FM13 Pre-Order Codes and BETA Access Questions

Well yeah, it's **** up anyway because people are treating the whole "00:01 19th October" thing as gospel. Cue a load of excited teenagers sat up at the computer later tonight, filling in the time with their right hand whilst refreshing with their left. When it doesn't arrive at that time (it still might, who knows) the whole internet will go into meltdown.

There is another factor though, which only I seem to be taking into account. I have dealt with beta's on Steam for several years now and any beta is treated completely differently to a normal release. Some beta's are driven from command lines and some are widespread like this one. However, all beta's are treated as a low priority and will have reduced bandwidth if the capacity isn't there. Luckily, there doesn't seem to be a mainstream new release scheduled though, so it may not be as much of an issue.

SI have never done a mainstream BETA release before, there's been GOLD BETA's for testers and press release code for reviews etc before release, but never something like this.

So i imagine like most things SI try for the first time, there will be a relatively minor hiccup. But the FM playing public at large will act like its the end of the world in the days/weeks it takes to fix it.

Bar about 1%, i don't think anyone will think for a second that this is anything but the finished game. The word BETA is completely irrelevant to most.

I've got my caffeine pills ready to answer the 100's of silly threads that are gonna pop up over the next few days.

activated the beta key and the game is labled as "Football Manager 2013 pre-oder" is that supposed to be right?

Thats what mine says, and i got my code (inc BETA access) this morning.

If I buy FM13 tonight here (19:00h), will I get tonight my beta code?

Just been browsing around different forums and oh dear god. If it's not out tonight there's going to be such crying over spilt milk. It's just incredible-never seen anything like it.

Hey.

I'm thinking 'bout Pre-Order the game through FM-Base.
But I have one question in mind about the Beta-Version. Hopefully you know the answer...

I read, that the Beta-Game is nearly like the full version. What's about the Playerdata? Are their all players with their actual strength implemented?

Thanks, Totenkopfgitarrist

Hey.

I'm thinking 'bout Pre-Order the game through FM-Base.
But I have one question in mind about the Beta-Version. Hopefully you know the answer...

I read, that the Beta-Game is nearly like the full version. What's about the Playerdata? Are their all players with their actual strength implemented?

Thanks, Totenkopfgitarrist

Yes. Player data will be the same as release.

This may be a stupid question but how do I enter my activation code into steam?

I ordered from here about a week ago, and have yet to receive any information, corfirmation or code through email. Getting very concerned, can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Just got an email from Green Man Gaming with my key, very excited now! XD

Pre-ordered my game on Zavvi on the 15th October. Will I get a beta code? On the website it says "Football Manager 2013 (Pre Order and Receive Early Access Beta) PC"

Never ordered from this site before. I usually pay more and buy from Steam Store or Game/Gamestation.

Football Manager 2013 (Pre Order and Receive Early Access Beta) PC | Zavvi.com

So far I do not have an email. I know in the early posts people mentioned that they may not arrive until the beta is released. I just want to make sure.

This may be a stupid question but how do I enter my activation code into steam?

- Click on the + ADD A GAME button in the lower-left corner of the Steam client (on the Library view).
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.

- Click on the + ADD A GAME button in the lower-left corner of the Steam client (on the Library view).
- Choose Activate a Product on Steam
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Thanks a load Sean, I couldn't work it out.

I ordered from here about a week ago, and have yet to receive any information, corfirmation or code through email. Getting very concerned, can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Please check your email inbox and spam folders. Any emails will of been sent from [email protected]

Pre-ordered my game on Zavvi on the 15th October. Will I get a beta code? On the website it says "Football Manager 2013 (Pre Order and Receive Early Access Beta) PC"

Never ordered from this site before. I usually pay more and buy from Steam Store or Game/Gamestation.

Football Manager 2013 (Pre Order and Receive Early Access Beta) PC | Zavvi.com

So far I do not have an email. I know in the early posts people mentioned that they may not arrive until the beta is released. I just want to make sure.

Maybe drop Zavvi an email to find out what's going on. :)

I've been checking both regularly, and still nothing. Is there a guarentee on it arriving before 12?

Maybe you typed your email address in wrong? Have you been charged? Check paypal, bank statements etc.

Football Manager - fill this form out for further help.

The whole of twitter seems to think the beta will be released at 6pm today I'm not expecting it till about Monday if I'm honest, I'd hate to be @fourfourfm if its not out at 6 his twitter will crash!

so, purchased through steam, no unlock code in the email, but im assuming it will just become downloadable when the time becomes available?

The whole of twitter seems to think the beta will be released at 6pm today I'm not expecting it till about Monday if I'm honest, I'd hate to be @fourfourfm if its not out at 6 his twitter will crash!

The best part about that is, the button could be potentially pressed then. :) The funniest part is, nobody really has a clue when, all part of the fun.