CPU and GPU could both be better but they're decent and honestly I'm not great at laptop hardware. Looks like a solid set up to me.
Thanks mate, no one ever answers those "help i know nothing about tech" threads lol

I'm with Subtle here. The core game barely improved or even gotten worse than it was 5 years ago. The tactics and player development are far too simplified and leave you with little control. The scouting system is still absolute garbage. . Player interactions are still incredibly inconsistent.

Instead they're constantly adding new features that are just a hassle to deal with. Seriously , is anyone even reading the interviews and press conferences? I just click through that ****, and haven't bothered to look at the text for many years now. Meanwhile, every 2 or 3 editions, they announce huge revamp of pressers that is going to be "amazing". No, it won't.

And a lot of **** that they're adding is incredibly half-assed. So they realized too much micro is a problem and made Director of Football an option. Great, too bad he sucks at his job and can't be trusted to negotiate contracts or transfers. I could understand if he was getting worse deals then I get , but he often fails to secure deals at all, and I have to do everything manually. And while we're on the subject of this being a "simulation", I'm pretty sure Mourinho doesn't have to negotiate contracts.

Lovely stuff. You don't need to put in a real email address or like to get a code too. Just put in [email protected] and you still get the 5% code :)

At some point it will probably go a quid or two cheaper but I don't care, 20 quid is a bargain anyway :)

This don't give access to BETA, or it will do afterwards?

Instead they're constantly adding new features that are just a hassle to deal with. Seriously , is anyone even reading the interviews and press conferences? I just click through that ****, and haven't bothered to look at the text for many years now. Meanwhile, every 2 or 3 editions, they announce huge revamp of pressers that is going to be "amazing". No, it won't.

And a lot of **** that they're adding is incredibly half-assed. So they realized too much micro is a problem and made Director of Football an option. Great, too bad he sucks at his job and can't be trusted to negotiate contracts or transfers. I could understand if he was getting worse deals then I get , but he often fails to secure deals at all, and I have to do everything manually. And while we're on the subject of this being a "simulation", I'm pretty sure Mourinho doesn't have to negotiate contracts.

I do press conferences and i use them to boost morale. Are they the same week after week? Yes, but getting a database of different questions for 5 game years is too much, no?

More random questions, more sarcastic ones fine, but playing conference manager...

Concerning the DoF, agree 100%. I just use the guy to get loans for my players, i take car of the rest. I do let the Director of the youth to sign players and the contracts are always bigger that i would offer... but its fine to have a 16 years old kid with 100k per week :p

Now you're bringing in pointless err... points. SI aim to make the game more realistic each year. That means that it's not there yet and it'll probably never be. That isn't the point. Moving away from sliders to football terminology WAS more realistic. It also gets it closer to your example of contextual commands as it'll apply within the context of that role. Eventually we'll have all 4 phases of play to directly control and not just 2.

They ARE striving for realism, like it or not.

Bullshit. They are aiming to make the game more desirable so they can sell it even more. And that's perfectly fine as long as game is good.

Every time the old "sliders vs instructions" discussion pops up, I inevitably remember the introduction of the Half-Back as a prime example for why the new "player role + instructions" was introduced. Player Roles aka strict AI scripts had to be implemented to allow for player behaviour that you couldn't produce with the old generic roles and sliders. You couldn't instruct your Central Defenders to position closer to the lines for your DM to drop between them.

Yeah, player roles were a step for more realism, but also an expression of sheer laziness. The whole role/duty system would become obsolete if SI really cared for realism and finally gave us separate positioning for defense, transition and attack as well as custom-designed movement patterns. Also, much more precise instructions. Because, y'know, I'm sorry, but coaching is about details nowadays. Not trying to be disrespectful here, but using the current simplified model ("Oi Bob, you play as an Anchorman tonight, also pass it shorter") in real football today, you'd probably end up fine in lower English leagues and/or Stoke City. But it's nowhere ****** near the detail effort proper managers put onto the training pitch. Do you really think Guardiola would've won a metric ton of trophies if Louis van Gaal and Johann Cruyff had their players treated like overly-distractible elementary schoolers?

So, uh ... in my opinion, although role/duty works fine as a basic framework for general player behaviour and enables us many fancy things, it's just not sufficient as a depiction of actual tactical coaching work. While "realizing it up" would probably require a total revamp of the game core, it is going to be inevitable in the long run anyway. Might also open up new possibilities for SI when it comes to marketing FM for professional and/or educational applications.
No, sliders aren't the way to go either. Customization is.

(Although nobody ever came up with an explanation why 20 slider steps are way too much, but player attributes in the old 1-20 range are non-debatable.)

Last edited:
I'd love it if they could rejig the morale thingy a bit. It's a bit nonsensical for your player to be snide and sarcastic after telling him he had a good game only for him to disagree and have morale lowered. Same applies to winning but conceding lots of goals say 4-3. You can't tell your defence they did **** without ******* off the entire dressing room.

