Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

to be able to see how many goals who have conceded from set pieces and crosses and where these crosses came from

I want the option of fully customizable, user-defined shortcuts for any possible screen. I hate having to click through the menus to get to the boardroom screen.

All I ******* want is a ******* ballboy, so my players don't take 10 mins to fetch the ******* ball.

Go to a completely different club. That's the beauty of Football Manager - you can play a completely different game by going to a country you know nothing about, football-wise. For example, I recently had a brilliant game with Australian side Gold Coast United, despite not knowing anything about A-League football.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Go to a completely different club. That's the beauty of Football Manager - you can play a completely different game by going to a country you know nothing about, football-wise. For example, I recently had a brilliant game with Australian side Gold Coast United, despite not knowing anything about A-League football.

A bit less of defender clears the ball onto the back of a teammate.

In patch's 11.3 changelog it's said less running with the ball out of bounds, but I have never seen it so frequently as from 11.3.

(I lost my train of thoughts, but there's something I said wasn't happening and hadn't ever and the other day I saw it happening at last. I guess next will be not seeing again the clearing of balls into teammates' backs.)

I think player interaction can still be improved. Specifically I remember having seen a lot of players (in real life this is) say that their manager has set them a target for the season (X amount of goals or Y amount of games in the first team).

It would also be good to be able to review the season with players; say what if you think it has been a good season, discuss areas which need improving; perhaps choose your own player of the season. Likewise it would be good to be able to discuss with players individually their performances and their season overall, rather than just 'You've been playing well recently' or 'you've been below expectations'.

Fix where players who have the 'tries tricks' ppm do stepovers non stop. Even when they are wide open with space to run into, they just keep doing pointless stepovers. It's stupid, needs fixing.

- Fix the overpowered attacking/supporting fullbacks/wingbacks, they don't make so many passes IRL than they do now, which tells quite well that they work too well
- Part of the previous problem, wingers doesn't seem to defend well enough, they give fullbacks too much space and when fullbacks start to overlap, they don't follow them
- Fix AMC's defending, they don't defend, no matter what you do
- Decrease the amount of goals from corners by 75% or so, too many goals from corners, both for you and for AI
- Dribbling is way too easy, you can set your winger to run with ball often and almost every time he beats the defender even if the defender is better. Defenders just back of and let the winger go past them without any resistance

Hmm, i have a carried over list from previous versions, updated since the release of fm11, with those irrelevant ideas removed, and new ideas added. I'd outright post it but the problem is its 10 pages long.

Last edited:
Fix where players who have the 'tries tricks' ppm do stepovers non stop. Even when they are wide open with space to run into, they just keep doing pointless stepovers. It's stupid, needs fixing.
I have to agree on that. My Javier Pastore just does stepovers when he's got so much space. In that time and space he could do something clever with his speed but no...10 stepovers back to back. I don't even see that in real life.

New PPM, keeps passes on the ground. Even with direct passing looks to keep the ball on the ground. Of course doesn't waste possession when keeping it simple, but when trying to do long direct passes they are easier to intercept, and doesn't make so many passes over the defenders for wingers/strikers to run into, so might decrease the attacking threat if given to wrong player.

A timing stat.

Think about it; it would mean different things to different players: for a defender it would mean timing a defender, for a creative midfielder it would be the ability to time passes, and for a striker it would be timing a shot.

that's pretty much anticipation and decision...

able to load all training set in training meny INSTEAD of clicking them one by one

simply having real sponsers knowing what they are when they announce a new sponser it would be nice to be like "hey i'm sponsered by nike" or whatever

In league and FA cup matches, you need to make it so when you draw a big team, you get a lot of money.

Crawley earned around a million pound irl for playing Man U but this does not happen on FM.

I would like to be able to tell your players to work on there weaker foot...

- general improvement of database, it shouldn't triple the game speed to have a few extra players available to you
- more DIFFERENT questions in interviews, im sick of answering the same questions after every match
- more realistic fan reaction ( i dont mean celebrating a goal) im 12 points clear at the top of the league and got a match against second place that could see me go up, and i've got just 26 more fans than a tuesday night home match in the fa trophy second round against barrow :/ In a similar way, when i lost 1-0 away to leeds as afc wimbledon, after dominating the match, it said 'fans slightly concerned about leeds result' which i thought was ridiculous.

A graphical presentation when you win trophies etc, or at least a graphical trophy cabinate. In addition, for older players (30 above) who are are free to reduce their wage demands, I had a 37 year or John Terry asking for 105 k a week.

Back