Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

This is only a very little thing but I just expected it to be there.

Ya know when you get reports from a player either on loan or on international duty? Well it says "had a fine/solid game" or whatever...why don't you give me the frickin' match rating in the message???

This means I have to load up every single match which takes a long time(when you're doing 20) on my crappy little computer.

I mean I know it's small and insignificant but it really ****** me off.

i Dont know if managers do this irl( i dont think they do) but being able to choose a manager's player of the month or manager's player of the year.. i would express better that yu appreciate their performances... it sounds a good idea but i dont know if they do it in real life

I dont agree with the graphics stuff, this is a football management game, it should be based on stats not graphics. Go play fifa if you need graphics. I personally rather have good loading times. But for improvements there are many!

1- Tactics are too complicated and unrealistic. I think they should lose the sliders altogether and tactics should be made by telling your players what to do. 'I want you to play a simple passing game, keeping possession, shooting only when you have clear sight of goal' etc etc and similar player instructions, 'keep down the flank, run with it but track back'. It feels too mechanical wit all the sliders

2- Team talks are pointless, i honestly dont think telling your team 'you can win this game' would actually get you a win. Shoutouts during the game telling players to 'get involved' or 'improve or your coming off' would be far more realistic. And have the option at half time to say exactly what you think of them. 'Good passing, keep it up', 'stop shooting soo much its wasteful'.

3- Player improvement- I honestly think every players ability should be limitless through the right training and motivation. I hate it when a player stops improving at the age of 21. Players should improve through good performances. It would make everyones game individual. The thought that with the right management a player like nani or park ji sung (GOD) could become the best in the world. It would also make it possible to keep the majority of your squad from lower leagues to higher.

4- Little things-

Goal Kicks - distribution, short passing, creative freedom, does not work!! My gk still punts it down the middle!!!
Tactical advice - I dont want my assistant telling m, you should play wider and slower. I want to know how each player should be used too.
Set pieces- I actually quite like the set pieces this year but improvements would make it better, unfortunately fifas set piece editor is more realistic. Thats pretty bad really... I think you should be able to set the runs for set pieces. Actually draw the runs out that is.
Morale- It might be just me this one but i feel morale changes too much when you lose a game. I can understand morale changing dramatically if you lose a final or lose to a rival but when my port vale team loses to notts forrest who are far better than me, i dont want my squad going suicidal as they seem to often do.

Theres a few more that i'll probably see next time im playing

Probably adding lower league competition in some nations and transfer updates PLUS language packs for all versions

I would like a "Talk to the Press" option called "Last Match" that allows me to comment the following:
Opposition manager
Opposition tactics
Opposition players (playing well, playing poorly, fouls committed)
Referee (I want to be able to criticise them like Sir Alex, comment on their poor calls and whatnot instead of waiting for someone to mention them in the press conference)

I would love the option to have a Stadium Builder/Editor, like in FIFA Manager 11. Maybe some fights XD

Maybe more text replies during interviews and chat with players. They get repetitive and suck the fun out of the game.

I would also like to see more injuries, Non-football related ones. Things like stds, gonorrhoea herpes crabs etc

Cancer as well would also be a goodie. Malaria or HIV if your players play in South Africa.

I wouldn't mind an opportunity of me being able to give my own ratings.

you can say just "ok" when a manger who comes to the press and says he dislikes you or offend you someway

- If it doesn't mean much load, a small tool to read the previous version's save file to get some stats, mainly the reputation and add it to the one in a new game.

- Add more steps to the reputation choices. I think it's too much difference going from professional-league one don't want you and next be international-you'll get first division jobs.

- Nothing new in way of graphics or candy. Purely Match Engine and management improvements.

- Responsive defensive depths. If I'm attacking and pushing, my defence goes all the way up to midfield line and go back along the rival most advanced players. If I set to deep, they still be have the same. If I give 0 freedom, 0 defensive line, 0 mentality to defenders, with all sort of ranges for the rest of players (from setting everyone to 0 to gradually step players other than defenders until strikers get to 20)... it doesn't matter, they still go all the way to midfield line and still don't go back immediately but accompanying the rival forward men. I can see no difference in behavior.

- Keep sliders and dropdowns, like now at least as an optional way to work the tactics. Add roles and options for more flexibility. Some could have defending instruction and attacking instruction, eg, how deep to drop or how high to run, or in the offensive what is the wide play and in defense to how wide keep oneself too (it could just be done changing the width to defensive and let the wide play to decide in attacking how wide), swap to position when (attacking/defending) as it could be better, though this may be done with different way than literally so (and might be doable already to some extent)...

