Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

Official prem league and champions league badges, logo's, player photos etc. and to stop bastian schweinsteiger from being so under rated

Maybe like...a dugout camera view on the 3d match?? that'd be interesting..used to love that view on lma manager! make you feel like you was more involved i think?? what you reckon??

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

you can manage international youth teams?

Ah son, you said exactly what I was thinking. Used to LOVE the dugout view in LMA.
And the first time I played this game and there was the "touchline" camera angle, I thought it was going to be the same but alas, we wait.

The game is called Football Manager but one is never seen in the 3D game. The technical area is drawn in so why not have the manager stomping and raving there,as in the real thing ?? This area of the game is the one lacking the most atmosphere as also the players stroll off the field after every match regardless of whether it is a pre-season friendly against a lower league side or winning the FA Cup final ! As for winning there is also no post match celebrations apart from penalty shoot-outs and no cup/trophy presentations. It's icing on the cake I know but it's all about winning after all and would add a very valid edge to what is already the best football management sim on the planet !

Monsieur Sexington's summary, important ones in bold;
- Being able to start games in each transfer market, both prior to and after transfer.
- Improved AI for transfers. I think everyone's fed up with other teams buying **** players and collapsing, making the game a lot easier. Also being able to loan a player back to his club after buying him in addition to performance-based contracts.
- A better system for managers becoming legends at clubs. I've taken Boavista from bottom to the top of the Portuguese system, and I'm not even counted as favoured personel!
- A personality filter for searching!
- Asking your scouts/assistant for a player for a specific position. It's already incorporated to a certain degree, but it could be improved.
- The club nicking some of the money you make from transfers. As Vålerenga you start with a transfer budget of 55k £; won the league and second season 10M£, which is more than the rest of the league's budgets doubled.
- Being able to create rivalries after a few years, e.g. if you take Luton Town to the Premier League top 4.
- Board meetings and team, where you can talk about where you want to take the team and players being able to express their opinions.
- The Chairman assumes a more pro-active role, e.g. buys players behind your back.
- Automatic opposition instructions
- Being able to save player selection, not just tactics.
- Being able to start managing a team's U19/Reserves then work your way up.
- Players also get interviewed.
- Vary the kits from year to year.
- Fix the amount of coaches you can have. E.g. Vålerenga have 7 youth coaches and 3 coaches, and only allowed 5 or so.
- Improved training system, e.g. train a specific stat in addition to the groups.
- Improved interaction with players, e.g reassure them they're still the first choice.
- Random occurences, e.g. players with low professionalism getting pished before/after game or missing trainings due to being as rough as a badger's ****, mates ******** each others' wives etc.
- Improved graphics for stadiums and customisation.
- Being able to set up foreign academies and training camps where you could pick out players.
- Better press conferences. They are severely repetitive.
- Background options; you can start as a simple college graduate with a degree in Sports Science and Psychology or a coaching course.
- Being able to "take over" a person, e.g. Mourinho, so you play as him.
- Some way to detect whether someone's using FMRT or FM Scout in relation to challenges.
- A club fitness centre, e.g. AC Milan, which prolongs a player's playing years.
- Get the license for Germany, for Pete's sake.
- Recurring injuries, instead of players getting loads of different injuries (Hargreaves anyone?).
- If you scout someone or make a comment, the press ask if you're interested in buying him instead of people you've never heard of.
- A better scouting system. FM11 was better than FM10, but there's still room for improvement!
- Possibly being a player/manager. As an avid LLM, I'd love to "be" one of the players.
- Pay-as-you-play contracts.
- Buy-and-loan-back offers.

Multiplayer
- An online messenger/social network malarkey set up. E.g. you can talk to other managers who aren't neccessarily in the same game without alt-tabing. Uploading to Youtube and Twitter is a step in the right direction!
- Multiplayer games; take your team and play someone else, even with the same team. I.e. I could take my Celtic 2014 CL winning team and play Dunc's CL winning Newcastle.

Fluff
- Trophy cabinet. It's fluff, but it's nice being able to see the World Cup trophy safely tucked away in Scotland.
- Maybe some animation for winning a cup, e.g. a trophy lifting cut-scene.
- Being able to use your own money on something. Everything from dogs and women to languages has been suggested, and spending it on something like training courses seems like the best suggestions thus far.
- Minor, but ball boys. How often do we watch impatetiently as the player walks ever slowly to get the ball for a corner?
- Tabbed gaming, e.g. a tab with a player and another with your inbox.

Pet hate
- Added detail like Norwegian teams going to La Manga in Spain each winter to train and Vålerenga having their own stadium planned and currently about to start construction.

From this year -

Hi,

Just a quick topic which has had me thinking and may well exist already in FM2011.

In example, the new owners at Blackburn after buying the club had a sit down with Sam Allardyce to discuss the clubs future. I'm not sure whether this exists because I'm stubbling through my first save as reading and only a season and a half through! I think it would be a good addition on a number of levels.

