Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

I know that most of them have already been said, but here goes:

The option to make your reserves a seperate club like most clubs in Spain have.
Being able to build them new stadiums and whatnot.
Faster regeneration of options in the boardroom like feeder club, parent club, etc.
Being able to choose from what country your feeder/parent club should be.
Recommending a feeder/parent club without having your board search for one.
Coach/scout/etc. stat improvements and (just like with players) the option to see recent changes in abilities.
To improve coach/scout/etc. stats send them on various courses.
Nation/city population increase.
Do something with your career earnings.
Founding a new club.
Editing kits ingame
Make the stadiums look fuller. It often says in the match aftermath report that the stadium was 100% full yet there are spare seats ingame.
Being able to give back to the community. Thus increasing the chances that a stadium expansion will be allowed.
Talking staff out of their (proposed) retirement.
In the finances tab to see more months with stats, not only this and previous month.
Reputation increase directly after you won the league etc, instead of halfway through summer.
Being able to see the EURO cup and Champions league results without actually being in it, you should be able to turn this on or off. Now you always have to search for them. This goes for other leagues too.
Staff accepting coach or youth coach roles when their job (next to name) says first team coach or whatever. So annoying that they don't.
Contract clauses for staff.
More contract clauses.
Being able to rent out your stadium to events (concerts, fairs, festivals, whatever).
The crowd actually going wild when an important goals has been scored. Instead of moving about a bit.
Players cheering with other players, dependent on relations and ego.
Training for tackling and tricks.

And the most important one: A LACK OF BUGS.

The ability to scout a player for a specific positioning,like for example in beggining of game be able to know how good neymar will be on AML,even when he isnt natural there .
Ability to pick more feeder/parent clubs or suggest from all the clubs.
More realistic board talks and diverse kind of chairmans just like real life ( some like to pick players and some just act politically ,for example abramovich and rosell).

Way too many stupid things being suggested by people - it's Football MANAGER, not Football Chairman, Coach, Assistant Manager etc.

Some things I would like to see:

- Being able to manage International Youth Teams (not club level).
- Being able to release a press statement asking for more fans to come to games OR suggest a fan day to the board to boost attendances.
- Being able to sell players outside transfer windows if you're in severe debt (as P*rtsmouth, Plymouth etc have done in recent seasons IRL).
- Set out training schedules as in FM05 (that was awesome).

Not sure if it's been said but more pre-match things. Like being able to see both sides in the tunnel with an option to skip. More fans' views other than they were 'dissapointed with the result'.

Here I wrote a seies of what I which on FM12 ,

1) First of all I don't see it 'good idea' that become an assistant manager or coach, but It would be a good idea of buy a club and select a manager and give him fund to sign players but no more since it is football manager.

2) If you (the user) is under 40 and you select 'the past experience' as International footballer, at the first day would be a player, then day after you receive many praises from managers and chairman (even a match). and then you became a manager.

3) Youth Teams
About regens I have nothing against them, because the continue the game but (ex I was coaching Inter and in four years - not a decent regen, I sack them and I bought new) I think it is better idea that in non playing time of the year ex. England-June July a shortlist will be available and you choose a number of player ex 7 to make it realistic you need to choose ex 5 same nationality and 2 foreigners.

4)Another idea that I thought about it while I was playing is that you can create another reserve team temporary, because sometimes you have about 40 players in the Reserve and Youth Team. This will help to leave talented players alone and the others will be in this team to be sold/or loaned.

5) Press conference
I would love to have longer answers like in real life. there are also silly questions like playing with a highly relegated team and questions you about other similar team playing against the best team in the league and you been questioned about the chances of your similar team of win the worst answer against your similar team is ex Liverpool is trick side... Is that best answer that you can answer? Yes!!

6) More transfers options include:
a) Loan back
b) Before sign a player you start negate with another club on loan deal ex. Muntari was signed from Inter from Portsmouth and Inter was going to loan with Everton but the lastly rejected.
c) Sign a player via... popular in Italy when Non Eu players signed by a club and goes straight to one affiliated to. Ex. Julio Cesar, Maxwell....
d) When exchange a player you can select if it is full transfer, loan, co-ownership. It makes it reliable.

