Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

Possibly the ability to manage the U-18s team of ur club and build your reputation from there

it would be good if you could manage womens football. but dont let andy gray play it. wot do you think of it?

building a stadium for your reserves/u18s. and i'd like to have a lack of bugs in fm12

I hope FM12 had this...
In the tactics screen, you can choose the instructions/tactic will be like when attacking and the instructions/tactic will be like when defending.

id like to see an extension on the feeder club options, maybe they send you a report at the end of the season letting you know how your loans are doing. or when picking the "feeder club with successful youth system to sign youngsters" they can give you a few names of the successful players that have come through that youth system...

Right - this is what I think would be good on the new game :)

Job Interviews - Mentioned a fair bit on this thread so far, and I think this could be a great addition to FM2012.

In-Game Kit Designer - Also mentioned, takes time and a lot of effort making kits on AP, and an in-game one would be great :)

Building of Facilities - They had this on the old Total Club Manager 2005 (I think). What happened was, you have a list of facilities that were buildable, and you could choose which ones you wanted to build, for example, team hotels, stadium train station, newspaper stands outside the ground etc. This worked well for me in TCM 2005, would be great to see in the new game as well.

Managing Reserve and Youth Teams solely - Instead of having to be the Manager of the main club, you should be able to apply for reserve and youth team jobs as well.

More Countries Playable (without use of editor) - For me, there are a few decent footballing countries that should be put on automatically. New Zealand is one, Montenegro, Egypt etc.

Stadium Editor - When you can get a new stadium, you should be able to design it too. I think this was possible on TCM 2005 as well.

Media Options - Things like, featuring in TV programs, giving interviews for the TV news etc, appearing on Goals on Sunday, etc.

Local Relations - I think there should be a "local relations" section at every club in the game. For example going a big team like man utd or city, the council may ask you for money to develop surrounding area sports facilites, thus building a relationship with council's and increasing chances of new stadium moves and increasing stadiums. If you choose not to help when the council ask's they then make it a little more trickier to develop your staidum or build new.

Coaching Badges - I think that coaching badges should be in there, so if you place an advert for a job, you can then specify at what level you want applicants (B and above, A and above, etc)

Awards - More glitz and glamour, better summaries, more information on candidates

I'd also like a better finances tab. To see in merchandising what you sell the most and if you have merchandising clubs as your feeders to check how much you get from there. Also more details of your stadium like how many foodstands or club shops or whatever there are inside your stadium. I'd also like to know what the **** the "other" stands for in incomes.

let manager invest money in club or have chance to buy club with carear earnings

not sure if its been said, but no XML parsing errors. Its ruined my game both times ive got it!

The players to pointlessly over kicking the ball and like instead of turning around too pass pass as they runn...
Being able to scout a CLUB to see its rating and too see instantly player ratings...
Being able to criticise the ref...
Having kids or atleast having an option to create a player...
Realistic negotiations...e,g once rejected an offer either a serious offer increase or no offer...
Players getting better due to recent form not potential..,
Players wanting ridiculous pay rise or offers in negotiations
Being able to become a come a youth manger or reserve manger, havving to ask the original manager for players or asking to buy players

Last edited:
Trophy celebrations on the 3D match engine instead of walking off when they win the Champions League ;)

to be able to manage the girls teams !!
Actually love this idea!

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

Right - this is what I think would be good on the new game :)

Job Interviews - Mentioned a fair bit on this thread so far, and I think this could be a great addition to FM2012.

In-Game Kit Designer - Also mentioned, takes time and a lot of effort making kits on AP, and an in-game one would be great :) Always wanted it

Building of Facilities - They had this on the old Total Club Manager 2005 (I think). What happened was, you have a list of facilities that were buildable, and you could choose which ones you wanted to build, for example, team hotels, stadium train station, newspaper stands outside the ground etc. This worked well for me in TCM 2005, would be great to see in the new game as well. Love it

Managing Reserve and Youth Teams solely - Instead of having to be the Manager of the main club, you should be able to apply for reserve and youth team jobs as well. Would be the best improvement ever!

More Countries Playable (without use of editor) - For me, there are a few decent footballing countries that should be put on automatically. New Zealand is one, Montenegro, Egypt etc.

Stadium Editor - When you can get a new stadium, you should be able to design it too. I think this was possible on TCM 2005 as well. Sick idea

Media Options - Things like, featuring in TV programs, giving interviews for the TV news etc, appearing on Goals on Sunday, etc.Love it, maybe being able to sponsor things?

Local Relations - I think there should be a "local relations" section at every club in the game. For example going a big team like man utd or city, the council may ask you for money to develop surrounding area sports facilites, thus building a relationship with council's and increasing chances of new stadium moves and increasing stadiums. If you choose not to help when the council ask's they then make it a little more trickier to develop your staidum or build new.

Coaching Badges - I think that coaching badges should be in there, so if you place an advert for a job, you can then specify at what level you want applicants (B and above, A and above, etc)

Awards - More glitz and glamour, better summaries, more information on candidates

Like on LMA being able to choose a sponsor?

what about regens that visibly age, instead of havin a 30 year old that still looks like a 16 year old. with a wacky afro.

I wish transfers were more realistic in the fact that you have to offer way above the player's valuation in order to buy him but when other clubs offer for your players they always seem to offer the exact value of the player and are reluctant to go much higher. This makes buying and selling players frustrating as my players (of equal ability to those playing for other clubs) are worth far less.

Another irritant in the game (on a similar subject) is that my players seem to depreciate far quicker (and more disproportionately) than other teams. For example at one point in my second season at man united Rooney and Vidic (easily two of the best players on the game) were both worth between £3-4 million.

These are my only two real concerns with the actual gameplay. Of course there are other obvious, though not vital, improvements that would make the game more fun to play such as a greater range of things to say to players during team talks and press conferences (which have become stagnant and particularly boring to play through) as well as improved graphics.

Last edited:
Not much of a feature so much as a nice touch, but the ability to make your own regen face thing for use as your manager's picture.
You can do that theres a thread on SI forums but you need another program

Also I would like activities on tours like trips to wildlife reserve or amuesment park so the team blend and increase in morale

In fm 2012 the options under individual training focus should have a a tackling option... i for one cannot understand why its the only technical attribute left out

Sounds like a very good idea to me.

Would this be an idea for the football manager.
When players celebrate it depends what mood they are in with the manager.
i.e. If they are really happy with you they run up to the bench.
If they are not happy and they have hardly got a game they point to their name on the shirt.
OR
If its a player that got good team spirit he will run to celebrate with the team-mate that set him up.
If they are greedy ( Zlatan Ibrahimovic ) they celebrate on their own.

Is this a good idea ???