1) Applying for a new job, you're asked to an interview and asked relevant questions from the board i.e. why do you want to come here? What style of football are you planning? What are your asprirations? etc. Then if they decide to employ you, your expectations and budgets are calculated from this.

2)When your approaching a new contract or when you are in a precarious position. I.e. What are you going to change? Why have you failed? and again What are your aspirations?

3) Similar to the above but when a new owner has taken charge, they can arrange a sit down which ultimately makes the decision whether to keep you on or keep you on a trial etc. It would also be good for the user to have to look into the personaility of the owners and decide you need to change your style in order to match their opinions.

What do you guys reckon?

Comparing staff! I can't believe how can they miss this.

It'd be nice if first team / reserve squad changes didn't take place until time advances. One misclick and you can have a bunch of players throwing hissy fits and 'unable to trust you' *glares at Routledge*.

Hi Guys,

I would like abit more recognition when you manage a lower team. For example, I'm Rio Ave in the top Portuguese league and my first 2 games of the season were home to Benfica and away to Sporting CP, I beat both 2-0 and 2-1 respectively, which of course i was delighted with.
Then came the manager of the month award and i thought i would be a shoe in, as being a lower team manager and beating 2 of the top 3 teams i would get it, but instead it went to Porto's manager, even though i had the same unbeaten record as them. Think maybe it would be more realistic that i wouldve got it, instead of a manager of a top team!!

Thanks

3 Things:

The ability to start new games after the January transfer window.

More detailed team talks. Instead of just "encourage team", "we can win this", have things like "shorten your passing", "stop shooting long so often", "calm it down in midfield" etc. Maybe link it to your tactics.

Directors of football have more use. Be able to draw up a shortlist and send them to make the deals, or vice versa.

1) I would like to see the option where managers can keep a small talk/advice to players we substitute in ...
kinda like tell them what is expected and motivate them.

2) I really like and encourage the spending the managers wages i really hope the creators look into this aspect and IF they do incoperate this concept into fm 2012 it'll be very intresting to see how they do so ... i know they want to keep things strictly on tatics of the team rather than drifting away from the topic but i think they may really need to consider this aspect as it gives us something to look forward to and negotiate higher wages and perhaps even have the option where other clubs try to offer u a contract or aprroach you with higher wages

3) on field celebrations and cup lifting is a definite MUST for this game

4) definitely better interactions are needed and an area where we can build solid relationships with the players/staff and mabye even directors/chairman and journalist.... and the press conference really gets annoying after 3-4 seasons i think they should really try and improve this area maybe perhaps a press conference where your players or assistant manager or mabye even where the opposition manager is present and where mabye they respond directly to you or the press with an answer you make or vice versa it'll add a bit of drama into the game

5) its ridiculous where i gotta pay £100m to buy messi or ronaldo but if i try to sell them ill get base price or something lower even mabye a more realistic approach to this may need to be considered

6) okay this one is about the comment made earlier about the chairman concept i really like that idea too and mabye where we can be agents as well perhaps where we identify wonderkids and sign them and blah blah and get rich but i think these ideas will never be included :P however much i would love it to be mabye they could come up with a new game for that :D :D :D

7) a bit of humor wont hurt either someone mentioned earlier about where a newsfeed would appear where someone was seen drunk in the nightclub the night before mabye try to include something like that into the game where then we would discipline the player perhaps or mabye he's fitness level and morale are affected due to a hangover ?? :P

8)an improvement in the 3D part would be nice mabye where we can see more detail to the game such as players doin tricks (would love to see ronaldo doin some magic) or like a nutmeg stuff like that would be nice AND PLEASE DO GET A BALL BOY AS SOMEONE MENTIONED EARLIER ITS SOO ANNOYING WAITING FOR THEM TO WALK TO THE BALL THATS ON THE OTHER END OF THE PITCH !!!

9) have the option of viweing the game from the dugout and together with this option while watching the match we can turn around 360 in the dugout and see the opposition manager/assistant manager, refree etc and where we can click on them and have certain interactions like if a wrong call was made we could click on the refree and say "shout at" stuff like that may never happened but its nice to dream :P

10) instead of the annoying crowd sound all the time mabye some real commentary or something ??

11) being able to go watch other matches for example if you want to sign someone perhaps have the option of sitting in the crowd for one of that players matches and where the player would be informed your there and perhaps be more intrested in joining with u or unsettling him etc but the option should include only one camera angle (from the stands) and you havto watch the whole game :P .... also after the game perhaps have the option of answering one question in the press conference or perhaps a journalist can ask u "so you were spotted in the game rumor has it your intrested in 'players name' what were your thoughts in his performance blah blah"

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

oooohhh about that chairman thing how about if they allow us to create our own club ???
like have different difficulty levels like hard would be starting from the bottom league with little funds and building your way up
and easy would be you start at the top legue for the country eg english premier league and have more funds
this way you can be chairman and manager !!???

also i think it would be funny if your like one of the top managers in the world or country and won numerous titles that the queen knights you :D would be a way of acknowledging our hard work :) so like in the inbox itll say you've been knighted by the queen and then have the title 'sir' in front of your name :P

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

also how about some games you can choose to skip so the result is stimulated sometimes i cant be arsed playing every game especially the un important ones

More realistic matches. Countless times have i dominated a game yet, a team with no wins in their last 6 or 7 games have 1 chance and score it. So frustrating, ive taken screenies and will upload them later.

