[FM11.3]Zero Sea's Fairyland --Gorgeous,Let Weak Teams Play like Strong Teams!

I have tried this tactic quite thoroughly with Liverpool (about a season and a half) and met with limited success- in my first season I tried a couple of different tactics and found this one to be the best, but to be honest, that's not sayingg much- after a great start to my second season I am now well off the pace, with home defeats to Blackburn and Aston Villa (and the team was completely uncompetitive in those games) and an away defeat to Wolves. The team has gone completely off the boil and leaking goals like a sieve.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

I have tried this tactic quite thoroughly with Liverpool (about a season and a half) and met with limited success- in my first season I tried a couple of different tactics and found this one to be the best, but to be honest, that's not sayingg much- after a great start to my second season I am now well off the pace, with home defeats to Blackburn and Aston Villa (and the team was completely uncompetitive in those games) and an away defeat to Wolves. The team has gone completely off the boil and leaking goals like a sieve. I don't normally restart games, but I was at boiling point with anger, restarted and just beat Blackburn 5-0- it seems this tactic is erratic

Great tactics, i have very good result with manchester united , the best result is 6-0 against man city . But one strange thing is my top goal scorer is vidic , score 26 goals in 39 cap . Is this a bug ? i have bought paulo henrique too but he is not performing at all , any advice ?

I try this with A.S. Roma but the results are very poor.
Lot of goals conceeded, low ball possession (54-55%)
dunno why. here's my 11:

Julio Sergio Boares
Rafael (Burdisso) - Mexes(Burdisso) - Juan(Burdisso) - Riise(Castellini)
De Rossi(Brighi)
Rakitic(Pizarro)
Menez(Buonanotte) Vucinic(Taddei)
Totti(Adriano) Boriello(Lukaku)

help or advice anyone? i must say that i try this tactic with F.C. Internazionale and i win 24 games in a row but with A.S. Roma something dosen't work...

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

How important is each role to my tactic: GK>DC>ST>AMRL>MC>DMC>DRL

ok so this mean that the goal keeper il the most important role or not?

I solve my problem. made few tweks to this tactic and i start to fly (20 games win in a rom).
this is my tweks, i hope this'll help.

Normal tactic:
-the Defensive Midfielder change from SUPPORT to DEFEND
-the Attacking Midfielder change from ATTACK to SUPPORT

Control tactic:
-One of the two forwards(the right one) change from SUPPORT to ATTACCK.
Especially with this tweak my right forward starts to score a lot (adriano 13 goals in 10 matches).

Greetings!

This is a good tactic but it doesn't seems to work for lower team...well, I have good performance in Serie A but I don't really have a good play. The strikers don't score much and I score usually no more than 1-2 goal for match.
I just begin to test a 4-3-3 version of this tactic, I leave one striker and added as support midfielder, modifying also the movement of attacking player. Result: more clear occasions finalized by strikers and wingers...and it seems that the squad are also more solid.
I don't use OI (except for TC, if present) and I don't switch to control tactic, I think it is a wrong idea to think that the AI crack the tactic. Simply, when the opponent suffer a goal, it switch to a more offensive style and have more player in attack, so it's more probable that they score a goal, even if we reduce the mentality.
So, the idea is to build a tactic that aim to create spaces for attackers in both situations indifferently: Normal opponent attitude, they try the mantain the possession and put a striker\winger in front of goalkeeper - Offensive Opponent attitude, they let to competitors the possession and try repeatly micidial counterattacks, and the most important key for success is the penetretion of midfield for the finishing.
Then, I think is more useful keep the original tactic and searching to take advantage of larger spaces.

Some result:
Foggia-Zenith 1-0 (Champions, Quarter)
Foggia-Fiorentina 2-1
Zenith-Foggia 1-1
Vicenza-Foggia 2-7
Roma-Foggia 3-0 (Italian Cup, Semifinal)
Napoli-Foggia 0-2
Bayern-Foggia 1-3 (Champions semifinal)
Foggia-Juventus 0-2 (Serie A already wins, few motivation)
Foggia-Bayern 3-1 (Champions Semifinal)
Palermo-Foggia 0-1

I'll keep testing and if the results continue in this direction - and if Zero Sea gives his permission - I'll post the 4-3-3 version.

