other one was simpler, and perhaps not as nice looking as some of the other, smaller sites but it didn't really need to be what with the massive member-base and not being in dire need to attract new members..

Look forward to starting a story blog, though & I'm sure I can get used to it.. hopefully ;)

To offer some feedback rather than just slating it:

- I don't like the avatars being that small.. Get rid of them entirely on regular posts or make them normal size for me.
- I agree with some of the more constructive points made by Conor (Looks a little LQ/like a Free Forum)
- I can't see anything on my wall!!
- A little too thin for me..

I do appreciate the effort that has gone into this, though, Sean (& the mod team) and obviously I'm not going to ****** off because of a skin that, on first impressions, I'm not hugely fond of!

Also - what does the "+" sign mean at the end of someone's name in the "viewing this thread" bit at the bottom?

Perhaps I am coming across very aggressively but his initial post was just slander and offered nothing in terms of feedback.

I am sorry if I am upsetting anyone but a lot of the comments have been unnecessarily harsh.

Cut Sean a bit of slack, he designed this from scratch. Of course things aren't perfect at the moment, he wanted to get the site back up as soon as possible. Yes we know there are a few things wrong with it, but it will all get sorted out within the next few weeks. You will get used to the new design layout anyway.
I respect that he made it from scratch and its a good effort that way. But it would be a whole lot better if it stretched the width of the browser instead of being as thin as it is.

Lol. Meh I don't mind it. It will take getting used to and I did like the old one but I, like many others, will get used to it.

Hmm.. I'm still unconvinced, personally. The other one was simpler, and perhaps not as nice looking as some of the other, smaller sites but it didn't really need to be what with the massive member-base and not being in dire need to attract new members..

Look forward to starting a story blog, though & I'm sure I can get used to it.. hopefully ;)

To offer some feedback rather than just slating it:

- I don't like the avatars being that small.. Get rid of them entirely on regular posts or make them normal size for me.
- I agree with some of the more constructive points made by Conor (Looks a little LQ/like a Free Forum)
- I can't see anything on my wall!!
- A little too thin for me..

I do appreciate the effort that has gone into this, though, Sean (& the mod team) and obviously I'm not going to ****** off because of a skin that, on first impressions, I'm not hugely fond of!

Also - what does the "+" sign mean at the end of someone's name in the "viewing this thread" bit at the bottom?

On the Avatar issue. I think the posts look simpler, pages load quicker and it looks neater without a side bar containing all the avatar and info noone really cares about. Click a name and you can get all that information.

Sean is aware of the visitor wall/post search background issue.

The + means they are on your buddy/contact list.