FM13 Pre-Order Codes and BETA Access Questions

Correct. It will start downloading once available, you are unable to pre-load it, but you can pre-activate it and leave steam open so when it does get activated, it should download automatically.

Cheers for the info.

Received a code from green man gaming. It says it for Football Manager 2013 when its available to download on the 2nd Novemebr.
I'm guessing the code for the beta version will be different?

Enter the code you have just received into steam. From the info I have seen, this should open up the FM13 beta to you to download when it become available.

Activated the key. Bring on tonight!

How sure are we that the beta comes tonight really?
Also wondering if its possible to use the same "graphics" etc facepacks and such in fm 2013 as in the 2012 version?

How sure are we that the beta comes tonight really?
Also wondering if its possible to use the same "graphics" etc facepacks and such in fm 2013 as in the 2012 version?

We're not, really, but everywhere I've seen has said either this evening/night/very early tomorrow morning (some have even stated 00:01 am Friday 19th).

And they may do; I've used facepacks and kits from FM11 in FM12, so it may be the same for this year's edition.

decided to cancel my order with the hut and support fm base

graphics shouldn't be a problem. I was still rocking some FM10 graphics on FM12 until a few months ago.

No-one is entirely sure if the BETA release date/time, except Miles. But the release of the keys today is an encouraging sign.

graphics shouldn't be a problem. I was still rocking some FM10 graphics on FM12 until a few months ago.

No-one is entirely sure if the BETA release date/time, except Miles. But the release of the keys today is an encouraging sign.

Even Miles doesn't know! It will be released when it's ready! ;)

(some have even stated 00:01 am Friday 19th).

Only because it is a rumour that escalated. As soon as it was announced that there would be a beta "around two weeks before release", people completely ignored the "around" part and decided that it will be released on the 19th. They then went one further and decided that not only will it be out on the 19th, it will be the first minute of the day, regardless of timezone. ****, if you are in Australia, they should already be disappointed it hasn't arrived! All of this rumour was without any substance whatsoever.

Truth is, the thing could arrive in the next 5 minutes. By the same token, it could arrive on Monday. God help the forums if that happens.

Only because it is a rumour that escalated. As soon as it was announced that there would be a beta "around two weeks before release", people completely ignored the "around" part and decided that it will be released on the 19th. They then went one further and decided that not only will it be out on the 19th, it will be the first minute of the day, regardless of timezone. ****, if you are in Australia, they should already be disappointed it hasn't arrived! All of this rumour was without any substance whatsoever.

Truth is, the thing could arrive in the next 5 minutes. By the same token, it could arrive on Monday. God help the forums if that happens.

Make this man a mod.

God help the forums regardless mate, just like every year, the same old questions are going to be asked, constantly, whether we make stickies or not.

Miles must hate release days, so many repeated questions

[video=youtube_share;koJlIGDImiU]http://youtu.be/koJlIGDImiU[/video]

Marry me?

Make this man a mod.

God help the forums regardless mate, just like every year, the same old questions are going to be asked, constantly, whether we make stickies or not.

Well yeah, it's **** up anyway because people are treating the whole "00:01 19th October" thing as gospel. Cue a load of excited teenagers sat up at the computer later tonight, filling in the time with their right hand whilst refreshing with their left. When it doesn't arrive at that time (it still might, who knows) the whole internet will go into meltdown.

There is another factor though, which only I seem to be taking into account. I have dealt with beta's on Steam for several years now and any beta is treated completely differently to a normal release. Some beta's are driven from command lines and some are widespread like this one. However, all beta's are treated as a low priority and will have reduced bandwidth if the capacity isn't there. Luckily, there doesn't seem to be a mainstream new release scheduled though, so it may not be as much of an issue.

activated the beta key and the game is labled as "Football Manager 2013 pre-oder" is that supposed to be right?