I decided to sign up just to thank for this tactic.

I am playing...Pro Vercelli, that starts the game at Serie C2. First seasons I played with 4-3-3 but then I realised that there's no chance to be successful in Serie A with my players and that tactic.

Beginnings were difficult, I lost some games 0-5 (Udinese) and 0-6 (Napoli) but game by game the team was playing better and better. I see some people have problems...I think you just need to find proper players. I qualidfied to EURO Cup with cheap players that suited this tactic, most of them for free, but not the best ones as my reputation was too low, the salary budget was around 450-500k EUR.

The only problem I see is...scoring goals. My players just strike the ball directly into goalkeepers (especially if there;s a good one like Consigli - my biggest enemy ;-)). Still I manage to score more than my opponents :)

The other one I had was conceding goals, but then I changed match preparation to defensive setup and the problem was gone ;)

Just won my Champions Cup group as FC Basel with AC Milan and Olympique de Marseille being the two top seeds using this tactic. Very good tactic indeed. So far in 30 games played, I have scored 74 goals with 13 conceded.

brilliant tactic very solid at the back went the whole season undefeated with united thanks a million :) ^^ head like a ******* orange ;)

Last edited:
LOve the tactic, even works with Lower Leagues, I took it to a slovakian team which was about equivalent of BSP team and only lost to Porto who played full strength side 2-1 over two legs, mighty impressed. However if the other team is a fair amount quicker you are open to counters.

i have one question i play with palermo and i have 2 good midfield pastore and iličič now i play with pastore in midfiled and iličič is substitude the first one is the right foot the second one is the left foot so should i change position when i replace pastore with iličič???

I decided to sign up just to thank for this tactic.

I am playing...Pro Vercelli, that starts the game at Serie C2. First seasons I played with 4-3-3 but then I realised that there's no chance to be successful in Serie A with my players and that tactic.

Beginnings were difficult, I lost some games 0-5 (Udinese) and 0-6 (Napoli) but game by game the team was playing better and better. I see some people have problems...I think you just need to find proper players. I qualidfied to EURO Cup with cheap players that suited this tactic, most of them for free, but not the best ones as my reputation was too low, the salary budget was around 450-500k EUR.

The only problem I see is...scoring goals. My players just strike the ball directly into goalkeepers (especially if there;s a good one like Consigli - my biggest enemy ;-)). Still I manage to score more than my opponents :)

The other one I had was conceding goals, but then I changed match preparation to defensive setup and the problem was gone ;)

Similar problem, but when I was in Serie A with Foggia I place in 3th position at the half (media prevision 10th, I was 4th in the previous season with the Devasto) , with the problem of scoring (that I think depend mostly on patch 11.2) but when I tweak this tactic to a 4-3-3 I win the the League and the Champions, scoring at least 30% more goals than the default ghost.
Maybe, each team has it own "ghost" tactic and you can search for yours. ;-)

Hi there, I downloaded the tactic, and realised there are 4 tac files. 2 are named RV3 and the other 2 just V3. May I know what's the difference?

thanks mate

Ghost Tactic V3

Hello!Everyone.
I'm sorry for my poor English,I use translation software sometimes.
Thanks Xiaoici for his help

What I have learned:

Why is it called Ghost Tactics?
Because players are free to move as they like, just like phantom move about freely.

The Balancing system of the AI:
When you are leading, AI will surely try to fight back. If you dont change your mentality, the chances of losing ball will increase; but, if you lower you mentality, AI will takes more time to get used to your tactic, and thus lower the chances of losing ball. So, i created "Control Tactic" to cover up my lead.
When up against strong team, DO NOT use "Control" tactic 1st, if not, what tactic do you use when you are leading? The attacking of Control tactic is not as good as Normal Tactic, that why i created only 2 tactics.
When AI are losing, they fight back very fiercely! Can we copy what the AI does? ...... We got to stop dreaming about this!

