You could, in real life, select 10 strikers and a keeper, you'd get humped. All I'm saying is that the tactic is not logical nor realistic, and on paper it shouldn't be getting very good results at all (as in real life, it would get raped by a manager with half a brain).

10 strikers? good example. But, this tactic uses only 3 strikes. And many teams in real life run with 3 forwards and get great results. And again in terms of roles. Managers don't release their roles in real life. You cant just go to the Barcelona website, and there be a tactic page that details everything LOL. So, saying that no team uses those roles is completely baseless.

10 strikers? good example. But, this tactic uses only 3 strikes. And many teams in real life run with 3 forwards and get great results. And again in terms of roles. Managers don't release their roles in real life. You cant just go to the Barcelona website, and there be a tactic page that details everything LOL. So, saying that no team uses those roles is completely baseless.

Stop being so thick.

If you look at the roles and formation, it shouldn't work in FM and it would not work in real life.

If you think a team with 2 centre backs, two full backs acting as nearly as wingers, no sitting/holding midfielder, 3 advanced/pressing midfielders, and 3 central strikers would work/get "great" results you need your head checked, and show how clueless you really are.

This is a video game bud. It is purely fantasy. YOU and I are the managers and get to do WHATEVER we want. If something was completely unrealistic, SI wouldn't allow it. You bring up 10 strikers. First off, you can't have more than 3 in the game. So... Secondly, even if you can (I think previous versions allowed 5......which at one point in real life has been used with success) you will get destroyed. We aren't getting destroyed in this 3 striker tactic lol. It is a mix or real life formations and real life roles and instructions. Which are decisions managers in real life get to make. Just because one manager isn't doing it, or even 100 managers aren't doing it, doesnt mean another manager has to follow that trend. So, considering that, when playing this game, just because there is a formation that isn't commonly used, doesn't make in unrealistic if we decide to use it LOL. I understand your train of thought. There are a lot of people out there like that. It is ok to branch out and be creative. Managers in real life do it too. There is a first time for everything. How do you think all these amazing real life formations and systems started? They started by one manager going against the norm, while everyone telling them that they will fail because NO ONE plays football that way.

Stop being so thick.

If you look at the roles and formation, it shouldn't work in FM and it would not work in real life.

If you think a team with 2 centre backs, two full backs acting as nearly as wingers, no sitting/holding midfielder, 3 advanced/pressing midfielders, and 3 central strikers would work/get "great" results you need your head checked, and show how clueless you really are.

ding ding ding...."Shouldn't". Those are the same words that many famous managers and pioneers of this sport were told when they created a tactic/system that was "unrealistic"

And, no disrespect intended, but it is clear that I am not the thick headed. I am the one keeping in open and creative mind. You are the one that is stuck on the old ways, stuck on the norm and afraid to think that something against the trend can work.

This is a video game bud. It is purely fantasy. YOU and I are the managers and get to do WHATEVER we want. If something was completely unrealistic, SI wouldn't allow it. You bring up 10 strikers. First off, you can't have more than 3 in the game. So... Secondly, even if you can (I think previous versions allowed 5......which at one point in real life has been used with success) you will get destroyed. We aren't getting destroyed in this 3 striker tactic lol. It is a mix or real life formations and real life roles and instructions. Which are decisions managers in real life get to make. Just because one manager isn't doing it, or even 100 managers aren't doing it, doesnt mean another manager has to follow that trend. So, considering that, when playing this game, just because there is a formation that isn't commonly used, doesn't make in unrealistic if we decide to use it LOL. I understand your train of thought. There are a lot of people out there like that. It is ok to branch out and be creative. Managers in real life do it too. There is a first time for everything. How do you think all these amazing real life formations and systems started? They started by one manager going against the norm, while everyone telling them that they will fail because NO ONE plays football that way.

All I'm saying is your claim that the tactic is realistic is wrong. The tactic works not because of any great tactical insight, but because the match engine can't handle it. As I said again, put that formation and group of roles onto a pitch, and you will get slaughtered. I see FM as a simulation that should be enjoyed whilst trying to beat fairly, but I understand some people want results and will resort to such tactics (see how successful Diablo was for example!).