7) You can select more than one team. This will help you increase the knowledge.

8) You can create charity matches for countries in third world por for a deases. Players can be selected to play this match.

9) Training grounds. It is an information missing. When you have training ground you can play Intra friendly in it not the major stadium.

10) When there are the international frendlies you can select some youth players to train with the first team.

11) More relations talk with other managers including international managers. If there is a solid relation between you and an internatational manager he can recommend you a player to sign.

11) More Media Role important:
They question you, your staff, players, chairman more often. Media comments before/after match became regularly, comment after a draw of a cup. Chairman about finances.

12) Make more realable the game but give him a course at the university to learn the language. So he may not attend some training sections.

13) Suggest your Chairman to open a restaurant/ hotel/hostel to increase the found.

14) You create a fan day not the Board decided when. The Board can suggest a name to the match e.g. The Match of the Matches or D-Day is Today...

15) Another idea is... maybe you are in the sub-bench with your staff and reserves...

16) As game develops the information must develop:
Rivalries must increase or decrease.
Maybe you can change your kit after a period of years.

17) Media Compananies' team of the week. You may found only one selection of team of the week, but it would be realable if you found a selection of team of week.
AND ALSO RATE THE...

18)...REFEREE. Please rate him as he is one of the players. It may be found in the player ratings not in referee stat at the league section.

19) When you loan a player out to a club and you scout him you should see how the player will increse or decrese

17) A inner game tool to conect with your favourite blog site(FM Base!!)

18) Comunication with your staff, dirctors and ect.

That all although it takes long takes again for reading...

Regards,
malta

Here I wrote a seies of what I which on FM12 ,

1) First of all I don't see it 'good idea' that become an assistant manager or coach, but It would be a good idea of buy a club and select a manager and give him fund to sign players but no more since it is football manager.

2) If you (the user) is under 40 and you select 'the past experience' as International footballer, at the first day would be a player, then day after you receive many praises from managers and chairman (even a match). and then you became a manager.

3) Youth Teams
About regens I have nothing against them, because the continue the game but (ex I was coaching Inter and in four years - not a decent regen, I sack them and I bought new) I think it is better idea that in non playing time of the year ex. England-June July a shortlist will be available and you choose a number of player ex 7 to make it realistic you need to choose ex 5 same nationality and 2 foreigners.

4)Another idea that I thought about it while I was playing is that you can create another reserve team temporary, because sometimes you have about 40 players in the Reserve and Youth Team. This will help to leave talented players alone and the others will be in this team to be sold/or loaned.

5) Press conference
I would love to have longer answers like in real life. there are also silly questions like playing with a highly relegated team and questions you about other similar team playing against the best team in the league and you been questioned about the chances of your similar team of win the worst answer against your similar team is ex Liverpool is trick side... Is that best answer that you can answer? Yes!!

6) More transfers options include:
a) Loan back
b) Before sign a player you start negate with another club on loan deal ex. Muntari was signed from Inter from Portsmouth and Inter was going to loan with Everton but the lastly rejected.
c) Sign a player via... popular in Italy when Non Eu players signed by a club and goes straight to one affiliated to. Ex. Julio Cesar, Maxwell....
d) When exchange a player you can select if it is full transfer, loan, co-ownership. It makes it reliable.

7) You can select more than one team. This will help you increase the knowledge.

8) You can create charity matches for countries in third world por for a deases. Players can be selected to play this match.

9) Training grounds. It is an information missing. When you have training ground you can play Intra friendly in it not the major stadium.

10) When there are the international frendlies you can select some youth players to train with the first team.

11) More relations talk with other managers including international managers. If there is a solid relation between you and an internatational manager he can recommend you a player to sign.

11) More Media Role important:
They question you, your staff, players, chairman more often. Media comments before/after match became regularly, comment after a draw of a cup. Chairman about finances.

12) Make more realable the game but give him a course at the university to learn the language. So he may not attend some training sections.

13) Suggest your Chairman to open a restaurant/ hotel/hostel to increase the found.

14) You create a fan day not the Board decided when. The Board can suggest a name to the match e.g. The Match of the Matches or D-Day is Today...

