Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

Player selections can be saved.

Selection dropdown -> Team Selection -> Save selection

Though this gives me another for international management:

- Move player to optimum squad list. That is, not the called to selection but a more restricted list, like that of the national pool, that will show only those you've chosen to. So if a player gets injured and you have to drop him from the squad, you will be able to find him easily for the next time.

Well iv never seen that and I'm in 2025, see train to not use weaker foot, which is stupid cause it can make you a better footballer and it closes down shooting and passing angles.

my bad. I would like it if you could call a team meeting, if your team are on a poor run of form, if you could get your captain to call a meeting for the players to discuss. This goes for cup finals etc also, a big meeting before the final.

Also, i like the idea of starting as an u/19 coach that would be a big win! Though, the commentary wouldn't work unless you we're going to watch the full match, if you have on Only Commentary it would not work.

i think the 3d match graphics need to be improved what do you think?
I don't think that FM needs a very good match engine. It's not like FIFA manager where it relies on the engine being good.

I'd like to see the fans being as interactive as PES7. Flares, confetti, waving flags and giant flags (using team colors and logo, very simple really). Would be cool seeing the opponents section lighting flares and waving flags.

Being able to search for players based on years they've been in game. (would make finding brand new regens a breeze)

I'd love to see more realistic finances and chairman/directors being given a rating for financial control- EG: Peter Ridsdale would have a low rating of financial control.

So, board members and chairman spending clubs money on lets say a World Cup Bid [EG: Argyle] and if the bid fails, the club could go into financial meltdown. And then the board calling in a meeting, telling you, you have to earn an X amount of money from transfers for the club to stay alive.

So yeah, a realistic Administration/Liquidation process basically.

Also, maybe a small section of challenges built in the game based on RL? So for example.. Taking Chelsea who are 15 points behind Man United on March 1st onto win the Premier League and Champions League. Or taking financially striken Plymouth Argyle to League One Safety after being deducted 10 points for going into administration. Stuff like that, nothing too long.

i'd love to see all lower leagues available e.g level 8, level 9 and level 10. With the actual players on their teams, this would make FM a little more challenging and everyone likes a challenge.

Making the finances alot more important so you'll need to be self sustaining like arsenal to get anywhere, and better transfer seasons. I mean alot more interest from other clubs. Because Carlos Vela was on loan and he got so many offers but if I tried he'd get nothing for 3 years.

I would like to see a revamp of the contract screen when being approached by another club for a managerial job.
Specifically, I would like to be able to demand ludicrously high wages AND transfer funds; really to dictate MY conditions. After all, they approached ME, not the other way around. It should be about what I want.

I was offered the Bayer Leverkusen job while managing Dinamo Zagreb - contract negotiations were anything but. First of all, the wages were capped - I wanted to demand 250,000/w, but the highest I was able to demand was around 84,000/w (the club wouldn't offer me more than 19,000/w). Fine, I accept that the club can set their limits, but not the game. I should be able to demand 500,000/w if I ****** well feel! After all, they're asking me how much I want.
Why is this? I've had players demand insane wages in contract negotiations, wages I couldn't possibly meet with a club like Dinamo. I think its only natural that I should be able to demand insanely high wages, myself.

Basically, I want a club approaching me to let me set my own demands, without limit, as ludicrous as they may be. I should be able to demand wages as high as I like; and the same goes for transfer and wage budgets.

That they check the matchday message colours for readability.

Reading the text for the default second equipment for Burgos FC, Cultural Leonesa, Liverpool and Atlético de Madrid B is very tough. Reading Mali's is outright impossible in the very light yellow over white background.

Please no "increase contrast" answers, FM is a great game and the programmers do a very good job to say FM should be considered a ****** thing fro which you have to be changing screen's contrast every time you want to run it. No game should require you to do that, unless your usual settings are extreme.

I really like the sound of being the owner of a club! But it could be a separate game... i'd buy it (H)

I think you could also incorporate the being a coach or assisstant manager or whatnot. But instead of doing things a usual coach or assistant manager does, the game could simulate that aspect, and you could hunt for other jobs in the market. It would be a great way to increase your reputation for when you start as a SUNDAY LEAGUE FOOTBALLER

I think you could also incorporate the being a coach or assisstant manager or whatnot. But instead of doing things a usual coach or assistant manager does, the game could simulate that aspect, and you could hunt for other jobs in the market. It would be a great way to increase your reputation for when you start as a SUNDAY LEAGUE FOOTBALLER

Yes, I totally agree with you. From my point of view, we must try our best to improve the competitive of achievements. Because it's goal and it's what people care about.

One thing I've just noticed is that there seems to be no fans response to key players signing new deals with the club

I'm Derby and I'm currently in the premiership, Tom Cairney is my star player and after some interest from spurs I've gotten him to sign a new four year deal at the club, surely as he is my key player and last seasons club player of the year the fans should be somewhat happy that he's just signed a new long term contract with us

Now i'm not asking for huge increase in 'Cairney' shirt sales (though that would be nice), but just a little message saying that the fans are delighted that a key member of the squad has agreed a new deal, also a slight increase in your popularity with the fans wouldn't go a miss

Last edited:
More interaction with the FA.
For example
Was just playing WBA with Spurs and 4 of my players were injured and 3 by bad tackles.
I would like to be able to complain to the FA about this,

Could also be able to complain against Referees when they have bad games?

More interaction with the FA.
For example
Was just playing WBA with Spurs and 4 of my players were injured and 3 by bad tackles.
I would like to be able to complain to the FA about this,

Could also be able to complain against Referees when they have bad games?

how about a change in fixtures, like if u have 5 big games in a row

I know it's a bit beyond FM's scope. But I'd love to see more about the club while outside of a game. Remember on the old Pro Evo Soccer games where during master league you would see small pictures of your players, or fans gathered around for a picture, or fans buying shirts and gear?

Sometimes I feel a little disconnected from FM. It still feels a little too sterile.

A system where the user can save their game duing a match i have had so many games that have crashed on me during a match that it is unbelivable.

Back