Due to the creator of tactics always been suspected to use cheats, therefore i would prefer using the results from others players to prove my tactics.
Thank you very much for your tests!

E012.jpg

E011.jpg

Tactics

Please DO NOT use only 1 tactic for the whole season, as AI will get used to your tactic. No matter whether you are against stronger team or weaker team, you must use "Normal Tactic". When you are leading, change to "Control Tactic" (abit of tweak from Normal formation) immediately. Control the situation, protect your lead, and can also prevent AI from getting used to your tactic!
Tactic with "R" suffix means place your MC who use left leg to the right side, advantage to long shot and direct pass.

Match Preparation: Attacking Movement

Playmaker: Forward (ST)
Target maker: Another Forward (ST)
Include Swap Position
I let the forwards get more balls, and thus greatly decreases the chances of forward missing goals when your CCC is high.
This can reduce the players who pass back blindly and control the numbers of long shot only for my ghost tactic.
P.S NOTE!! : There is a small bug in FM2010 and FM2011!Although the setting has been made, but when you change position or switch players, the Core setting will be changed automatically, thus you need to re-set the setting again!

Player Requirements

FC/ST: 1.Finishing; 2.Pace & Acceleration, Dribbling.

AMRL: Dribbling, Pace & Acc,Finishing.My tactic need AMRL cut inside,so you can train ST to AMRL.
AML:A little better with right foot; AMR: A little better with left foot.(You must train your players into position that is at least orange or yellow color. Which is "Awkward" or "Unconvincing".

MC: 1.Passing, Creativity, Finishing, Long shots;2.tackling.

DMC: Strength, Tackling (better learned tackles), Passing, Creativity, Long shots.

DC: 1. Jumping , Acc & Pace , Heading; 2. Positioning, Strength, Tackling

DRL: 1. Acc & Pace ; 2.Jumping,Heading,Positioni ng,Strength,Tackling.

GK:1. One On Ones, Reflexes;2. Handling

Match preparation is a must, even if your team are gel-ed already, unless you want to give up on your league results. I personally recommend "Attacking Movement"

Wingers have to use Forward players, which mean you train your speedy Forwards into Wingers. Must have high scoring ability so as to prevent goalkeeper saving too many balls and hitting the woodworks. Use schedule AMRL (inside).

Do not use Time Wasting because the effect is not good, it doesnt improve the possession and it makes the attacking decrease alot.

You can skip the part on players setting 1 by 1, as the result is very hard to be tested out, so i didnt use it.

All out attack and defense drain alot on stamina, so, try to maintain at least 90% - 95% fitness before match. After every match, rest your players regarding to their fitness. (Note: Under Training "Show Filters" --> "All Schedule", hold Shift key and click the ">" icon then right click, and you can set all of your player schedule in 1 shot. This method can also be use on scout report, transfers or any other places.) Actually my tactics which consist of draining of fitness has its good point too, that is to drag the AI down with us, as the AI drains their fitness quite fast too.

Corner: Left legged on Left corner, Right legged on Right corner (Of course you have to see the stat)
Free Kick: Left legged on Left FK, Right legged on Right FK (Of course you have to see the stat)

Pitch Size: Small

It is best to combine this tactic with my training schedule, good for training up "monster youth", as the schedule is made according to what i need for my tactic.

Players Requirement:

How important is each role to my tactic: GK>DC>ST>AMRL>MC>DMC>DRL

Heading: Main point is to see the Jumping, Jumping shows the ability to win a header, Heading means the accuracy of the header. Height also make a difference.

The "Butcher": It means players with high Aggression, Bravery and Dirtiness, with the skill of "Dive into Tackle" will be the best. "Butcher" will shine best in MC position, position at DRL also not bad.

When down to 10 man: change to 423

It is recommended to use Ghost Tactics during friendly matches. Switch 3--6 times respectively youlself. (That is to let your team players to get use to the tactics.

***Preferred moves***

Bad:

Terribly Bad In FM11.1:Shoots From Distance

Good:

Free kickers -- Good: Hits Free Kicks With Power,Tries Long Range Freekicks.

