Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

My changes

I wouldn't like to see a personal side to fm until they perfect the managerial side which is still lacking. There are some changes that still need to be made.
1- i was managing racing in la liga and i bought this morrocan kid from some village club as he was a very good prospect. I immediately offered him a starting role in the team therefore i was giving him his chance to breakthrough into a successfull footballer. I won the spanish cup with him and he's still not recognized me as one of his favorite personel which is unrealisitc. Players tend to like the coaches who gave themtheir big chance into the big leagues.

2-We've all seen how owners, finances and protests have played apart this season. Yet still in fm owners and takeovers are not something major. Also in terms of finances when a successfull team is in debt i would like to see it affecting the club in some way, for example major player wants to be transfer listed a la rooney due to the player seeing that the team is heading downhill. Make it so that owners, finances, takeovers and protests are incorprated into the game while also not imposing on freedom in fm.

3- job interviews and make owners stats viewable. I would like job interviews incorporated as many have said. Also if i am a top manager a la mourinho who's out of a job i would like to impose terms on desperate major clubs who are out of a coach mid-season. Like forcing the manager not to interfere with finances and transfers, also a pay raise of i get a downward club back up the table by the end of the season.

4- Manager reputation, many clubs target young successful managers who might not have won many or any trophies. Eg Vila Boas being speculated to go to liverpool etc. In fm i would be a young manager, took racing out of relegation to top 10 finish, won the spanish cup and am now in the knock out stages i. Europa league beating AC milan but still top clubs don't even hint at hiring me this is unrealistic as many clubs want young successful manager who might begin a sort of legacy at their club.

i'd like to see a more realistic level of expectation for international managers, particularly of smaller nations.

For example, as Andorra manager i lost 4 out of my first 5 games, but beat macedonia 1 nil in a Euro qualifier. The board confidence level thingy said i should be performing slightly better in my role as manager. I'm fairly sure that if andorra were to beat macedonia in a qualifier the manager would pretty much be hailed a god and be said to be doing well regardless of their other results in the qualifers.

amazing game though, very minor point

i know this isn't relevant to the topic but does anyone know roughly when will FM 2012 will be released?

It's getting there but realistic transfer negotiations. E.g. having a meeting with another clubs manager/owner and discussing values and terms. Other than that, I'd say FM 2011 is very nearly perfect and shouldn't be drasticly changed.

not sure if its been said but every week they should upload the current table and you can play on from there

Since I usually get around to making a Real Madrid save, I'd like to see more control over Castilla and the C team. Like being able to choose formations and hire their staff, the way you control U19's.

Also, for all clubs, for some reason the youth teams don't follow the tactics and line-ups that you give them. Lots of the time they'll just play a 4-4-2 and not follow your line-up which is ******* annoying when you want to pick which young players get game time.

i'd like to see a more realistic level of expectation for international managers, particularly of smaller nations.

For example, as Andorra manager i lost 4 out of my first 5 games, but beat macedonia 1 nil in a Euro qualifier. The board confidence level thingy said i should be performing slightly better in my role as manager. I'm fairly sure that if andorra were to beat macedonia in a qualifier the manager would pretty much be hailed a god and be said to be doing well regardless of their other results in the qualifers.

I know where you're coming from, at the other end of the footballing world I lost the confederations cup semi final as Spain to Brazil on penalties, I also had Ramos sent off after 15 minutes, after that game the Spanish FA were fuming and claimed that I should have no problem beating a team the calibre of Brazil, lol

I suppose something I would like to see are women leagues..

Simply because you can have female coaches, female managers etc, so why not female football leagues?

They wouldn't have to be straight away in the game, maybe like on a second installation disk if you wanted to use them, and they can be toggled off/on just like extra nations, just to have the option basically.

I like the interview thing too, although i'd hate it if I failed an interview :P so maybe depending on the results of the interview depends on also how much you get to spend on your transfers, if your future team like you more or less. Though i guess if your offered jobs it's okay really.

Just the more realistic it can be, more leagues, more nations, i like the way they've added agents so more ideas in that directions!

How about some sound!!!! don't like silence besides the odd ball been kicked and ref blowing the whistle

Someone may have said it already, or I'm the only one who cares but I really want them to change the reputation of teams and players. Right now there is only 1 team Reputation I think which decides whether a player wants to go to your club or not. I think there should be more Reputations for example Local reputation(wether your well known in the league), World reputation(obvious), youth reputation (how good the youth system is) etc. I often play with PSV and the problem is that many young players i try to buy will say that I'm not good enough for them, not the offer, but my reputation. In real life however PSV is very well known for their improving/ producing of young players (players like V. Nistelrooy, Romario, Ronaldo, Afellay, Robben, Stam, V. Bommel) have all come from/ became famous at PSV. In my opinion there needs to be some sort of youth reputation because many young players, especially brazilian are often happy with offers from PSV, we did produce Romario and Ronaldo after all. This would mean that youth players (under 21, maybe) would be more attracted to my offers due to higher youth reputation even if my overall reputation my not be so good. It may sound complicating but I hope people will understand what I'm trying to say, because its crazy how much the in-game reputation and real life reputation differ for some teams. Benfica, Porto, PSV, Ajax, Feyenoord, these are all teams with good reputations for producing young players but due to there only being one overall club reputation which means a lot of players are out of my reach, even though in real life they wouldn't be. Another problem in my opinion is Player Reputation. For some reason the most hidden gems are immediately scouted by top teams, this is often not the case because top teams don't spend they're time looking for young players they spend their time scouting players who are well known already, young players often start out at very low reputation teams. Especially players from outside europe are almost never snapped up by a big name team, they usually go to a team which plays in Europa league. It may be a lot to read and quite complicating but I tried to explain it as well as I can, I hope people will understand what I mean.

@srw, I'm pretty sure that both clubs and people have different reps for local/national/world as you want. Although the youth/development rep would be nice.

EDIT: Just checked, looks like clubs only have one reputation value, players/staff have home and world.

Last edited:

I know where your coming from, my brother was doing a Scotland save and he was in the group with Czech Republic and Spain and was told he was 'expected to qualify'. He did eventually qualify but in the process lost 2-1 to Spain and the board werent dissapointed. And then he got fairly far in the World Cup but again were not happy. I think the Scots would of been over the moon!!

more freedom on the editor with regard to setting up league rules eg more control over format of champions playoff and the ability to have split championships (south american style opening/closing format)

I'd like to see; being able to make more rivals with clubs on clubs. instead of the usual Utd and Liverpool rivalries. Say you get someone to the heights of man utd from the BSN or something, doubt you're gona have any direct rivals. so being able to eventually have them on the club info screen would be good.

The player who played with a team in the Europa League can plays with another team in the Champion League ( like Torres )
This option isn't in FM 11

I don't even know if this is possible, but it would be cool if you could have two of your saved teams play each other in an exhibition or practice-type match.....nothing to do with your save, it would be a separate option from the opening screen.

Not sure if this has been mentioned and it might already be in the game but what the heck, but I'm playing as Southampton against Barnsley and I'm 1-2 behind going into stoppage time, they get a throw in and take almost a minute to take it, surely the ref should book the player taking the throw for time-wasting and add on the minute of play that I just lost out on

the new game has hardly been out long enough to explore it fully, but it seems people already want to improve things.

Back