Look, i understand you style of playing. You want your tactic to be 100% exactly like a tactic that a real life manager uses for his club. Playing a save like that actually seems pretty fun. But, I (and many others) have always been the types that think outside of the box and want to try something out of the norm. Trying something out of the norm =/= unrealistic. Different doesn't mean unrealistic. There are many real life managers that try something that hasn't been done. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. So, I have saves where I like to try tactics that are different. But not of them are obsurdly crazy and something you have and will never see in real life.

All I'm saying is your claim that the tactic is realistic is wrong. The tactic works not because of any great tactical insight, but because the match engine can't handle it. As I said again, put that formation and group of roles onto a pitch, and you will get slaughtered. I see FM as a simulation that should be enjoyed whilst trying to beat fairly, but I understand some people want results and will resort to such tactics (see how successful Diablo was for example!).

I get what you are saying. But there is no way to prove that. I am not saying you are wrong. Just saying it is something me and you cannot determine 100%. It is a realistic formation used with specific roles that happen to win games. Isn't that the point? Nothing obsurdly fake is being implemented, so you claiming that is unrealistic is baseless.

Last edited:
Look, i understand you style of playing. You want your tactic to be 100% exactly like a tactic that a real life manager uses for his club. Playing a save like that actually seems pretty fun. But, I (and many others) have always been the types that think outside of the box and want to try something out of the norm. Trying something out of the norm =/= unrealistic. Different doesn't mean unrealistic. There are many real life managers that try something that hasn't been done. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. So, I have saves where I like to try tactics that are different. But not of them are obsurdly crazy and something you have and will never see in real life.

You don't get it. I'm all for creativeness with tactics. I love seeing people recreate old tactics. I just like it when there is sense behind it (and it would work/have a chance of working IRL, which this tactic would not), rather than just trying to exploit the match engine.

As I said, you must be joking if you look at the formation and roles (which you must do) and think anything about it is realistic, or would work on the pitch. It works because the match engine can't handle it.

You don't get it. I'm all for creativeness with tactics. I love seeing people recreate old tactics. I just like it when there is sense behind it (and it would work/have a chance of working IRL, which this tactic would not), rather than just trying to exploit the match engine.

But see, that is different. You are going after OLD tactics. some people go after NEW tactics. The same train of though when people though the world was flat. There will be a tactic created by a real manager that you and I have never seen before, and it will change football. That stuff happens a few times a century in every single sport the world. Things change, new ideas and new ways are founded. That is life and that is sports.

And ya, I am not trying to just use something random that exploits the MU. But, tbh, every single tactic created exploits the MU in a sense. A tactic creator will create a 100% real life used "realistic" tactic. They never hit the jackpot the very first time testing that very new tactic. They will then test it out, and then see that it lacks in some places, they will then try different roles and instructions until it works. That in theory is "Exploiting the MU".

But see, that is different. You are going after OLD tactics. some people go after NEW tactics. The same train of though when people though the world was flat. There will be a tactic created by a real manager that you and I have never seen before, and it will change football. That stuff happens a few times a century in every single sport the world. Things change, new ideas and new ways are founded. That is life and that is sports.

And ya, I am not trying to just use something random that exploits the MU. But, tbh, every single tactic created exploits the MU in a sense. A tactic creator will create a 100% real life used "realistic" tactic. They never hit the jackpot the very first time testing that very new tactic. They will then test it out, and then see that it lacks in some places, they will then try different roles and instructions until it works. That in theory is "Exploiting the MU".

This isn't anything to do with someone going after a new tactic, it's to do with someone looking to exploit the match engine.

You've deluded yourself into believing this tactic is realistic because you're having success with it. Once again, no team would ever line up with this formation and set of roles because they would be battered.

I like to use tactics that could work in real life, this one couldn't.

This isn't anything to do with someone going after a new tactic, it's to do with someone looking to exploit the match engine.

You've deluded yourself into believing this tactic is realistic because you're having success with it. Once again, no team would ever line up with this formation and set of roles because they would be battered.

I like to use tactics that could work in real life, this one couldn't.

I never said that THIS tactic is realistic and will work in real life. A poster said that every 4-3-3 tactic in this game is unrealistic. I then stated that 3 STRIKER formations work in real life. Never said anything about THIS tactic being absolutely realistic. All I stated was that this tactic is fun and that I love 3 striker formations and then defended the fact that 3 striker formations are used in real life. That is what I was defending as REALISTIC, not this exact tactic with its exact roles and instructions. How can I determine something like that? No one can, unless it is implemented in real life and used for a good amount of matches. therefore, I would never say that it will work in real life. I was talking 3 striker formations in general. Which someone in here had a very strong issue with all 3 striker formations.

