Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

I'd like to be able to appeal against red cards and win. I get some right ****-ups from the ref yet you never seem to win an appeal.

The ability to load more leagues after you have already started your game.

Of course there may be some complications with this, such as tracking stats, but I'm sure SI would be up for the task.

Last edited:
If im honest i think you should have more options to know your players
like when players have you as favoured personal i think that should benefit you aswell as the player
like if they have enough respect for you, you could ask personal questions such as "who do you hate" and stuff like that.
another suggestion is like if alot of players love the club and love the way your handling it and your favoured personal maybe if you got sacked for whatever reason the players that your favoured personal with go on strike and refuse to play or something, and maybe if you dont win the strike the players want to go to the club you went to (if you got rehired) because in fm11 i dont feel like im connecting with my players

Bring back the distinction of speed between match and highlights, rather than live action and replays. With the setting I like seeing the highlights is too fast in the text phases and the speed for text phase is too slow for the highlights. In older versions I could pick the speed of each part so when I didn't use full match mode I could have everything at the right speed.

It would be nice a new mode for player search in which instead of stats in the filters it would be interaction with a scout and with a drop down ask him to look for position/role. So I could go to the screen, scout interaction maybe, and choose a drop down which said |decent-fairli good-good-etc|Deep playmaker-trequartista-offensive wingback-target man|

Last edited:
As soon as any new FM game is out people are desperate to comment on what needs to be improved.

overseas youth camps, so as to bring in players from other countries with high potential that are under the age of 18

I would like to set the tone of the pre-match talk, and also more options to choose.

Also, nobody likes overly aggressive players in the real world (like Pepe), but I think they should be better represented in the game.

Other thing, probably already cited, is the possibility that on offerring player on loan, choose to reply only the ones offering real first team possibilities and non agreed future fee.

I think would be interesting to say a player really interested on joining your team, that hes agent isnt very collaborative.

Also when you get 2/3 players injuried in a game, I would like to criticize the opposing manager.

When sending players on loan you should be able to suggest training schedules, or at least a focus on specific attribute

And in your training, you should be able to choose more than one attribute focus, and some to not pay attention at all

Better management of players not immediately involved in plays. Or even involved. It's really annoying to see them be like posts. Things like winger switches play to the other side, AMC is in the way of the ball, the ball rebounds of him and he stays or continues like he was a zombie. No clue of having tried to move away or control the ball and missing and no run for the ball. Tackles that send the ball nearby a teammate, but said teammate remains in place until the opposition from clearly farther has got the ball because his behavior wasn't checked. Or a player runs with the ball then a zombiemate runs by the ball knocking it loose and breaking the promising (or fearsome) play.

The impression I get from the unrealistic big delays in things like that makes me sure it's about the checking uninvolved players' reaction in much longer intervals or somesuch, rather than any expression of a low anticipation/reflex/something score. I mean, ball bounces off AMC, DC runs for it 0.5 secs after, the AMC runs 1.0secs after?, okay, the AMC may be slow. The AMC takes five seconds to stop running to the opposing goal?, sure and I'm the Pope's son.

I'd really like the idea of being able to build overseas Youth Academies and stuff in places where they is developing footballing talent such as Brazil etc. and having regens progress through my academy mplus the ability to hire coaches fro my academy and imrpove its facilities etc. I do not want too much control over the club's administration as then its more like a Chairman game and realistically its not in a Managers CV in real life although the idea of Youth Academies sounds pretty fun

I'd also like the option to complain against referee's, just to make the game more realistic

I also wish we could start our career as U-18 coaches or something along those lines and then build our career, just seems a tad unrelaistic that u are immediately the manager of a club even though your reputation is a Sunday League Footballer plus would greatly appreciate it if FM could also recreate the Academy League

i know this has been mentioned but choosing a role per player so you dont have to change the roll every time you sub someone would be very handy, i always seem to forget to change them, then i wonder why on earth theyre playing so ****!

One of the things I've been meaning to mention is that in a search we need to be able to select "based in" based on a continent, as well as region!

You can select nationality based on which continent (africa, asia etc...) but when you look for where a player is based at, you cannot.

It's a pain when I'm looking for Under 18 Africans with european nationality as I have to select each region, rather than an entire continent.

I know, small pickles, but it's such a simple feature that would help me and other "scouts" like me.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 AM ----------

I'd also like to see players embracing each other after goals rather than always getting into circles and dancing.

