Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

I'd really like to be able to setup my history as a football player in a more in-depth manner than simply choosing what level of football I played.

I'd like to be able to add the clubs I played for, what position I played etc. Teams seem to swing towards hiring managers who used to play for them for a long time so I'd like to be able to be a former man utd player for example, to increase my chance of getting a job with them should the opportunity arise. (I like to start from the lower leagues as most new managers irl do and work my way up).

Stop the annoying glitchy goal where you take a goal kick, the defender of the other team clears it and the striker runs onto the clearance and scores. Unrealisitic and frustrating.

Sorry if double post...

- I just wonder if is good the every player has different instruction saved when they introduce in line up.
for example you play lass diarra as defensive midfield (tweaked PI's) the you sub him with khedira as anchorman with different PI's.

- Graphic, for sure. Players, Kits (HD would be great) Pitch, Stadium, Digital Adboards.

- And the most important, PROCESSING TIME, lots of my time wasted for this. i don't see much difference with dual core processor and quad core advantage (there's a difference but it still too long), also the same with higher dual channel ram and single channel...due to it's large database process they really should focus to gain more advantage from GPU for faster processing not just allocated for graphic.

Last edited:
Lately i was thinking about some changes that would make Football manager more realistic and challenging.

This is my list:

1º)Players and staff should have their attributes and personalities hidden. We should listen carfully to what staff and players have to say, and observe the matches, take notes and others, like realy managers do to obtain information.

2º)In lower leagues i can make money real fast just by arrange lot's of friendlys against the same foreigner club. That's not realistic. For example, if i play one friendly match with my sub-19 team against a foreigner club that pay me 20K for the traveling, i can make lot's of money if i keep playing against him. In reality this never happen, after some friendlys they don't have more money, but in FM they have infinite money to give us with that method.

3º)Training section should be improved. If we could see players training it would help us find more about the players (assuming hidden attributes).
We should have the option to plan weekly training, choose specific exercises, and get help of our staff if we feel to overwhelmed.
Testing some tactics during training would be intresting too.

And that's all. I know that some ppl would like the challeng of these changes. Others would prefer less work. But it will take FM to a new level of realism.

Lately i was thinking about some changes that would make Football manager more realistic and challenging.

This is my list:

1º)Players and staff should have their attributes and personalities hidden. We should listen carfully to what staff and players have to say, and observe the matches, take notes and others, like realy managers do to obtain information.

2º)In lower leagues i can make money real fast just by arrange lot's of friendlys against the same foreigner club. That's not realistic. For example, if i play one friendly match with my sub-19 team against a foreigner club that pay me 20K for the traveling, i can make lot's of money if i keep playing against him. In reality this never happen, after some friendlys they don't have more money, but in FM they have infinite money to give us with that method.

3º)Training section should be improved. If we could see players training it would help us find more about the players (assuming hidden attributes).
We should have the option to plan weekly training, choose specific exercises, and get help of our staff if we feel to overwhelmed.
Testing some tactics during training would be intresting too.

And that's all. I know that some ppl would like the challeng of these changes. Others would prefer less work. But it will take FM to a new level of realism.

All of the above should at the very least be optional, though personally I wouldn't like to see any of it added to the game.

Just had an idea what If you could start out as the U19 Manager of a team would be pretty good as you would have to bring in youth for that team aswell.

Also when you create a manager you get stats like the AI managers in the game get so you start at 5 in every one and are given 5 to assign to any one you want then as you progress in the game your'e stats get higher depending on what style of football you play and what way you train etc.

What you think????

I love fm 2011, but im new to it. I feel this this is an improvement list for 2012 imo;

A checklist
For when starting over at a new club, in your inbox eg;
'Your assisstant has reminded you to take a look at your pre-season friendlies fixture list. The chairman states the current list of friendlies is not going to bring in many gate receipts. However, due to the current wage budget, the board predict that the club will make a profit of 5000' (dont have a pound sign on gf laptop). Your assisstant adds that playing a match every 2 days is most beneficial to the conditioning of the players, alternating between the 1st team and reserve/youth team, so each team plays a match every 4 days.'

