• Views Views 35K

Do you like the new design?

• Yes

Votes: 74 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 199 72.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sean knows about the advertisement issue. I think there is one visible at the top of the page atm that premium members can see, but he'll hide that later on, and then he'll put the rest of the ads back on for the normal members to see at some point. ;)

Instead of the recent posts on the right hand side, how about brining back recent threads like in the old one?

Recent threads is under neath recent posts.

edit:

Sorry, I see what you mean. New threads is under recent posts, not new posts in threads.

Recent threads is under neath recent posts.

edit:

Sorry, I see what you mean. New threads is under recent posts, not new posts in threads.
Could we have Recent threads (like the old one) above recent posts please?

Just a thought that might satisfy the masses. The box that becomes visible when you click a users profile, is it possible to add that box to the top of each users post?

That way users can still view sigs/avatars and fills the page a bit more?

Get back to me when you wake up Sean

I also like the most viewed thread feature under recent threads :)

Old design is undoubtedly better. The black is very distracting. Avatar sizes too small. -Shakes head in disgust- :(

I'm not seeing how the colour black can be distracting.....

I actually like it. I think it makes the site look alot neater an more professional. Most of the negative comments are probably due to everyone becoming so acustomed to the old skin. Any skin, no matter how good nor bad, would have upset some members. (The whole Facebook saga, Now look everyone likes it, if not prefers it) Im pretty sure in time everyone will like it or at least get used to it.

Overall, I like it alot.

Will take time to adjust to some of the smaller details though.

Meh, most avatars were rubbish and if you are desperate click their names!

its more the sigs and 'supports' that i dont like have gone, and im not clicking on every single person to see what they have for an av and sig, and i cant find a 'supports' anywhere now? also the place just looks really boring without the colour of the av's and sigs now i think. the mods might like it, and fair dos its hard work making the design, but like someone said earlier, if it aint broke...shame really. :(

Well done, clearly a lot of effort has gone into to this - especially when you consider how relatively small amount of time the site was down for.

Generally i like it but a couple of things i would like to see:

• The like button - its been mentioned before, hope it comes back
  • Supports - the supports bit helps when having a conversation/debate with people, you can see what they support without having to ask them every time you speak with them.
  • Avatar - in my opinion the avatar is too small to see, if you can't see it then there is not point having it. They need to be bigger or scrapped completely, i have no preference but at the moment they look like small colour blobs.
  • Recent threads: for me, what made this site so much more user friendly than other FM forums was the recent threads list down the right hand side. It was there all the time no matter what part of the forum you were in, you could see the big topics of the day very easily this way.
  • Your Threads: Next to where it says 'welcome, Triv' 'Notifications' etc there used to be an option to view threads started by yourself. It has taken me a little while to find where my threads are in the new layout and, while i'm sure it wont take as long to find next time, i really found that shortcut useful.

Very different to before but im sure ill get used to it. Only things i think should be brought back are the like button and bigger display pictures.

Back