Example: My Stade Rennais 20 shots, 0 goals - top of the league, fantastic form. FC Metz 3 shots 1 on target, 1 goal - 17 in league, lost last 4 on trot.

Sort it out, it gets annoying when it happens so often.

I'd like to be able to train a players weak foot, seems logical as that's something that you would work on if u have a weak left or right foot, so weak foot training!

More realistic matches. Countless times have i dominated a game yet, a team with no wins in their last 6 or 7 games have 1 chance and score it. So frustrating, ive taken screenies and will upload them later.

Example: My Stade Rennais 20 shots, 0 goals - top of the league, fantastic form. FC Metz 3 shots 1 on target, 1 goal - 17 in league, lost last 4 on trot.

Sort it out, it gets annoying when it happens so often.

Sounds realistic to me. You miss your chances, other team punish you. Theres countless examples of that IRL.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Both can be done in the game.

You can not train his weak foot.

Seems I understood wrong what defensive line means. So I'd like to see implemented what I thought it was: you defenders, don't get that up the pitch during attack and stay no higher than this line.

Hi guys,
Here are some of my ideas for FM 2012

1) Commentary!
It would be great to have commentary like FIFA 11. So if you have it, you never need to look down to read the commentary and miss some things in the game :D

2) Celebrations!
It would be nice to see all your players celebrating his goals in his own way, or even put his shirt off if he made a very important goal.

3) Back in the time.
An option to begin i.e. in 1985, and then change everything that would happen in 1990 :D

4) Friendships with managers
Be a good friend of a manager. So you can maybe pay less for player if you buy him Or get less yellow/red cards if you play against the other managers team Or even get a pm from the manager by himself!

5) Quality
If you play a match, you won't see everything in good quality.
So if you have a HD graphics card, why won't the matches be in HD??

In your backroom advice, you may get recommendations of some players to use their weaker foot more. After a few months they will report back with whether they have improved it or not.

Well iv never seen that and I'm in 2025, see train to not use weaker foot, which is stupid cause it can make you a better footballer and it closes down shooting and passing angles.

Last edited:
The game is called Football Manager but one is never seen in the 3D game. The technical area is drawn in so why not have the manager stomping and raving there,as in the real thing ?? This area of the game is the one lacking the most atmosphere as also the players stroll off the field after every match regardless of whether it is a pre-season friendly against a lower league side or winning the FA Cup final ! As for winning there is also no post match celebrations apart from penalty shoot-outs and no cup/trophy presentations. It's icing on the cake I know but it's all about winning after all and would add a very valid edge to what is already the best football management sim on the planet !

this is a brilliant idea!!!!!

- Improved AI for transfers. I think everyone's fed up with other teams buying **** players and collapsing, making the game a lot easier. Also being able to loan a player back to his club after buying him in addition to performance-based contracts.
- A better system for managers becoming legends at clubs. I've taken Boavista from bottom to the top of the Portuguese system, and I'm not even counted as favoured personel!
- A personality filter for searching!
- Being able to create rivalries after a few years, e.g. if you take Luton Town to the Premier League top 4.
- Board meetings and team, where you can talk about where you want to take the team and players being able to express their opinions.
- Automatic opposition instructions
- Being able to save player selection, not just tactics.
- Being able to start managing a team's U19/Reserves then work your way up.
- Players also get interviewed.
- Fix the amount of coaches you can have. E.g. Vålerenga have 7 youth coaches and 3 coaches, and only allowed 5 or so.
- Improved interaction with players, e.g reassure them they're still the first choice.
- Improved graphics for stadiums and customisation.
- Being able to set up foreign academies and training camps where you could pick out players.
- Better press conferences. They are severely repetitive.
- Recurring injuries, instead of players getting loads of different injuries (Hargreaves anyone?).
- If you scout someone or make a comment, the press ask if you're interested in buying him instead of people you've never heard of.
- A better scouting system. FM11 was better than FM10, but there's still room for improvement!
- Pay-as-you-play contracts.
- Buy-and-loan-back offers.

Fluff
- Trophy cabinet. It's fluff, but it's nice being able to see the World Cup trophy safely tucked away in Scotland.
- Maybe some animation for winning a cup, e.g. a trophy lifting cut-scene.
- Minor, but ball boys. How often do we watch impatetiently as the player walks ever slowly to get the ball for a corner?
- Tabbed gaming, e.g. a tab with a player and another with your inbox.

These ones of your ideas are great and most realistic to be included from your post. Would love the bold ones especially.

Back