[FM11.3]Zero Sea's Fairyland --Gorgeous,Let Weak Teams Play like Strong Teams!

Testing Results and Improvements

I've been playing same team with same players couple of times and because I was lazy, I've decided to use 'killer' tactic. Hmm. That didn't go to well :p First,second and third time was very poor. CL qualifications was alwas a easy one, but then came the league and everything just went wrong. ANd then I've decided to use Ghost Tactic. Like thay say: fourth time the charm (H)(H) Will be posting my result after and of fall/winter round and than after 1 season later.

NOTE: I've replaced Levante for Turbany Turbanostoł in BBVA league, because I like playing team name that (fictional funny). I'm in Champions League becouse I've replaced registration of Sevilla for Turbany. My Team rep is set to 7500 (lower that Villarreal, Sevilla etc, so spain middle class I would say.)

1. Tactic is very good. Players are passing ball a lot, and not only short or fast, but various - short, direct, long, forward and backwards (some times strikers pass the ball to our GK ^^) ). That's why ball possesion is usualy at least 50% (normaly around 60%).

2. For those who say, that defence is leaky in this tactic - Fm 2011 engine ALWAYS (that means around 4 times for 6 games) makes AI team score. No matter how weak it is. Thats the fact. Face it. Best defence is attack someone said. That's true. This tactic alowes you to score more goals that the opponent, that's why it's awesome.

3. You don't need superb players. Solid and talents will do. But without certain skills for certain players that Zero Sea talks about in introduction forget about winning. See screen with my results - friendly match witch Grenada - that was during international games, so I didn't have even one player :( I let my assistant run the team, and players was grey ones.

4. Tactic (or should I say FM engine) has a bug. During the match your strikers should switch positions. But when they do it, their Set Pieces Instructions merge into one (6). So you should check couple of times during first minutes of game tactic. when you see that booth strikers have same instructions, simply give one of them his instructions manually (when you do it once, for the rest of the match they should stay, but next match - you should repet that :( Annoing.) I'm playing FM 11.2.1.

5. IMPROVEMENTS! Yeah, tactis is good. But can it be better? Yes it can (6). How? Set Pieces! See screen with instructions below.

First of all. Defensive: At least one strikers should always be set 'forward' it case of kicking ball 'blind', he prevents opponent from taking it too easy, and sometimes he can start offensive action after taht.

Second and most important: See screen with my team. My central defender has 7 goals in 7 games. All after corners. Also 2 goals were score by my defensive miedfielder, who has 'attack goalkeeper' - he finish two saves. So 9 goals from corners in 7 games. And that's not luck. I've been scoring from corners in prevoius games.

Important note: NO, idea of this instructons is not mine, I found it on polish fm board and adjust.

Instructions:

Attack Far Post: This is your goleador. He will be shooting goals from corners and free kicks (in free kick if you set player "forward" he will set himself just like he is set in corners - that's why player set on this instructions will also shoot from free kicks (if you will set them 'far post' of course - like corners). I recommend defender, attackers usualy are cover by high DC, and many plays showed me, that they just bdon't go here :p. Skils: Jumping, Header, Strenght

Attack Near Post: One of your strikers should be here. This guy will get the ball once for a 50 times nad only if player that kick the corner will do it wrong. But still, Jumping, Header and Strengh as a skills should be.

Challenge Keeper: He will try to finish off if shoot will be saved by GK, so skils: Finishing, Agility,

Go Forward: Decoy. This guy is there only to be. So send some poor header wingman.

Lurk Outside Area: This guy shoots from distance if corner goes wrong. Skill: Long Shots, First Touch

Attack Ball From Deep: Second striker goes here. Sometimes he finish off. Skills: Finishing, Agility, (Long Shoot and First Touch optional).

EDIT:

Additional Info:
1) Remember about 1 day rest for players after match, because otherwise they will be tired and useless - do what Zero Sea said, so far it doesn't spoil training. Only but is training scheldue itself (the one made by Zero Sea - I've got a loooot of injures. Never had so many)
2) Motivational Talks. "Have faith" at the begginig is good, but during the half I reccomend "Don't let go" when your winning, because after "have faith" they plays a little bit worse. My onlu lost game for example: I was winning 2:0 to the half time and than suddenly my players just stop playing and I've lost 3:2. Also happens couple a times in a league (fortunately I olny lost 1 or 2 goals, so I kept my win)

wynikifq.jpg

golev.jpg

defffreekick.jpg

defcorners.jpg

attfreekick.jpg

attcorners.jpg

Last edited:
Nk maribor

now i play with very lower club NK maribor from slovenia.the results are good but i get too much goals specifically with CONTROL tactic

Great tactic, i started a game with QPR.
They haven't the best players of the league but I'm on the top.
Griffiths is a quality signing, Akram, Brandy and DeMerit.

