Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

A clearer indicationn about 1st and 2nd year scholars, On the squuad screen I'd like to see something on who are 1st and 2nd, because I don't want to offer a contract toa first year and them turn out to be ****, I like to see how they develop first, maybe different colours on the squad screen or just some simple text.

I don't understand. You are speaking about youth team ? You can already display their age or when their contract (if any) will end. Isn't it what you want ?

I would like to see development when speaking to people directly (e.g. Players & the board). I would also like the ability to answer certain dissapointments my board have outlined in their monthly feedback (e.g. My board have recently said they are unhappy about my decision to sell a player. I would like the option to explain my reasons for selling the player such as 'player x was no longer part of my 1st team plans', 'i wanted to get player x off the wage budget', 'player x didnt have the right attitude' or 'player x's performances had been poor'.

The facility to create a cup competition with maximum number of teams and something to reduce the chances of an edit database becoming currupt.

Be able to record easily any action during a match in real time.

Imagine, you see an incredible action. You don't believe your eyes.
Stop playing, go back to the beginning of the action and press space (or any other customizable key) :
the recording starts while the action is being played. Press space again, the recording stops.
Your video is now available in your library.

Currently, you can only record the whole match and not excerpts of a match
(and I have not found how by the way...). In order to have a greater social network impact, this is a must have.
Also be able to share easily screenshots of the game (jpg compressed for smaller sizes).

i think i speak for everyone when i say that the german team needs to be loaded FROM THE START not by unlocking stuff in 'my computer'

A notification when a player has a birthday.

and faces should be on game allready aswell as club n comp logos !!!!!!!!!!!!

This one has been suggested many times, but it is also important to me :
be able to dynamically activate/deactivate a league during a game (or just once per year for example).
Nevermind if it takes a very long time to compute things... : I prefer waiting maybe 5 minutes of processing and have 2 more leagues (because I think there are not enough players in my game, or because I want to renew my game somehow) than having to restart my game from the very beginning. Also if I think the game has become too slow after 4 or 5 seasons (because of regens or anything else..), I'd like to be able to dynamically remove some leagues.

People have probably mentioned this but I'd like to be able to speak to my staff like the players. I'd like to have more detailed discussions with my players and I'd like to have the option to talk to a players agent before making an offer for the player or when discussing the deal. I'd also like to be able to talk to a clubs manager/chairman when I'm making a bid for one of their players instead of waiting for my bid to get accepted/rejected.

As a non league fan, I would like England C added to the game ( England's non league team ) and I also would like weather it be via press conference / after match conference or a direct link to the national manager, we being able to inform a national manager that we think one of our players is good enough to be called up and invite them to the next game to watch the aforementioned player

Just my thoughts

Increased player and media interactions. Eg Rooney attacks manager in twitter rant. Or sunday newspapers claiming player x has been seen leaving a ***** house with three prostitutes.

Be able to record easily any action during a match in real time.

Imagine, you see an incredible action. You don't believe your eyes.
Stop playing, go back to the beginning of the action and press space (or any other customizable key) :
the recording starts while the action is being played. Press space again, the recording stops.
Your video is now available in your library.

Currently, you can only record the whole match and not excerpts of a match
(and I have not found how by the way...). In order to have a greater social network impact, this is a must have.
Also be able to share easily screenshots of the game (jpg compressed for smaller sizes).

u can set what to record. not oly the goals, but also incidents or highlights.

i wanna see Egyptian league :D :D

i wanna make offer for the agent and the agent talk with the club ...

u can set what to record. not oly the goals, but also incidents or highlights.
Why let the game choose ? Ok if it is already partially implemented, that's cool.
But what if I want to record only one goal among all in the match ?
What if I want to make my own video library with for example just "the 10 best goal of the season" or the best goals stops or the biggest crappy faults ?
Impossible currently.
Moreover, it is not easy to record something (you have to record *after* the match has played, you cannot choose *during* the match).

If the goal is to share cool actions with other FM player all around the world, why not let us really choose what we want to record while the match is playing ?

And also, it looks as if we were forced to upload it. What if I just want to save it on my hard disk to watch it without connecting to internet ?

Kit editor

I would personally like to be able to edit your teams kit at the end of every season. You could change the design, colours and sponsors. You would get better sponsorship money on how well your team performed in the previous season. So i.e if you got relagated then you'd get a rubbish sponsor and kit manfacturer (mira and carbrini) but if you won the league you'd be offered amazing ones (fly emirates and nike). Also if you designed a rubbish kit fans and pundits would comment on it saying how bad it was and what you should of done. i.e changing your home kit to the colours of your rivals. This would drop kit sales and give you less income. I'd feel this feature would make you feel more like a manager because your doing more stuff, not just boring press conferences (which at first were kind of cool but then you realise its the same questions over and over again).

i hope it will be more realistic in transfers
when chelsea sign david luiz for 25 m in real life it is considered high bid
but in the game most of good defensive players are more than this amount of money
there is a big gap between player value and the asking bid
the other thing is that it is hard to loan out young players

People have probably mentioned this but I'd like to be able to speak to my staff like the players. I'd like to have more detailed discussions with my players and I'd like to have the option to talk to a players agent before making an offer for the player or when discussing the deal. I'd also like to be able to talk to a clubs manager/chairman when I'm making a bid for one of their players instead of waiting for my bid to get accepted/rejected.

I agree with this, eg. when a player u are trying to sign doesn't want to join u I would like to be able to talk to them to convince them to join, ie. tell them they will be a key player, tell them they will get a huge wage increase, tell them u will let them be loaned backed to their old club, etc.

I would like to be able to ask my staff what players they would recommend, u can already do this with players but not with staff which makes no sense as I would trust my staff on a potential buy much more than one of my players.

For the chairman, I also agree, eg. when u ask for a feeder club to say improve profits (an American team is the obvious choice) and they will normally end up giving me a team in eastern Europe (never a rich one) so I think it would make sense to be able to suggest a club to the chairman and if it is turned down u can offer another one etc. instead of them offering u a team u have never heard of.

Talking to the players agent could also be usefull but the above would be my main asks.

I also think that they have to get the Japanese J-League as it is starting to become a popular league and in 50 years could well be one of the best in the world.

Back