ST/AMRLC -- Good: Places Shots,Avoids Using Weaker Foot,Likes To Lob Keeper Bad: Runs With Ball Down Left/Right.

AMRL -- Better: Avoids Using Weaker Foot,Cut Inside Good: Places Shots,Likes To Lob Keeper Bad: Runs With Ball Down Left/Right.

MC/DMC -- Good: Shoots With Power, Dives Into Tackles.

DRL -- Good: Dives Into Tackles.

DC -- No

Good luck and play well!

By Zero Sea.

Download

V3
V3 is the best, so I remove the old versions.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3946

If you do not have unzip software,you can use a free unzip software -- 7-zip
http://www.7-zip.org/

Zero Sea's Shortlist(you will be very convenient and saves a lot of time and money,small database)
My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\shortlists
http://www.filefront.com/17534286/Zero-Seas-Shortlists.rar/

Zero Sea's Team Talk

Simple Operationhttp://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMjIyNDc2MDcy/v.swf

XE001.jpg

XE002.jpg

*** Post-Match TeamTalk ***

Reasonable praising and bad comment can increase the relationship between the manager and players. Praise can increase the morale, motivation. Bad comment can adjust the players motivation for the next match.

Scenario 1: You Have High Odds
Win: "Pleased"
Draw: 1. Average rating of 7 and above, "Sympathize". 2. Average rating of 7 and below, "Disappointed", "None" to players with rating of 7.5 and above.
Lose: "Disappointed", "None" to players with 7.5 and above

Scenario 2: You have low odds
Win/Draw: "Pleased"
Lose: 1. Average rating of 7 and above, "Sympathize". 2. "Average rating of 7 and below, "Disappointed", "None" to players with 7.5 and above.

Monitoring the matches

Although i rely more on ultimate tactics, but i also do some research on monitoring the matches. Rating shows the performance of a player. When the rating is high, mean the performance is good, while rating is low, means its bad.
NEVER let loose to those under-performed players. Example; If all the players are performing well, your rate of winning a match increases; whereas IF there ARE 1 or 2 players who are under-performed, the result will be devastating.
If you are not trying to win the year MVP or footballer award, when players is under-performed, you should sub them out, and the winning rate of your team will greatly increase.

6.0 and below: Performing badly. If the player is not your star player, you MUST sub him out.
6.1--6.4: Slightly under-performed. If you got spare sub on your bench, you can sub them out.
6.5--6.9: Performing normal.
7--7.4: Performing well. Even if the player is a sub, when they are performing well, just let them be.
7.5 and above: Having a storming game. During this time, they are like being possessed by Pele or Manadona.
Note: When the team are performing well as a whole, which is all around the rating of 7 or so, those with rating of 6.5--6.7 and is the lousiest rating the player had, you can consider to sub him off too.

What if most of your players are under-performing? Wait for half-time team talk, and made your decision who to sub after that, as most of your players will get back to their form.

Dont rely on star players, a lousy player with rating of 7 or above is better than your star player with rating of 6. So, if you are not aiming for MVP, sub your star player out when they are not performing well. Of course, the ability of your sub must not be too lousy.

Fitness which is below 75% will increase the injury rate, performance and speed will start to reduce too. Normally, players with fitness 70% or below, you have to sub them out, but you cant do that with my tactics, you can only sub them out when their fitness are around 65% to 60%. What if there are alot of players with low fitness? Priority: Sub your CB 1st, then your Forward. When your Forward doesnt have much speed left, the most, you will reduced your scoring rate; but if your CB is without speed, your defense will be shattered into pieces. Of course, when you are losing, dont care about your defense, sub your attacking players.

DO NOT use 1 tactic for the whole season, as AI will get used to your tactic. No matter how strong or weak is your opponent, you must use Normal tactic 1st. Change to Control when winning, and can also prevent AI from getting used to your tactic.

In order to encourage more on hands-on tactic, the official change the setting of the matches to be more challenging for us, thus we cant stay on 1 tactic forever. We can also say this; If you dont change your tactic, AI will get use to it, and will reduce the impact of your tactic; Whereas if you change your tactic, AI cant get used to your tactic so easily, and thus the impact of your tactic will increase. Therefore, sometime when you made a wrong set-up of your tactic, your performance in-game might become better!

