Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

- Take over mode, or Possession mode. Instead of creating a new manager you get in the skin of an existing one with his past, his reputation and see how low you can drag his name :P

- When there's news that you're interested in a player, having an option to respond denying or confirming it, being ambiguous or letting it known that it will depend on current player performances.

- I liked the old choose activities for each day/part of day, but I guess since the move to sliders is done. Besides, it makes sense as that would be tasks to be decided by the coaches. So, don't count this one as serious.

- If you have more than one assistant, in the team talk and OI screens, let you choose who to ask the recommendations.

- Filter to press: you talk to the press about internal matters. As players can go to press to speak about their dealings with you (X said the manager's team talk in the half time was awful/inspiring) or X has let be known he's unhappy with his wages, you could go to press to say things like "the board refused wrongly to increase stadium capacity/give me more wages/increased transfer budget/etc", "training is sloppy", "bad training, players don't effort themselves/coaches slack off", or positive things. Talk about any staff/board matter.

- I would think that if you have a national team and a league team playing the same day, unless the times and distances between stadiums are so that it gives you time to fly from the end of one to reach the start of the other, you should have to choose what match you manage and what you have to leave in your assistant's hands. I had one day a match with Córdoba (or was it Coventry?) and Ivory Coast the same day, though I didn't take much note of hour, so this might be implemented and they were separated enough in time.

More realistic regens (centrebacks with **** aerial stats, more amazing players from Serbia or Croatia than Brazil?). And much higher chance of a Superkid being created at your own club, especially if you're at an Elite team. I only ever seem to get dross compared to non-human clubs.

EDIT: for young players (under 21, say) PA should increase and decrease, based on form, first team chances/playing with youth squads regularly, quality of training facilities/youth coaches.

Last edited:
A better overall selection of manager comments for me.The ones at the moment are for five year olds. And i want to be able to select them any time i want.Why cant i tell the press that one of my players is the best in England or Europe? More options that shape the personality of the type of manager you are. Sweet

They should give you an option to keep a players settings. I get fed up of having to change players sliders before each game. I generally have the same individual slider settings for most of my players, but if I was to swap players they take on the settings that the previous player had, I then have to go through changing them all. This also goes for attacking/defending corners/freekicks settings. This would save me hours of fiddling around before each game.

the option to have more than one favourite club, or to include your hometown in manager info so that the game has more options for the mundane press conferences

1. would like too see a chairman mode, where you can pick sponsor at the end of each season/contract ends.
2. i 2nd the england cteam idea
3. would like to manage u21 teams
4. if you have a succesful management career the chance to be asked to be the manager for the olympic team.

id like to see the home town thing so if ya join ya home town club its mentioned in press
another thing would be to take over as under 18s manger and work ur way up ie under 18s 21s and then full team
i dont think theres any need to do more to match engine as i love that feature as it is so leave it alone lol

Get rid of the weird computer generated faces. Just go out in the street and pay 1,000 people £10 to take their photo, or have fans send theirs in. I naturally hate regens because they look so spooky, my 199 PA looks like casper the friendly ghost.

Im England's manager aswell as managing valencia, I had a friendly for Eng on the 13th of feb and a spanish cup game on the 14th of feb.

Some of my players are in both teams, i.e Jack Wilshere and Kyle Walker, I was able to get back in time for the SC clash but them two was not. I think that in FM12 that this should be sorted, either I cant make it to the game or we all make it. Its unrealistic that I can make it and they cant.

i would like to see a music player in fm12, like in fifa manager.

I think a good idea for the pressing slider for individuals, is to split it into two, Pressing(for how high you want them to push up when the opposition have the ball) and tracking back(how far down the pitch players will track back), this would be especially good for attacking players and would be best if only midfielders and attackers had the slider seperated.

FM11 was great, especially the addition of contract negotiations (one of the best additions in years) but as always a few things need improving/adding;

1) Why have they removed the squad split screen view on the main squad screen? You now have to view the squad downwards which is annoying. You could view your whole squad when it was split across the screen width-ways. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK
2) When you have early/late kick-offs for tv why do all the results still come in at the same time? They should finish individually as in real time.
3) There is hardly ever any decent available quotes to make about opposition managers - why? I don't even bother doing this anymore as it's just too boring now.
4) Why when I rarely (once a month max) single out a forthcoming opponents star player as a threat does it say 'the media do not care as he is always saying it'? Fix this for FM12 please.
5)I know it must be difficult to keep it fresh but the press conferences are once again extremely repetitive.
6)A few versions ago you could select 'rest players before matchday' in the team settings menu. This needs to return.
7)Please SI get some sponsors on board. I'm fed up of seeing the same old rubbish on the ad boards and I don't see why I should have to add in the 'ad boards' pack each time I buy the new version. They would queue around the block to get their name in this game, you'd be quids in. Then you could maybe re-invest the monies gained on proper licensing for the competitions?
8)Presentation of trophies/celebrating promotions in 3d view after the game.
9)I've just seen a suggestion from someone else where when if you apply for another job or your club has a board takeover you are interviewed and actually asked questions by them - superb idea.

I would like the ability to play 3d matches on poor computers because if you think about it the 3d matches are extremely poor in 5 star quality anyway so why not give everyone the oportunity to watch there games in 3d? :/

wont happen...

I would like the ability to play 3d matches on poor computers because if you think about it the 3d matches are extremely poor in 5 star quality anyway so why not give everyone the oportunity to watch there games in 3d? :/

wont happen...

Wtf? You can choose 3D match view on any computer.

if your comp is like mine (****) you can't

Seriously? I've played this FM on around 8 computers (not all mine, obviously) of differing quality, and every one could run 3D match view.

Tbf though, you're not missing too much if your computer is THAT bad. Far too jerky.

Seriously? I've played this FM on around 8 computers (not all mine, obviously) of differing quality, and every one could run 3D match view.

Tbf though, you're not missing too much if your computer is THAT bad. Far too jerky.

my game speed is half a star, premier league selected only. ;_;

Many things i would like to see in FM12...

- Less bugs
- More realistic friendship with other managers
- A chance to " make/edit " A new kit each year
- Choose Different sponsor on the shirt, more detailed
- More variaton on the tactics, more freedom to place players whenever you feel
- A trophy room to view trophys you've won
- Set up own personal goals
- Add training camps/tour, like Real Madrid is going to Asia and Man Utd to USA
- More bonding with players in squad, arrange a family day, fan day at the stadium
- Have full control at the match ticket price, higher price against bigger teams etc.
- Press conference, more freedom to speak, more different answers not just the same over and over

If you guys ask a high profile football manager, i think they will tell you press conferences are extremey repetitive and boring. So if you want realism, you want boring and repetitive press conferences.

Back