Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

Oh and the option to reject all offers with monthly installments.

in a dream world, id like to see a player from lower leauge, with the right training and guidance become the next legend, pa is annoying, and gives you the standard signings eg kadlec, sanogo, babacar, de gea ect who people sign for pretty much every save they have.
Yeaah i agree, but i think the players form should be based on the happiness and fellow players, like two players plaay exceptionally well toghether.

Don't know whether it's been posted however the chance to create a few different start elevens which you can click on before a game so you don't need to mess around with promoting players from the reserves and removing all your big names for a rest etc... Yeah I'm lazy. Noticed three tactics on the match preparation, never tried that so it might be what I'm wanting. Doubt it though.

Don't know whether it's been posted however the chance to create a few different start elevens which you can click on before a game so you don't need to mess around with promoting players from the reserves and removing all your big names for a rest etc... Yeah I'm lazy. Noticed three tactics on the match preparation, never tried that so it might be what I'm wanting. Doubt it though.

I used to save formations with the lineup I wanted on old FMs cause I had so many players. Just save the same tactic with differnt players selected. Used to work anyway....

I used to do it like....

Youth Selections (cup games etc)

Best 11 (league , euro etc)

I used to save formations with the lineup I wanted on old FMs cause I had so many players. Just save the same tactic with differnt players selected. Used to work anyway....

I used to do it like....

Youth Selections (cup games etc)

Best 11 (league , euro etc)
Cheers, I'll have a look into this. Would be a great help if it does work. :)

Cheers, I'll have a look into this. Would be a great help if it does work. :)

No worries mate. It was in 09 or 10 I used to do it because I would have so many young players that I would just create a team where theyre all in the starting 11 - save the tactic with these selected.

Then save your other 11.

When you want to switch just go the the drop down menu - I think its "saved tactics" or possibly now archived tactics.

Choose what you want and you will straight away get the 11 without fiddling. Exept for injurys etc.

Hope I've made it clear! (there may be an easier way to do it, but thats how I used to!)

How about a feature where you can pay a clubs loans off if the money is in the bank?

Or being able to set your own ticket prices?

I know its not really "management" but it would be nice to have the option.

how about the player form in a match ALSO HUGELY depends on their fitness level??
e.g. : in real world, manager usually rotate the squad if the team hv 3,4 matches in 10 days time as to keep the player freshness and sharpness..it is also to avoid injury because of getting tired and jaded..as i hv found, there is no such differences if I played a player even if his condition(fitness) was 60%..

more real life transfer dealings. if you have 4 dutch players in your squad then the likes of wesley sneijder will want to join you

and say arsenal are buying chamberlain i would to see options like "arsenal will pay 1million if they win the league in the next 4 years" and with the likes of man city they have bonus they pay out millions for reaching he champ league spots.

would just love a more in depth transfer market.. its far too easy to sign some players..

also probly the thing thats missing the most... a difficulty setting. for people who want a real challenge have a hard setting, i get sick of finding a tactic that works and never needing to change it, teams that try other tactics like sticking a lanky centre back up front late on if there losing and if you have a young kid and full back they will try to exploit that!

Last edited:
when you do a pay over monthly agreement often in the real world its because the club dont have enough money, i would suggest the option then in game when the club gets the money they can pay it off early which also happens in reality

when you do a pay over monthly agreement often in the real world its because the club dont have enough money, i would suggest the option then in game when the club gets the money they can pay it off early which also happens in reality

And some clubs never get paid in that way:

Cardiff could face penalties over unpaid money to Feyenoord from Glenn Loovens' switch to Celtic

That's just one example of the dozen other transfers were clubs still wait on cash. Some even 10 year old deals.

Last edited:
I've not read through this thread, so I might be double posting a few of these ideas:

1. It be great if your teams reputation adapts, straight after the league has finished, so that players who are out of contract are more likely to sign for you because they know the prospect for next season. Say for example if you've won the Championship, you have to wait until the next season starts (end of june) before higher reputation players will sign for you. So for a month you miss out on players that will sign for a premiership side, but not for a championship side. So when you get promoted, your rep goes up straight after that and not at the start of the new season.

2. An graphical overview of your ground. With the names of the stands, capacity, etc. and maybe an option to suggest to the board to change the names of the stands into one of your legend players. Also an option where you can see how much it would cost to expand a stand and and option to spend a certain amount of the transfer budget to that. Same for youth academy and training facilities.

3. Being able to organize a press-conference when you want to make an announcement. Like when you leave a club or when you're club is not doing to well and you want to give the fans an explanation.

4. Staff attribute increase. Not sure wheter that's allready the case. Or send them on a course to improve their skills (physios for example).

5. Team building. Don't know what exactly but maybe there could be an option in the game where you can work on your team building.

6. Bribery! Bribe players of other teams or refs when you're doing really bad.

An option to increase a players morale by speaking highly of them in a press conference or talking to the press about them..