Also players pushing and shoving. Considering the amount of animations added every year, I'd imagine this is a strong possibility

There's quite a few things I would like to see:
1) overseas youth academies
2) more info and interaction with other clubs: for example if I've signed three players from the same club they may ask me to become their affiliation so that they can loan my reserve/ youth players, or if for example I have loaned players from Chelsea and I have turned them into very good players Chelsea may be very happy and ask to be affiliates.
3) more player/trainer/club relationships, for example Guus Hiddink tried to convince Chelsea to make a deal with PSV as they're his fav team. Or when a manager leaves a club the players may follow the manager and even accept lower wages if necessary. More friendship between players, if I sign a player and he's very happy at the club, if I go after one of his former teammates or countrymen they may be more likely to sign for me since their friendship would affect the transfer.
4) reputation changes. For example if I sign five players from brazil and they have all been very happy at my club, my reputation in Brazil/ south America will increase leading to players from that region being more likely to sign for me
5) a lot more transfer hype in the news. There should be a separate sector filled with transfer rumours and player interviews where they may say they're looking for a transfer or rumours about big clubs scouting certain players/ countries. In real life there's articles every week about clubs having sent scouts to certain matches or countries to scout certain players
6) ability to view other teams matches. You should be able to choose a fixture before- hand and have the option of going to that match. In real life managers often go to other teams matches to check out players or tactics. This happens a lot before champions league games against tough opponents or in world cup games when managers are looking for new players

id like them to add penalties into the game. im in the 30th game of my season and my entire league has only had 24 penalties

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

More interaction with the FA.
For example
Was just playing WBA with Spurs and 4 of my players were injured and 3 by bad tackles.
I would like to be able to complain to the FA about this,

Could also be able to complain against Referees when they have bad games?

I loved the older ones where you could criticise refs. I lost in europe, had 2 sent off and 8 booked whilst they had one booked, and I've not exactly set them up to kill.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

I know this would be really difficult, but id love them to add the actual stadiums in. The new touches with stdiums, and being able to see outside the smaller grounds is nice, but it would be awesome to actually have your own stadium in the game. Could maybe leave it open so some genius could design the grounds, kinda like the face patches.

Also loved in LMA wher you got a picture of your ground, and got to see how it looked when it was upgraded.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

when looking for players through the search screen, it would be good if you got the octagon box and were able to move the pointers to select the shape you want for the players abilities instead of using numbers. and to be able to compare more than two players at one time.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

I would love to see no thread asking about fm 13

Anyone got any ideas what they would like to see in FM14?

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I like these ideas.

Hi,

Just a quick topic which has had me thinking and may well exist already in FM2011.

I like this, and also Celtic, Champions League winners 2013 and Scotland World Cup winner 2014

In example, the new owners at Blackburn after buying the club had a sit down with Sam Allardyce to discuss the clubs future. I'm not sure whether this exists because I'm stubbling through my first save as reading and only a season and a half through! I think it would be a good addition on a number of levels.

1) Applying for a new job, you're asked to an interview and asked relevant questions from the board i.e. why do you want to come here? What style of football are you planning? What are your asprirations? etc. Then if they decide to employ you, your expectations and budgets are calculated from this.

2)When your approaching a new contract or when you are in a precarious position. I.e. What are you going to change? Why have you failed? and again What are your aspirations?

3) Similar to the above but when a new owner has taken charge, they can arrange a sit down which ultimately makes the decision whether to keep you on or keep you on a trial etc. It would also be good for the user to have to look into the personaility of the owners and decide you need to change your style in order to match their opinions.

What do you guys reckon?

Leeds United - Information - History - Npower Championship winners 2011

tbh thats what i want to see!

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

I like these ideas.

Hi,

Just a quick topic which has had me thinking and may well exist already in FM2011.

Ive complained about this for years. SI think League 2 goals are long kicks that bounce of 7 players and go through the keepers legs, if a player is outside the 6 yard box he can only kick it wide. id suggest they watch Soccer AM and see some of the goals in the lower leagues which are better than in the EPL.

In example, the new owners at Blackburn after buying the club had a sit down with Sam Allardyce to discuss the clubs future. I'm not sure whether this exists because I'm stubbling through my first save as reading and only a season and a half through! I think it would be a good addition on a number of levels.

