We love each and every one of you guys. The final result isn't that important; each single vote means we've won :)

AS IT STANDS.. 12 HOURS IN

BEST WRITING - 32 VOTES

ca4a7db446e865d27adc1b2e55f23f75.png

BEST PRESENTATION - 19 VOTES

35ec363dbae19178c07134fb34ae7be1.png

BEST NEWCOMER - 17 VOTES

ba27e66919b7276355647294b03d2c69.png

BEST START - 12 VOTES

eb16ab505289a083656d5c24606fb178.png

DEDICATED FOLLOWER - 13 VOTES

6a301887f5484c5871cf1add0119c0fe.png

Last edited:
First off, this seems like a great concept. Interesting idea, Lippo.

Also, those who've mentioned my name and my Fulham story in any category - thank you. I'm glad people found my story entertaining.

There are a lot of fantastic stories on here and it'd be nice to see them get some sort of recognition. :)

Just looking at the SOTY votes and it would make sense if the winning story hadn't just turned into a screenshot fest. Shame neither of the other 3 are able to contest with it apparently!

Anyone else with thoughts on how the awards are going? Discussion is healthy!

Just looking at the SOTY votes and it would make sense if the winning story hadn't just turned into a screenshot fest. Shame neither of the other 3 are able to contest with it apparently!

Doesn't surprise me he's winning, its an incredibly popular story after all, but the margin shocks me a bit.

Especially when you consider the amount of time Enrico puts into his narrative. Ok, its not light reading & that's not everybody's cup of tea but you have to admire it.

Then you think about the amount of effort Brendn puts into his presentation & story telling. He once said its 2 hours of photoshop per update!!!!!

Wont mention my story as I don't really think it deserves to be up there with the rest but yeah, a bit surprising.

Screenshot fest is a tad harsh,

There is an award for best writing, and a separate award for best story.

The people vote so I guess it's their decision, but no need to have digs...

Screenshot fest is a tad harsh,

There is an award for best writing, and a separate award for best story.

The people vote so I guess it's their decision, but no need to have digs...

Wasn't meant as a dig! I follow your story, it's just when a good bit of it for a while was just a screenshot of the match report it is hardly a story but you do put in effort with your own ones now.

If people enjoy it, they enjoy. Fine. I was simply creating discussion and having an opinion on what I thought. Discussion is healthy for the story section.

Wasn't meant as a dig! I follow your story, it's just when a good bit of it for a while was just a screenshot of the match report it is hardly a story but you do put in effort with your own ones now.

If people enjoy it, they enjoy. Fine. I was simply creating discussion and having an opinion on what I thought. Discussion is healthy for the story section.

I do agree with your point but it could have been put a bit more diplomatically lol! I love Jamie's story and I am the first to admit my stories sometimes tend to be a lot more 'SS fest' then 'story' but only because I struggle to find the time to write sometimes.

Yeah but calling the story a screenshot fest is obviously going to wind me up, I've never claimed to write a detailed story, but it's far from just screenshots, don't get me wrong there are times where I've had lazy spells, but 150 pages + can't really be lazy... I think the personal opinion is 100% fine as I don't believe I have the best story on the site, but its a free vote. Personally my favourite is Brendn's, but say Enrico was winning (I wouldnt then voice my opinion on how it shouldn't be winning, not that I actually have a problem with it because I like that story too)

there was an award for best writing, I wasn't in that award, and there's a reason behind that, but from the off my story has been full of ups and downs and twists, that may be why people like reading it?

Just felt the comment was a bid unneeded seeing as the best writers have a separate category anyway, but each to their own

:)

Okay maaaaybe "screenshot fest" wasn't the best way to put it, it was just a comment on how I saw the poll and my personal opinion. I love stories because its a new way of seeing how others experience the game, screenshots don't necessarily show that off.

Either way, it is what people vote and Jamie Carragher has had its ups and downs and that always makes a good story!

The reality is that JC as a story has to have been doing something right in order to have received such high acclaim. Same goes for Enrico, Brendn, Jelavic, Yeti and Lippo, in addition to all the other superb tales on here.

It may not be detailed, but it is captivating. It again goes back to the idea of finding the right narrative. For example, I really liked the fact that it didn't work out in England, and it took a move to Valencia to find a level of success. In the same way, I've enjoyed the fact that McKenzie didn't find instant happiness in Geordieland, and has now moved to Denmark.

Sure, there will be different writing styles across the board, but that makes up the story section so wonderfully. You have the lighter hearted stories, the incredibly in-depth ones, the novels, the challenge motivated saves. I suspect that if we ended up with a uniform story design, then this section of the forum would die within days.

The reality is that JC as a story has to have been doing something right in order to have received such high acclaim. Same goes for Enrico, Brendn, Jelavic, Yeti and Lippo, in addition to all the other superb tales on here.

It may not be detailed, but it is captivating. It again goes back to the idea of finding the right narrative. For example, I really liked the fact that it didn't work out in England, and it took a move to Valencia to find a level of success. In the same way, I've enjoyed the fact that McKenzie didn't find instant happiness in Geordieland, and has now moved to Denmark.

Sure, there will be different writing styles across the board, but that makes up the story section so wonderfully. You have the lighter hearted stories, the incredibly in-depth ones, the novels, the challenge motivated saves. I suspect that if we ended up with a uniform story design, then this section of the forum would die within days.

Amen.

Btw, in addition to the sparkling debate, there are also polls in this thread where people can vote for their favourite stories! :p

How is the voting actually doing? I voted early so I havent been able to see :p

EDIT: Now seen results option, duh!

View attachment 252050

Who said stories have to be written...

A story is just a retelling of an event and can come in many different mediums: Written, verbal, graphic, ect.
If anyone is guilty of doing a screenshot fest it's myself since I spend hours on Google Image and Photoshop.