Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

Being knighted after you assrape the league for 9+ years like I have...

I'd love to see "the chairman" feature. It will surely add more excitement to the game, specially if you manage to win many trophies and you wanna experience new territories. Also, it will make the game more realistic, as chairmans in real life have major effect on clubs and not to mention the fun of creating a successful brand for your team as well as a successful team on the field. Finally, we will be able to build a new stadium whenever we feel like it :D

just my 2 cents

I second that chairman feature cant see the point you getting all that career earnings and not being able to spend it on anything

I third the chairman feature - I like the idea of building a brand etc etc

I dont know if this one has been mentioned cause i didnt read all 17 pages.

But i would like to have the possibility of buying a car, a house, a yacht etc etc. for my paycheck, and even create a family or look for a girlfriend. For me that would make the game a lot more realistic.

I dont see the point in having a contract worth X amount of money and not being able to spend it on anything.

I know this is Fifa style, and let me just make one thing clear. I dont play Fifa, only Football Manager, and i love it :) but i think that this feature would make the game even greater.

What do you guys think ?

what i would like to see is more options in the private chat section. sometimes a player will come and say that they feel they are not playing in enough games and there is no option for you to say ' i will give you a hance in the next few games' just negative options such as ' i am your manager and what i say goes ' or ' if you dont back down i will have no choice but to place you on the transfer list'.

also, i have found that if you take over at a struggling club, you are already disliked and blamed for your league position. with millwall on my fisrt day my best two players had already had ' i feel our relationship has broken down and i no longer have the patience to speak to you ' which i dont believe is right and even more bemusingly had other players saying, before even playing a game 'i am losing faith in your management abilities due to our league position'

I'd like to see an option in team instructions to tell players whether to go down easily in the box or stay on their feet.

'The chairman' sounds like a great idea too if feasible.

Maybe like...a dugout camera view on the 3d match?? that'd be interesting..used to love that view on lma manager! make you feel like you was more involved i think?? what you reckon??

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

you can manage international youth teams?

Wtf, the game will be called Sims Manager 2012.... Stick to the sims kid BUT i like the idea with using your paycheck for something but dont this family thing ;)

Edit: @ Batistuta2105

every player should have a face and every team a normal team logo.

also agree with the option to tick the player when creating a database so you make sure hes in your game.

More interaction with the fans especially at away games.
Say how good the atmosphere was, and how many away fans went to the game, and see that these figures improve for bigger games and the better you are doing.
Also the idea about real stadiums is a great on the 3d match engine. Would really add to the matchday experience. If you want have the option available to design and build stadiums for your team or even other teams.​

First of all NicePrice. Im not a kid. 2nd. I dont play sims.

I just think it would make the game more realistic, and make the game feel a bit more like real life.
Managers in real life are not all monks you know ;) They have families to spend their money on. That was my point.

But thanx for your opinion

Greater AI intelligence for AI managers. Mangers should have a better perception of PA and protect and bring through the most talented youngsters. Heightened board difficulty. I.e. prevent the predictable gradual growth that occurs in the game from season to season as this is far from being relevant in real life. Case and point being Everton, David Moyes constantly receives no financial backing from the board however on FM its all too easy to improve the financial situations of a club. Disable FA Banning when complaining about Referee de scions as it is extremely unrealistic as if this were the case IRL then you would be seeing touchline bans on a weekly basis.

There should also be some sort of player manager interaction when signing a player and a fee as been agreed. For example you should be able to hold a conversation with the player where you tell him your plans for the clubs and his future - what kind of squad role you see him playing. Players under certain circumstances should be more willing to take paycuts as it seems in the current transfer systems that players are extremely unwilling to sign on for pay less than what they are earning which is not realistic. I.e. players frozen out of 1st team at big clubs should be willing to move for substantially less wages in order to gain 1st team football.

From a game stand point, Greater tactical options. For example defensive covering options where a player can have a setting to cover a player if he roams forward. Also allow for multi player pressing of the ball in certain situations. Tempo should no longer combine, the speed at which a team gets the ball forward and how long it takes for a player to make a pass. It should be possible to play with a slow tempo but move the ball around quickly -this should be more apparent.

Also Goalkeeper preferred moves is a must. Thing like, rushes out to the ball, attacks crosses, stays on line, releases the ball quickly etc.

The option to be a manager for national teams should be available. Not just clubs. Go through the difficulty of calling up players, arguing with their clubs, etc.

It could add another dimension to the game.

Also: The number of Physios issue is really annoying. I fired one of my physios thinking that I could hire a better one since the board won't just let me have more physios. But I still can't hire the better Physio. I still keep getting the message that we already have too many Physios (I fired one though).

Last edited:
Add new manager < Pick a league < National Team (second bottom)

Would like to see more postponed games & the odd abandoned game, more realistic. Maybe even a pitch invasion if you get promotion ?

I would like the game to be more realistic like individual mistakes on the pitch, better interaction with the board, better interaction with the players (for example ask him to lower his wage if you are gonna sign him) and fix players asking wage... a 17 year old 3 star kid wanted 17500 euro in wage!!! OUTRAGEOUS!
But its a great game overall tho keep up the good work (Y)

I would like PA to be gone :) but that a player becomes better from training and first team games so you don't end up buyin the same youngsters at the start of every game. also having training camps in foreign countries to improve fitness in off-season and pre-season. A third change i would like to see added is youth camps that you set up in different countries to find the best talents.

Back