1) Applying for a new job, you're asked to an interview and asked relevant questions from the board i.e. why do you want to come here? What style of football are you planning? What are your asprirations? etc. Then if they decide to employ you, your expectations and budgets are calculated from this.

2)When your approaching a new contract or when you are in a precarious position. I.e. What are you going to change? Why have you failed? and again What are your aspirations?

3) Similar to the above but when a new owner has taken charge, they can arrange a sit down which ultimately makes the decision whether to keep you on or keep you on a trial etc. It would also be good for the user to have to look into the personaility of the owners and decide you need to change your style in order to match their opinions.

What do you guys reckon?

I would like the game to be more realistic. You don't shoot 5 one on one chances off target. You don't miss chances just because you play for a "small club"

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

I like these ideas.

Hi,

joey is the best english midfielder in englad. thats fact....joey told us

What do you guys reckon?

Don't think they could do things like that for legal reasons can they? Like why they can't say players get drug bans, regens can (If you get 20 years or so in the future)

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 AM ----------

Couldn't let this drop being a Toon fan, bar the Pedersen incident, Joey has been excellent in non retaliation. See Wolves this year, targetted by the entire Wolves team and lucky not to be injured.

:D

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

how about the chance to have an affiar with a glamour model then take out a super injunction

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

I like these ideas.

Hi,

When I offer a player, the offers come back as his value, not what I asked and always non negotiable. The only non negotiable part would be from the selling team, I should still be able to say, no I want £Xm. I should also be able when I offer out a player to say its non negotiable so dont even bother replying if you dont match it.

What do you guys reckon?

A button that says 'No actually, I don't want 2 million over 48 months, Im in debt now, not in 48 months.'

---------- Post added 22/05/2011 at 12:11 AM ---------- Previous post was 21/05/2011 at 11:47 PM ----------

I like these ideas.

Hi,

WISH I COULD BUY SOME CHARISMA

What do you guys reckon?

I wish that Managers could spend the money they earn. When I get a contract offer from a club, I always ask for lowest wage possible and that just seems wrong

They could add a feature which will enable Managers to learn languages through spending money or what would be better is having a charisma or reputation(Already exists) attribute ,which will help you attract better players amongs others things. You could spend your money(from your very own Wage) to increase your Charisma or Reputation.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

I like these ideas.

Hi,

Then all you have to do is buy a young messi or ronaldo and eventually youll have an amazing team without putting much effort in

What do you guys reckon?

What you think of this idea - to be same like in PES, instead to player retire, player be again in playable mode with 16 years. example, Gerrard has 38, and then he "disappeared" one year, and then again he will ne in Liverpool U18 for example ;)

---------- Post added at 01:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

I like these ideas.

Hi,

we'll give them glenn loovens back, hes *****

What do you guys reckon?

And some clubs never get paid in that way:

Cardiff could face penalties over unpaid money to Feyenoord from Glenn Loovens' switch to Celtic

That's just one example of the dozen other transfers were clubs still wait on cash. Some even 10 year old deals.

Tiny little Idea, but I think that you should be able to offer Key Players testemonials after they retire, for example, Demar Phillips retired on my Exeter save the other day, and he's been key to pretty much everything I've done in the last 5 or so years. In real life the player would officially retire at the end of the season, and then come back and play one last friendly against the team of his choice, or just as often, a team made up of players he's played with. So would their be a possibility of having a choice to offer the player a testemonial, and allowing him to choose the teams, or individual players playing?

I like the idea of offering testemonials to legends.

How about being able to manage just the U18 side of Manchester United for example and work your way up? Minor touch but I think it would be more realistic and would also give you chance to familiarise your youth players in case you become manager in future.

Being able to set up youth academies abroad would be the ****. Something similar to what Barcelona have done with FCB Juniors Lujan in Argentina. Developing raw talent in emerging countries would really improve the game.

having an option to select to win a trophy (for smaller teams) for board expecations instead of just the league position.. have two objectives at the start. say you are Everton, you will win the FA Cup and finish in Europe....

an option to have a on and off the ball tactic as often teams that play 4-5-1 will turn into a 4-3-3 when they have the ball, hate to say it but i think the last championship manager had that as a feature

an option to have a on and off the ball tactic as often teams that play 4-5-1 will turn into a 4-3-3 when they have the ball, hate to say it but i think the last championship manager had that as a feature
Yes,it had that option and it was great.

Back