Coach/assisstant manager training
Your assisstant has mentioned that '....................' would like to go on a coaching course in order to help the club out on training in the future. (this could be an ageing player) The player wants to chat about this'. (Chat to player with following options);

Goalkeeping coaching; fitness coaching/player judgement training etc All staff attributes are set to 1 as default
Then the following intensity levels;

'You will be on a very intense course with us, learning this skill, that it takes 20% of your training time' (staff stats increase)
'You will spend some time with us, learning this skill, that it takes 10% of your training time' (staff stats increase but not as much)

Physio training
Simular thing but do first aid course (costs little/little change in stats)
Scouting training
Simular thing but get to go to matches with scouts takes up training time. Improves player judgement etc.

More tactic saves. Maybe 4 slots instead of 3
Transfers

Easier to sell players FOR MONEY. Their should be bidding wars eg if one team bids 50,000 then you either accept/reject and take away renegioate option.

Then the next day someone else or the same club come back with 60,000, knowing that 50,000 is not enough to lure the player away.

It should also say on a bid 'this is the most this club can offer', meaning either they have no more money or they dont want to pay more. eg;

-Barnet have offered 50,000 for '............', you have said no.
-Grimsby have offered 60,000, but 10,000 to be paid in 48 months, you have said no.
-Mansfield have offered 100,000. You have said no
-Hartlepool have offered 110,000 but all money to be paid in 12 months. This will be their highest bid (meaning, it is their highest bid) you have said no.
-Barnet have offered 115,000. You have said no.
-Torquay have offered 117,000. This will be their highest bid. You have said no.
-Barnet have offered 120,000. This will be their highest bid. You have agreed.

The choice to report a club who ****** one of your young talents from the academy under compensation, or the risk of it happening to you.

The choice to report a club who ****** one of your young talents from the academy under compensation, or the risk of it happening to you.

Would be good to have some more of the legal side incorporated..

I Think they should scrap a 3d view, its a waste of time and makes the league to long, you feel like you are not getting anywere, unless you are a heavy gamer and have no life! also what frustrates me is how your tactics are so stiff, you should be able to place your men anywer on the pitch, not jus the tactics you have set, ive been hoping this would be done in the last fiew years, but im just one person and no it takes alot more people to get what you want...
More variety to talk to players, ino you have only just put this in the game but that should be a defo improvement for next time...

A 'Where are they now?' kind of thing would be great. Like, you ask your scout to check out (for example) your academy rejects and see how they are doing (how much they are worth, what club they are at, how much they get paid, etc). I think FIFA Manager does this, and it would be great to see in FM12.

I Think they should scrap a 3d view, its a waste of time and makes the league to long, you feel like you are not getting anywere, unless you are a heavy gamer and have no life! also what frustrates me is how your tactics are so stiff, you should be able to place your men anywer on the pitch, not jus the tactics you have set, ive been hoping this would be done in the last fiew years, but im just one person and no it takes alot more people to get what you want...
More variety to talk to players, ino you have only just put this in the game but that should be a defo improvement for next time...
What is wrong with 3d view? If you like shorter matches just use highlights or key view modes. Tactics are not stiff at all. There is no need to place players anywhere on the pitch as the positions displayed on the tactics screen do not necessarily represent where they will be in the match. Things such as player role, duty, closing down, and probably must influentially, mentality will determine how far forward or far back a player will stand from his assigned position and how far he will wander from it.

I think the fans should have some role in the game.. i am not sure what but i think it would be pretty goof if they added something in that point.

A 'Where are they now?' kind of thing would be great. Like, you ask your scout to check out (for example) your academy rejects and see how they are doing (how much they are worth, what club they are at, how much they get paid, etc). I think FIFA Manager does this, and it would be great to see in FM12.

I swear you can do this already. :S

Edit: go to the club you are managing then history-best eleven then in the bottom right corner there's a button for this.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyones already suggested this but better transfer and contract negotiations. Like having meetings with clubs about players your interested in, and having a meeting with players and agents.

And already mentioned, lincenses for logos, faces and national teams would be nice aswell.

Transfers is a problem i feel. Scrap the negotition option, just have a 'yes' or 'no' option. If you say 'no', all clubs should know that you either wont sell a guy or will sell at a higher price. Should be reset for each season, so you have options to change your mind (ie sell at a lower price if a player gets older). Bidding wars also. If one club bids at a certain amount, the next club should bid for more.

Also should be more generous offers. If a player is worth so much, it should reflect that to some degree in the bids. If lots of teams are battling for a certain player, the player should really be sold more then what he is worth.

I mean alot of my players are worth nothing, but i have like 10-15 clubs after some of them so really i should get good offers and each offer should be greater then the last.