FM-Base New Design: Feedback

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps I am coming across very aggressively but his initial post was just slander and offered nothing in terms of feedback.

I am sorry if I am upsetting anyone but a lot of the comments have been unnecessarily harsh.
Yeah I am sorry too kris, maybe I came across as abit offensive too. I should have been more constructive.

I personally felt avatar's and sigs were too small on the old skin.. let alone this!

Also - what does the "+" sign mean at the end of someone's name in the "viewing this thread" bit at the bottom?

It means you have a friend who is viewing the thread at the same time as you. That's what the '+' next to someones name usually stands for.

I respect that he made it from scratch and its a good effort that way. But it would be a whole lot better if it stretched the width of the browser instead of being as thin as it is.

It causes more problems having it stretched to fit the entire browser, and it's easier to maintain and make sure everything stays in it's correct place if it's thin on both sides.

Yeah I am sorry too kris, maybe I came across as abit offensive too. I should have been more constructive.

I appreciate that. All I ask is that feedback is constructive and not abusive.

On the Avatar issue. I think the posts look simpler, pages load quicker and it looks neater without a side bar containing all the avatar and info noone really cares about. Click a name and you can get all that information.

i liked looking at everyones avatar, sig and who they support down each page i was on :( it might load fractionally quicker but its now very visually boring :(

Last edited:
While I appreciate the effort Sean has put into this skin, I personally don't like it as much as the old one. I think it's too generic, if you know what I mean. It's not unique imo, and I prefered the old one. Nice skin, and well done for making it, but I prefer the old one. :)

It's got potential, but the colours aren't great at the moment. Not enough distinction between the background, and the headers for the names. Looks quite boxy at the moment, needs to be sleeker.

I'm a fan of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' i prefer the other version it was a lot more user friendly and easier to navigate.

On the Avatar issue. I think the posts look simpler, pages load quicker and it looks neater without a side bar containing all the avatar and info noone really cares about. Click a name and you can get all that information.

Sean is aware of the visitor wall/post search background issue.

The + means they are on your buddy/contact list.

Yeah, you're right - they do load quicker and it does look simpler.. It's a pretty minor issue, I just think it looks a little weird having them so small personally =)

Cool.

Thanks! (& Thanks Becky..)

This feels like some Batman forum now. Doesn't look like a football forum at all IMO.

Instead of the recent posts on the right hand side, how about brining back recent threads like in the old one?

Will the advertisement always be there, even for premium's?

On Topic:

I like it, mainly because of the noticeable loading time betterment. I would prefer it to be a lighter grey but that doesn't mind, the avatar and sigs annoy me alot of the time anyway so not worried about having to click on someone's name to see them.

Not bad, just one thing more, at the bottom of the page where it is telling you who is on the thread the stars were before their name's before, rather than infront of the whole line, right?

i liked looking at everyones avatar, sig and who they support down each page i was on :( it might load fractionally quicker but its now very visually boring :(

Meh, most avatars were rubbish and if you are desperate click their names!

Nice contribution: these type of posts will receive an infraction, please just wait till the like system comes back.

While I appreciate the effort Sean has put into this skin, I personally don't like it as much as the old one. I think it's too generic, if you know what I mean. It's not unique imo, and I prefered the old one. Nice skin, and well done for making it, but I prefer the old one. :)

Pretty sure you won't find the same skin anywhere, therefore it's unique. :p

I'm a fan of 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' i prefer the other version it was a lot more user friendly and easier to navigate.

This will take some getting used to but having played around for a fair few hours it's a lot easier to navigate.

Why was it changed anyway?

Forum software upgrade/blog system.

Yeah, you're right - they do load quicker and it does look simpler.. It's a pretty minor issue, I just think it looks a little weird having them so small personally =)

Cool.

Thanks! (& Thanks Becky..)

Agreed it looks odd them being small: I want them scrapped.

This feels like some Batman forum now. Doesn't look like a football forum at all IMO.

Well I like Batman so that's good.

Don't really like it to be honest and it quite hard for me to see the text i just liked the old feel of the site

I think the background is too dark and i miss the quick search tool that used to be in the top left corner

I like the style, but think a lighter colour background would cheer things up!
As for the layout and such, give us a copla days to used to it before I can give an honest assesment!
How can you really comment on the layout until you have used it and worked out properly were everything is, I love how people are so adverse to change!