Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

one feature that i want from the FIFA Manager series (yeah, you heard right)..is building training academies in foreign countries..that way your scouting knowledge of that country is high...plus higher chances of getting good youngsters from that country, depending on how good the academy is....basically just a more in-depth feature than just improving your youth recruitment network

New scouting system( I hate the stars because I think its unrealistic), Being able to do something with Youth acadamies and personal life stuff from FIFA manager cos otherwise theres no point to wages

one feature that i want from the FIFA Manager series (yeah, you heard right)..is building training academies in foreign countries..that way your scouting knowledge of that country is high...plus higher chances of getting good youngsters from that country, depending on how good the academy is....basically just a more in-depth feature than just improving your youth recruitment network

u can establish a feeder club in a foreign country, for sign foregin scout to increase knowlegde

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

New scouting system( I hate the stars because I think its unrealistic), Being able to do something with Youth acadamies and personal life stuff from FIFA manager cos otherwise theres no point to wages

u must be wondering where did the 200k per week money go.

i will prefer more realistic manager replacement..... ancelotti got sacked in my game during the end of first season when he end in the second position... and they replace him with mancini who lead man city to 7th position........... wth.....
Half of that happened in real life :P

An API to allow for scripted media!!

Ok, I have a few suggestions.
I have read only half of the whole 20 pages of suggestions, so apologies if some of the following ideas have already been suggested
(but I don't think, at least for my 1st ones :)

- Make interactions with players, coaches and managers scriptable :
Export an API to allow anyone to check some variables (player injured, number of match won in a row, number of goals since the beginning of the championship, morale of a player and so on and so on... ).
So that people can easily insert more realistic medias article.
The more variables, the more possibilities, the more realistic the articles will be.
I am sure that there would be volunteers to write nice articles displayed when right conditions are met during the game.
There could be a "repository" for this kind of scripted media that anyone could commit into.
You could even have a partnership with a real media journalist to write some of these articles.
This would allow to have much nicer medias articles and to have a "real" personality in medias (rather than feeling they are generated).

- Also export an API to explore a saved game (which I think has the whole history of the whole game played)
Right now, you have to hack & figure out the format of the save games yourself with an hex heditor.
You would be surprised by the number of plugins that could be made with this, really, what are the risks ?
This could allow programmers to easily write user scripts or programs that exports nice graphs of their player improvements or any other stats that you could imagine.
And the more programs in football manager community, the more your game becomes interesting.

I think you should have the option to buy first refusal on players that can last from 1 to 5 years

I would like to see more detail put into the manager part. When I say this I mean more detail put into your contract like clauses such as bonuses, and get out clauses in your contract (big team get out clause, or favourite team). More stats for your manageral career aswell that you earn as you go along.

Apart from that I dont think much needs to be changed. :)

How about winning an appeal against a red card!! thats harder than united beating barcelona in the cl final! lol

u can establish a feeder club in a foreign country, for sign foregin scout to increase knowlegde

I know about those..but clubs do have academies in some countries IRL...and i was talking about more in terms of something like if an academy was created in uganda for example...and its a really good one..then the quality of ugandan footballers would also slowly improve..so it might even benefit the country over the long term

Yea! Like buying liquor and hookers and purchasing new 50 inch TV and paying your gas bill!!! I'm going to start a petition to SI right now for this feature!

I have 2 ideas, sorry if they have already been suggested:

- Motivation and hidden personality attributes overhaul in order to reflect one of the major variables of contemporary football, motivation management. Both André Vilas-Boas and Pep Guardiola are brilliant managers who publicly admitted to favour human management over pure "tactical" expertise, Mourinho is also known to be a motivational expert. Nowadays it is a defining attribute of any given successful manager. Implementing it could be trickier then suggesting it though!

- "Career mode" with some RPG elements. In this mode the player starts unemployed in a game setup with at least 2 countries. The objective is to build a career by breaking some achievements and gathering xp that allows to unlock some new manager attributes (e.g. "Tiki-taka zealot!" -> all you players gain a +5 creativity +5 decisions as long as their morale is over "very good"... just an example!).

Since I think I've said here about getting players I order to be always on a man be always on the man instead of giving him miles to play in, I must now make a note that due to a bad guide seen some time ago I had "closing down" and "mark tightly" as OI confused and so I wasn't setting the instructions I wanted. What was wrong wasn't anything about FM, it was me who had something very wrong.

don't know if this has already been said but i'd love to see an actual presentation of a trophy when u win them...

Actual discussions with coaches and chairmen/owners to show views and stuff, ability to fallout with your chairman or have a difference in opinion.

Even though it's obviously going to have a negative impact on your team, I'd love to see injuries occurring during warm-up know and again as it does happen IRL

Brilliant stuff mate

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Basically, i'd like to be able to persuade a player to stay at the club.. In '11, i was coventry and Keiren Westwood left on a free. his agent just kept telling me that he didnt want to enter contract discussions. Better player intercation, it could be, or maybe a chance to lay down an offer even if they dont want to stay. o well

Players who actually realize that their place on the team is on the bench and for back up purposes only!!!
No matter what their club status is or what their contract says they still expect continuous first team football. These related unhappy player conversations get incredibly boring

i would like them to put more time into the stadium detail and try to replicate what the stadiums actually look like, also i'd like an option where you can choose what ur stadium can look like if your chairman decides to change it

good idea!

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

When it says the fans are leaving early, it would actually be good to see the stadium capacity increasing towards the end of the game.

A clearer indicationn about 1st and 2nd year scholars, On the squuad screen I'd like to see something on who are 1st and 2nd, because I don't want to offer a contract toa first year and them turn out to be ****, I like to see how they develop first, maybe different colours on the squad screen or just some simple text.

Back