I never said that THIS tactic is realistic and will work in real life. A poster said that every 4-3-3 tactic in this game is unrealistic. I then stated that 3 STRIKER formations work in real life. Never said anything about THIS tactic being absolutely realistic. All I stated was that this tactic is fun and that I love 3 striker formations and then defended the fact that 3 striker formations are used in real life. That is what I was defending as REALISTIC, not this exact tactic with its exact roles and instructions. How can I determine something like that? No one can, unless it is implemented in real life and used for a good amount of matches. therefore, I would never say that it will work in real life. I was talking 3 striker formations in general. Which someone in here had a very strong issue with all 3 striker formations.

Ah right, I see.

You could say 3 striker formations are a bit unrealistic, but that's a total different debate, which I don't wish to get into! (if anyone tries to argue that Barca used a 3 striker formation last night, can we have them banned? :D ).

Ah right, I see.

You could say 3 striker formations are a bit unrealistic, but that's a total different debate, which I don't wish to get into! (if anyone tries to argue that Barca used a 3 striker formation last night, can we have them banned? :D ).

Haha ya, 3 striker formations are a dying breed. But they once were heavily used. And therefore can work if implemented correctly in the right situations. So, it is not unrealistic one bit to try to create a working or even dominating 3 striker formation in this game. Heck, people even try to create the WM formation. Not realistic at all. Probably won't work in this game, or at least take a lot of brains to get it working. But it is fun to try.

Last edited:
Cyril CM Auto-Tweak is amazing tactic but only for the first season. In second season is not very well.

When be a new version for new patch 15.3? :D I can not wait... :)

Cyril CM Auto-Tweak is amazing tactic but only for the first season. In second season is not very well.

When be a new version for new patch 15.3? :D I can not wait... :)

Don't need a new version. It is still doing wonders for me. If anything, it has actually got better after the new patch.

It not working your 2nd season and on has nothing to do with the tactic and everything to do with you developing your roster. This is a very specialized tactic. It requires specific players and not simply a plug and play. You need to properly develop your players and also fill in your holes by bringing in the right players.

Last edited:
Don't need a new version. It is still doing wonders for me. If anything, it has actually got better after the new patch.

It not working your 2nd season and on has nothing to do with the tactic and everything to do with you developing your roster. This is a very specialized tactic. It requires specific players and not simply a plug and play. You need to properly develop your players and also fill in your holes by bringing in the right players.

I have to confirm that . 2th season with Fiorentina , won everything :
54f5e5a935f2d-Serie_A_TIM__Overview_Profile.png

54f5e5bcabe0e-Fiorentina_v_R._Madrid__Overview_Overview.png

Top performers :
54f5e5d930001-Lucas_Romero__Overview_Profile.png

54f5e5ef5d637-Youri_Tielemans__Overview_Profile.png

54f5e6034306b-Simone_Zaza__Overview_Profile.png

54f5e615cd795-Memphis__Overview_Profile.png

Broeckie84 -where did you play Tielemans m8 ive got him in my save.

Looks like he played him at AP and Romero at RP/CM (auto). it shows it on the match results SS he posted.

Yeh i thought he might of played him there. Thats where i play him he can create alot from that deep postion AP. USMNT i thought u were using tiki taka tactic by kun m8

I am. In another save. I am running a couple saves and just switching back and forth. I love the Cyril tweak too much to move on haha. I am committed. Plus I am in year 2022 in this tactic. Not giving up. But I've been thinking about starting a new save using Cyril tweak. As for the tiki save, I haven't started an official one. Been running a test saves and seeing how I like it and what team I should use it for. Also will be starting an unemployed LLM save sometime lol.

Also, this whole time I have been using the original Cyril teak with the RP. Haven't tried to CM (auto) yet. Been meaning to. Jordan Henderson is just doing too amazing of a job to change anything up.

Last edited:
Hi, I just bought the game and saw this thread and people said that this tactic is amazing, I would like to ask if this tactic still works on 15.3 patch? ? Thanks :D

Folhadal's tweaks still work amazing, strikers score for fun.