Also if there was a way to make players who left your club for the sake of money, feel bad when they flop, that'd be sweet. Nothing I love more than seeing my so called star player cause a ruckus to leave for man city only to appear 3 times in 4 seasons and be sold off for a fraction of what he was supposedly worth. If I could make snide comments to the press about it it'd be all the sweeter.

Bullshit. They are aiming to make the game more desirable so they can sell it even more. And that's perfectly fine as long as game is good.
More desirable with additional features, yes. The aim is still to get it more and more realistic every year.

Every time the old "sliders vs instructions" discussion pops up, I inevitably remember the introduction of the Half-Back as a prime example for why the new "player role + instructions" was introduced. Player Roles aka strict AI scripts had to be implemented to allow for player behaviour that you couldn't produce with the old generic roles and sliders. You couldn't instruct your Central Defenders to position closer to the lines for your DM to drop between them.

Agreed. This was part of the reason.

Yeah, player roles were a step for more realism, but also an expression of sheer laziness. The whole role/duty system would become obsolete if SI really cared for realism and finally gave us separate positioning for defense, transition and attack as well as custom-designed movement patterns. Also, much more precise instructions. Because, y'know, I'm sorry, but coaching is about details nowadays. Not trying to be disrespectful here, but using the current simplified model ("Oi Bob, you play as an Anchorman tonight, also pass it shorter") in real football today, you'd probably end up fine in lower English leagues and/or Stoke City. But it's nowhere ****** near the detail effort proper managers put onto the training pitch. Do you really think Guardiola would've won a metric ton of trophies if Louis van Gaal and Johann Cruyff had their players treated like overly-distractible elementary schoolers?

You need to also remember the AI. There's a long-term vision in place here. The AI used strict pre-set tactics before. It is 'thinking' and making decisions a lot more now as it can use roles to set up a tactic, where it was helpless before. It's not just about making it more realistic for us, but also to improve the AI.

So, uh ... in my opinion, although role/duty works fine as a basic framework for general player behaviour and enables us many fancy things, it's just not sufficient as a depiction of actual tactical coaching work. While "realizing it up" would probably require a total revamp of the game core, it is going to be inevitable in the long run anyway. Might also open up new possibilities for SI when it comes to marketing FM for professional and/or educational applications.
No, sliders aren't the way to go either. Customization is.
Customization is great if there are parameters the AI can use too. The AI now can customize its own tactics, depending on the players available.

(Although nobody ever came up with an explanation why 20 slider steps are way too much, but player attributes in the old 1-20 range are non-debatable.)
Player attributes are 0.1 to 200.

I'd love it if they could rejig the morale thingy a bit. It's a bit nonsensical for your player to be snide and sarcastic after telling him he had a good game only for him to disagree and have morale lowered. Same applies to winning but conceding lots of goals say 4-3. You can't tell your defence they did **** without ******* off the entire dressing room.
It'll depend on player personality, possibly his rep and your rep (whether you're respected by him then).

Although i have moaned on here i do think FM 15 has been a pretty decent game.

There is only one thing i would like to see, an improvement in the comps ability to create a defence that means my attackers are not so effective and i have to work tactically harder to break the defence down. I constantly have the opposition goalie making double figures saves against me just to keep the scoreline down, i would rather see my attack break down due to an inability to create a decent opportunity

First of all I want to say that Miles dont know his job,I mean every year he releasing product what is unplayable on the start fulll of bugs,full of mistakes with player atributtes and so on. I know that SI want that everbody feel as sucesfull in this game but what is with experience players like me who want more realistic game where manager is constantly under pressure from all sides,this I want to see in future. The game is curently joke,every experienced player will fight for Champions leauge spot in first season even with worse club.This game need some kind of verz hard mode where game saving whill not be posible all the time or prior important games for trophys. Game needs to be more realistic and more harder.

Last edited:
First of all I want to say that Miles dont know his job,I mean every year he releasing product what is unplayable on the start fulll of bugs,full of mistakes with player atributtes and so on. I know that SI want that everbody feel as sucesfull in this game but what is with experience players like me who want more realistic game where manager is constantly under pressure from all sides,this I want to see in future. The game is curently joke,every experienced player will fight for Champions leauge spot in first season even with worse club.This game need some kind of verz hard mode where game saving whill not be posible all the time or prior important games for trophys. Game needs to be more realistic and more harder.

You do realise that there is no such thing as a bug free game? There's games released for PC 2-3 years ago that are still being fixed/patched

And to say Miles doesn't know his job is just absurd tbh.

Maybe the wrong place but do you guys think this would run fm16 well??

Operating system- Windows 8.1
- Free Windows 10 download
SPECIFICATION
Processor- Intel® Core™ i5-4200H Processor
- Dual-core
- 2.8 GHz / 3.4 GHz with Turbo Boost
- 3 MB cacheMemory (RAM)8 GB DDR3
Graphics card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M (2 GB GDDR3)
Storage-
1 TB HDD, 5400 rpm
- 128 GB SSD
That will run FM very well. At what price?