Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

The only thing that I would like to improve is the big clubs in transfer bids..
Seems to me that when you start a new game the so called big clubs seem to just be signing youngsters.
Apart from a couple of times there is really no movement-just speculation..

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------

In fm 2012 the options under individual training focus should have a a tackling option... i for one cannot understand why its the only technical attribute left out

Yeah I agree..its pretty stupid when you are training a Defender and this isn't an option..

Right - this is what I think would be good on the new game :)

Job Interviews - Mentioned a fair bit on this thread so far, and I think this could be a great addition to FM2012.

In-Game Kit Designer - Also mentioned, takes time and a lot of effort making kits on AP, and an in-game one would be great :)

Building of Facilities - They had this on the old Total Club Manager 2005 (I think). What happened was, you have a list of facilities that were buildable, and you could choose which ones you wanted to build, for example, team hotels, stadium train station, newspaper stands outside the ground etc. This worked well for me in TCM 2005, would be great to see in the new game as well.

Managing Reserve and Youth Teams solely - Instead of having to be the Manager of the main club, you should be able to apply for reserve and youth team jobs as well.

More Countries Playable (without use of editor) - For me, there are a few decent footballing countries that should be put on automatically. New Zealand is one, Montenegro, Egypt etc.

Stadium Editor - When you can get a new stadium, you should be able to design it too. I think this was possible on TCM 2005 as well.

Media Options - Things like, featuring in TV programs, giving interviews for the TV news etc, appearing on Goals on Sunday, etc.

Local Relations - I think there should be a "local relations" section at every club in the game. For example going a big team like man utd or city, the council may ask you for money to develop surrounding area sports facilites, thus building a relationship with council's and increasing chances of new stadium moves and increasing stadiums. If you choose not to help when the council ask's they then make it a little more trickier to develop your staidum or build new.

Coaching Badges - I think that coaching badges should be in there, so if you place an advert for a job, you can then specify at what level you want applicants (B and above, A and above, etc)

Awards - More glitz and glamour, better summaries, more information on candidates

This would all be brilliant! I played Total Club Manager 2004 and that is my favorite manager game of all time and taking some features like the buildings from that would be a great idea. Also being able to spend your wages that you earn instead of just getting a message saying you earn £11,000 a week and not caring.

How about you can see your manager in the ME and he will do some actions if you make subs or put touchline instructions.
A small celebration scene when you win the European Champions Cup would be nice with your manager lifting the trophy and your players cheering.

^^)(H)8-|<)

I wish transfers were more realistic in the fact that you have to offer way above the player's valuation in order to buy him but when other clubs offer for your players they always seem to offer the exact value of the player and are reluctant to go much higher. This makes buying and selling players frustrating as my players (of equal ability to those playing for other clubs) are worth far less.

Another irritant in the game (on a similar subject) is that my players seem to depreciate far quicker (and more disproportionately) than other teams. For example at one point in my second season at man united Rooney and Vidic (easily two of the best players on the game) were both worth between £3-4 million.

It is very realistic, when buying, it just requires making players unsettled etc.. I agree with you about selling though

when your searching for a player and your filtering there should be a filter option saying minimum fee release clause

How about stopping the game from making your players make stupid errors against teams that are better than you, errors that would never happen in real life, just because you're expected to lose to them. The game actually MAKES you lose.. Like the defender just randomly stops running for no reason when chasing the ball so the attacker gets the ball and, of course, scores..

/rant

Also what I'm sure many people have already mentioned, that when you sell your own players you never get nearly as much as what they're worth for them, but when you buy players from other clubs you have to pay over the odds.

Being able to train more in depth, for example setting passing triangles like Barcalona when Alves has the ball he always either pass's to Xavi/Iniesta or Messi and they use triangles of pass's to create space for a long ball to Villa or Pedro through the middle.

More focus on specific game trait's instead of just 'attacking' because attack comes in many differant forms, having more variety would really improve gameplay and ability to create perfect teams.

Pitch invasions after promotion? Be realistic with it though, only have it in lower leagues and not grounds like San Siro etc etc

The ability to play holidaying games in background while playing a different save!

How about stopping the game from making your players make stupid errors against teams that are better than you, errors that would never happen in real life, just because you're expected to lose to them. The game actually MAKES you lose.. Like the defender just randomly stops running for no reason when chasing the ball so the attacker gets the ball and, of course, scores..

/rant

Also what I'm sure many people have already mentioned, that when you sell your own players you never get nearly as much as what they're worth for them, but when you buy players from other clubs you have to pay over the odds.
Too True...agree %100

I would say, add a feature to do auto subs, say you set certain player to come on as a sub every game after 70 mins, would make it more realistic.

Just a small touch to make it more realistic.

The FA can fine players for something posted on a social networking site. Then you have to option whether to punish them as you can when they get a red card.

Perfect example ... sort out the transfers
i just started a new season with Gillingham league 2 with 3 million i put a bid in for Rhys Murphy valued 1 million, Arsenal rejected saying they want 7 million.
That's just ridiculous...its need to be set more realisticly ... i know i asked for 7 million for a player the team wanting to buy would reject why should i have to pay so much!

Hi,

Just a quick topic which has had me thinking and may well exist already in FM2011.

In example, the new owners at Blackburn after buying the club had a sit down with Sam Allardyce to discuss the clubs future. I'm not sure whether this exists because I'm stubbling through my first save as reading and only a season and a half through! I think it would be a good addition on a number of levels.

1) Applying for a new job, you're asked to an interview and asked relevant questions from the board i.e. why do you want to come here? What style of football are you planning? What are your asprirations? etc. Then if they decide to employ you, your expectations and budgets are calculated from this.

2)When your approaching a new contract or when you are in a precarious position. I.e. What are you going to change? Why have you failed? and again What are your aspirations?

3) Similar to the above but when a new owner has taken charge, they can arrange a sit down which ultimately makes the decision whether to keep you on or keep you on a trial etc. It would also be good for the user to have to look into the personaility of the owners and decide you need to change your style in order to match their opinions.

What do you guys reckon?

Three great ideas, especially job interviews and club take-overs.

• I'd like to see the option maybe adding extra leagues during a game save.
  • Player interactions also could be tweaked a bit more, some more conversation options would be helpful.
  • More help with staff, comparing staff.
  • Also making specific job posts, when searching for new staff.

Wouldn't mind a "rest squad" option so I can keep them fresh over the winter period without doing it individually.

You can do that by pressing ctrl+A and click a random player and they are all selected, then right click > squad > rest