- Recover past editions to allow swap more than two players.

- An unescapable replay of each amazing save by the player's goalie in which the narrator says: "Have you seen it?. Did you see it?. Were you awaken? Because right now, YOUR GOALIE MADE A SUPERSAVE. Where are your whines now, punk?".

Dunno if it's been mentioned before, but I'd like to see the ability to cancel a tactical alteration, for instance, my third-choice striker is having a poor game, at 68 mins I confirm a midfielder is replacing him. As I come out of the tactics screen, he scores, so I want to keep him on the pitch, but obviously I can't.

Sorry if this has been covered. One thing I'd like to see is the press or odds makers doing a better job of adjusting based on past results. I mean, if I buy a few nice players and my team is suddenly killing other teams, I don't want to see them saying I'm a 10-1 underdog when I'm 12-1-1 and at the top of my table. I mean, that's long enough for them to say "ok, this team no longer sucks". If it's all tied to reputation, then reputation needs to move a little quicker. Look at it this way, if I beat a particular team 3-0, 3-1, 3-0 in the last 3 matches, and no one is hurt going into the 4th, skybet isn't going to make me 10-1 underdogs. They are in the business of winning bets, not giving away money. I know this doesn't affect the result/gameplay, but just for my imagination. I mean, I'm reading the paper about me and my team.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

How about being able to warn or fine a player for more than just getting sent off. Like, when a player goes to the press and "launches an extraordinary attack", I'd like to give him an extraordinary fine.

Also, if I promise a player a chance at the first team to pacify him, he shouldn't start crying again saying I failed to fulfill the promise when there has not even been another squad registration window since, and he's over 21. WTF'n F?

I noticed that you cannot instruct your player to learn "tries tricks" preferred move,but you can tell him to "attempt overhead kicks".

Why on earth would i want to tell him that.Practically telling him" you are not missing enough chances already, try some overhead kicks to miss more"...Training him to try tricks could improve his chances to get past opponents especially for attacking players...

the chairman option is one of the most intriguing ones. obviously, if you get finances from your own wage over the years, at first you will have to be chairman of a smaller team in lower leagues, but i'd love to be, for example, manager of AS Roma and chairman of the team of my own nearby town

Many things are already said that I could say, but I don't think anyone has pointed this out.

There should be an option when you create yourself 'add more languages which I speak' or something like that. That's annoying to me not to be able speak English without English nationality(I'm Croatian and I speak and write English fluently) or German(I know basic German) without the German nationality. Also there should be implemented that if you know English and you're for example in Italy that they won't annoy you with 'you can't speak our language we don't understand you' cause they mostly know English and they won't complain about you not knowing Italian.

When you have an injury crisis being able to recall players who haven't got 'being able to recall player' in the loan clause

Sorry if this has been covered. One thing I'd like to see is the press or odds makers doing a better job of adjusting based on past results. I mean, if I buy a few nice players and my team is suddenly killing other teams, I don't want to see them saying I'm a 10-1 underdog when I'm 12-1-1 and at the top of my table. I mean, that's long enough for them to say "ok, this team no longer sucks". If it's all tied to reputation, then reputation needs to move a little quicker. Look at it this way, if I beat a particular team 3-0, 3-1, 3-0 in the last 3 matches, and no one is hurt going into the 4th, skybet isn't going to make me 10-1 underdogs. They are in the business of winning bets, not giving away money. I know this doesn't affect the result/gameplay, but just for my imagination. I mean, I'm reading the paper about me and my team.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

How about being able to warn or fine a player for more than just getting sent off. Like, when a player goes to the press and "launches an extraordinary attack", I'd like to give him an extraordinary fine.

Also, if I promise a player a chance at the first team to pacify him, he shouldn't start crying again saying I failed to fulfill the promise when there has not even been another squad registration window since, and he's over 21. WTF'n F?

This is all covered and everyone knows this. Club odds shouldn't be tied to reputation I think, they should have odds to be tied with past match ratio(like first time your the underdog, second time again, third time even and fourth favourite if you win all). Or if they make the reputation rise faster then it won't be a problem.

The option to send your strikers to under 9 football training and learn how to shoot properly or better yet a murder option would be nice

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

the chairman option is one of the most intriguing ones. obviously, if you get finances from your own wage over the years, at first you will have to be chairman of a smaller team in lower leagues, but i'd love to be, for example, manager of AS Roma and chairman of the team of my own nearby town

I like this idea but unfortunately if you had chairman option then I think they may have to introduce a stadium editor similar to LMA, Fifa manager but due SI love affection for twigs and dots I think that may be beyond there capabilities

Back