Won FA Cup in my first season with Birmingham and qualified for Euro cup. Currently in the second season and is challenging for the title.

- Beats Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea. Draw Man City.
- Unbeaten in the premier league for 35 matches from dec 2010 until aug 2011

Switch 3--6 times respectively yourself.

Hi ZeroSea, what do you mean exactly by that ? Switching in pre-season between your two tactics or even switch between Normal and 423 (ten players) ? And above all, what do you mean by `respectively yourself ` ?

Will appreciate your help (K)

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Only but is training schedule itself (the one made by Zero Sea - I've got a loooot of injures. Never had so many)

Hi Arce,
do you mean that ZeroSeas schedule is to harsh for players or do you mean that your schedule caused the injuries ?

I tried it mate with CFR Cluj, it is a good tactic I lost 1 game from 10.
P.S Same with my tactic :)

i tried this tactic for 5 seasons with a medium team and i have to say its a great tactic
i did well and never finished below 2nd place in all seasons ^^
then i joined a network game with a friend and in 1st season i finished 1st and 2nd team was 10 points behind with the same medium team (Aris in Greek superliga)
after those games i have to say some things that i found very helpfull
-set pieces are very important find a player that can kick good corners ad free kicks at far post and far cross
-put the dcr defender in far post not attacking far post (he must have accelaration strength and jumping) at least this worked for me
-listen to your assistand manager in the game !!( he should have tactical knowledge over 13)he say wisdom words about opposition instructions during the game
-when the assistant say our midfield is outnumbered by opposition midfield and you dont create any chances switch to control (this happens when you have low team vs very good team) this way you will balance the game but once you score you have to change the mentality again or AL will crash you
-you need to get fluid in order to work but for me worked even at start
-morale is very important also team talk have faith works great and when subing a player tell him have faith
-longs shots... avoid them even if you have a good long shoot player.when the opposition has many long shots means you are doing good in game ^^
-try to use in defence and dm and mc the same players if possible especially at start of season
-begin to create your team from defence
thanks zero sea this tactic is great i tried koflok and it didnt work so good as this one

...when you change position or switch players, the Core setting will be changed automatically, thus you need to re-set the setting again!"

I have big problems with this after my first match pre-season because the set pieces for the strikers are now seem merged forever (?!) - and I cannot remember how it was before. So I downloaded the GhostTactic again, opened it in FM2011 - and it is again merged :S

So please can anyone tell my how exactly the set pieces for the 2 strikers differ, so that I can do the changes manually now ?

does anyone plays with 11.1 . Is it working ?

I created them in 11.1,but they are better in 11.2
(A)

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

I have big problems with this after my first match pre-season because the set pieces for the strikers are now seem merged forever (?!) - and I cannot remember how it was before. So I downloaded the GhostTactic again, opened it in FM2011 - and it is again merged :S

So please can anyone tell my how exactly the set pieces for the 2 strikers differ, so that I can do the changes manually now ?

the 2 strikers differ are the same.Exception:

Playmaker: Forward (ST)
Target maker: Another Forward (ST)
Include Swap Position

Last edited:
the 2 strikers differ are the same.Exception:

Playmaker: Forward (ST)
Target maker: Another Forward (ST)
Include Swap Position

Hi, big maestro della tactics ^^), thanx for your answer.

Ah, I understand now ( I hope :) ):
There is only a big difference in their funktion - so that the one striker is target man and the other one is playmaker. And this can bee seen under the team instructions. And the set pieces for both in player instructions are identical.
Is this right ?

Im confused ive downloaded V3 im sure and my strikers are both adv forwards in the attack and complete forward in the control one.

I've had good success in pre-season with this one with Sevilla. Weaker teams, but I grabbed a 3-0 win over Empoli. Something like 30 goals scored, 0 conceded. Going well so far.

Only question, you say not to use one tactic all season, but what other tactic should I use? I'm useless with tactics, just looking for a decent one to rotate with this one.

Just an update and quick question.....my first season with blackburn I finished 4th using koflok's tactic. I scored plenty of goals but condeded far too many. I decided to switch to the ghost tactic in the 2nd season and finished 5th but with a much much better goal difference and also managed to reach the champions league final losing to R.Madrid. The only issue with the tactic I have is results at home. I had the best record away from home in the league but at home results were not good and that cost me dearly.

My question is, with a team like blackburn who have only 3 pitch size options of maximum, normal and minimum, is it best to go with normal because currently the team plays weaker at home than away?

Just started my 3rd season...

Bolton 0 - 1 Blackburn

Man City 1 - 4 Blackburn

Blackburn 2 - 2 Sunderland (M. G. Pederson with the last touch of the game, equalises to save a point)

Anytime I score I immediately switch to the control option and if the opposition get an equalizer I switch back and so on.

Question...Every player has mentality set on 5...How and, more important, WHY does that work? If someone would be kind to explain, I'd appreciate it.