15) Another idea is... maybe you are in the sub-bench with your staff and reserves...

16) As game develops the information must develop:
Rivalries must increase or decrease.
Maybe you can change your kit after a period of years.

17) Media Compananies' team of the week. You may found only one selection of team of the week, but it would be realable if you found a selection of team of week.
AND ALSO RATE THE...

18)...REFEREE. Please rate him as he is one of the players. It may be found in the player ratings not in referee stat at the league section.

19) When you loan a player out to a club and you scout him you should see how the player will increse or decrese

17) A inner game tool to conect with your favourite blog site(FM Base!!)

18) Comunication with your staff, dirctors and ect.

That all although it takes long takes again for reading...

Regards,
malta

Good effort mate! :D

Stop the annoying glitch where you take a goal kick, the defender heads it away and the striker is in on goal for an easy chance. Even with defensive line the deepest it can go it still happens, and I've never seen that happen in real life :@

Being able to look for parent teams no matter how big you are. Except for the absolute greatest

I like for FM 2012 to have the loan back option. Like if your a smaller team or a team that sells a good young prospect to a larger team you get the option to have them back on loan straight away if they aren't going to feature in their new team's starting line-up.

I would like to be able to ask my assistants managers opinion on two players and also which won I should buy. For example if I am stuck between buying rooney or aguero, I should be able to ask my assistant who he thinks I should buy.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 AM ----------

Also I would love it if the manager can take training sessions, also you can see the training sessions being carried out (just as when you are watching a match. there should also be an option for the assistant manager to carry out the training seessions) and you can select players who you want to work on specific areas during the session. e.g if I was managing man utd and I was carrying out the training sessions and I wanted rooney and nani to work on their heading I should be able to select them away from other players, so as to work on their heading.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

shut up

What i'd like is when you look at the latest scores and your team is in there in alpabetical order and not stuck down at the bottom!

Also if you playing more than 1 team in the same league the latest scores come up as teams socre instead of when your match is in process the other human players that have played the FT socres are up already even tho your all supposed to be playin at 3 o'clock.

Just my 10p worth!:D

There should be commentry not the visual one, like get andy gray in.

What I'd like to see added is the ability to select what languages your manager can speak when you create him.

For instance you might be able to speak 4 languages fluent in real life, yet when creating yourself on FM you can only select your home nationality and a second nationality. For example, you might want to start a game in Italy, so you select England and Italy as your two nationalities, so on your personal profile it would read English and Italian as the languages you can speak. Yet, you might be able to speak French and Spanish as well but you cannot select them. So if you then move onto a club in France or Spain in a future season, you will be posed with a question like: "Will it be difficult to adapt because you can't speak French/Spanish?"

Now the problem here is in real life you might be able to speak the language as well as Italian and English, but you cannot select that option in game. And personally I think it is quite annoying that you cannot put what languages you can speak.

---

Another thing I'd like to see introduced is a better press conference system. For example, your manager can speak English and Italian, and you are managing in England and buy an Italian player who doesn't speak English. You get asked the question: "Do you think it will be difficult for your player to adapt to England because he doesn't speak the language?"

Now to my knowledge there is no option to select, "I know the language and can help him." The only option is if another player speaks the language. So for me, in this situation the manager would help the player adapt. Also, maybe you can have the ability to bring in a linguist to help the player, or say that you will send them to lessons to learn the language and so on.

Basically, I'd like to see more options be available in the press conference system.

---

I guess there are other suggestions, but those are my main two I'd like to see added.

Can we change what people say about us in comments and press conferences after winning the league? For example I won my fourth straight La Liga title with A.D. Alcorcon. I know they were a little team but I am quite a way into the game and already listed as the best team in the world. Still when I am getting ready to play Barcelona and Real Madrid their coaches state "You need to beat the big teams!". Apparently two Champs league titles and four straight titles for the league doesn't count for beating big teams.

Also if you have the money to pay off a debt there should be a way to do it. I have 31 million dollar loan (which is currently down to 14 million i think), but yet I have over 800 million in my balance. You would think there is a way that I could just say "Take it out of the teams finances" to pay it off instead of waiting for the owner to decide whether or not to pay it off.

Last edited:
Back