Whenever we score a goal, AI will set to chase after you, so, to counter them, you have to lower your mentality (which is swtich to "Control" tactic). If they manage to level the score, switch back to Normal tactic immediately, and the chances of leading them back will increase too.

We usually use our last sub during 60-70 min, because after you used up your last sub, the AI will 10000% become ruthless!

When your player misses a penalty, rating will decrease alot; Thus, you can consider to sub them out too.

Due to the creator of tactics always been suspected to use cheats, therefore i would prefer using the results from others players to prove my tactics.
Thanks for their tests!
They are from SI forum

“i was bored so I tested all tactics ”
http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/242099-i-was-bored-so-itested-all-tactics
thanks mate for all of your team talks, it's really works fine with my team.. "BURNLEY" have not being beaten in the 2017 season, in this thread you say that we have to change our tactics in the middle of the game, you use the "control tactics" right? do we have to change our tactic always? and can i download that "control tactics" thanks for being my source of playing FM 2011 mate.. cheers

Hi dude, thanks for your tactic, I have started to use it with my Leicester team after my old formation stopped working. Couple of queries:

Do you recommend people tweaking the formation slightly? Eg.

1. One defender playing as cover instead of both as stoppers..?

2. The striker being playmaker.. would that not be better for the MC to do? Especially as mine has creativity 18!

Thanks

Similar problem, but when I was in Serie A with Foggia I place in 3th position at the half (media prevision 10th, I was 4th in the previous season with the Devasto) , with the problem of scoring (that I think depend mostly on patch 11.2) but when I tweak this tactic to a 4-3-3 I win the the League and the Champions, scoring at least 30% more goals than the default ghost.
Maybe, each team has it own "ghost" tactic and you can search for yours. ;-)

Ok, I said my strikers stroke straight at the goalkeeper. This is true, but with almost no changes (not in positions) I am 32 games into the season and have goal difference of +64, which means in each game I score at least 2 goals more than the opponent. Still I have so many situations that I should score more. But this is enough for me and finally strikers (not defenders!) have highest amount of goals. Teaching players to place shots works well.
Still, thanks for advice, I am now really thinking about making some major changes to the tactic and see how it goes.

PS.
Thie biggest problem I have is finding a suitable right att mitfielder. There are only a few left foted players with good characteristics. I have two, both of them injured for months and can;t find anyone to replace them (so I play a right footed players and they score less goals). I am a bit worried for the future, as my scouts cannot find a single player that would be good for that position.

I LOVE THIS TACTIC!

more than that devasto... devasto is just an all out attack tactic...

this ghost tactic focuses on passing n gaining alot of possession, n the players r not easily tired... n yes, they do play like barcelona, passing the ball n moving ard...

but some improvements, one more DC to stand at far post to assist the DC which is attacking far post... n thus creating one more scoring chance.

n make ppl stand at the far post n near post when defending corners!

but overall good job!

Has anyone tried not swapping the strikers? I was going to use one to attack the far post instead of my center back, just wondering if it would have a bad affect on the strikers scoring goals or whatever?

nice tactic bro, first season with arsenal finished first the barclays premier league and runner-up in the champions league, losing to barcelona on final
but i have been thinking, if fabregas plays as a central midfielder, he continues as a fine player, but he doesn't play what he can at all, so do you think if i use him as a deep-lying playmaker or as an advanced playmaker, i can make he performs at his best, without compromise the heart of the tactic?

nice tactic bro, first season with arsenal finished first the barclays premier league and runner-up in the champions league, losing to barcelona on final
but i have been thinking, if fabregas plays as a central midfielder, he continues as a fine player, but he doesn't play what he can at all, so do you think if i use him as a deep-lying playmaker or as an advanced playmaker, i can make he performs at his best, without compromise the heart of the tactic?

I think all of the settings are changed? Look in the advanced bit of the Cm role. If they all are, changing the role won't make any difference what so ever.