Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

1. Job interviews, having to give like a 3 year plan or something like start of season expectations for the next 3/4/5 seasons in the interview.

2. Getting rid of PA or change it. I have a 21 year old that has already pretty much reached his potential and he's a very good player but why would he stop improving at this age?

3. Better player interaction. More things to ask, maybe telling the boys to go out together on a day off team building for the team to have better chemistry and team spirit. Players to talk to the press in interviews about the manager, the match, how they are going. I only ever see that at international level.

4. Better Press Conferences.

5. Better managerial interaction. After I beat a team 5-0 i don't want to be told by the other teams manager we would be better off trying not to walk the ball into the goal so a response saying something like "We just beat you 5-0 and your telling me how to do my job" and when i repsond by saying that i doubt the manager would bring success to the club it not saying 'Is there life on Mars?'

6. I don't know bout everyone else and i'm sure it wont happen and i'm not to bothered about it but imagine watching the game on football manager with FIFA graphics imo it would be insane!

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

7. I know everyone moans like mad about 1v1's being missed but i feel as though they have got it correct in one way because if every player scored most of there 1 on 1's the score would be about 13-11 so before they reduce the amount of 1v1's missed they need to reduce the amount of easy chances there are.

I was sitting playing Fifa while my brother who was sitting beside me was playing FM and i was thinking , how good it would be if the fifa graphics were used. It would be so good!!

Indicate ( maybe via the news section after a win in a big match ) that a loan player is willing to move to his loan club permantently, maybe something along the lines of .... In a recent media interview, " X " has stated that if his personal demands can be met he would be more than happy to commit his future to the club by making his loan move permanent.

This may seem nooby but why not add difficulty levels? You could set it to easy if you were new at the game or just wanted to win virtually every game. Then there could be normal, what most people would play, and expert, for people who'd played it for years.

Also, I think difficulty levels would mean more copies sold. A few of my friends have been scared off from buying it because they think it's too difficult.

the game isnt exactly complicated...you manage your team buy players. you make the game easier by making your assistant do most of the **** like training thats what i do couldnt be bothered with it

I'd just like to see the game made more realistic.

1.) I'd like to see touchline bans (for you and computer)
The FA not warning you for everything ie if you complain about an incorrect decision your team morale increases and if it's the correct decision you get warnings and suspended touchline bans etc.

2.) I also like the idea of interviews for jobs. With smaller teams giving things like bigger budgets as incentives to stay.

3.) Training ground bust ups when team harmony isn't high

4.) For players to want to move for family reasons or wanting to move country (or not move to a country).

5.) Other players to influence moves such as if gerrard to move to Bolton because carragher moved there etc.

6.) THE GERMAN NATIONAL TEAM!!!

All in all I just want a more realistic experience.

my improvements have got to be:

Editor: just allow us change simple things easily in editor. like mls for example i want to keep the current mls structure i dont want to edit the league in anyway except increasing the salary cap or getting rid of it, or editing the ammount of designated players the league allows. in the current game you can't do this without losing the mls strcture.

AI management-focus on team building. some managers might obviously be **** at this but most managers at least know how to evolve a team, some better than others. in fm, all managers are **** at it.

crazy managerial appointments-michael owen managing some championship team at 34....get lost. arsene wenger leaving arsenal for mid table seville....all happens and makes the game ****

This may seem nooby but why not add difficulty levels? You could set it to easy if you were new at the game or just wanted to win virtually every game. Then there could be normal, what most people would play, and expert, for people who'd played it for years.

Also, I think difficulty levels would mean more copies sold. A few of my friends have been scared off from buying it because they think it's too difficult.

I actually don't see what difficutly levels would add to the game.

I certainly don't see any game as too difficult, certainly not FM anyway. I think it really depends on the person who is playing on how difficult they want to make the game. If they want an easy game save, then pick Man United/Barca/ Shaktar and beast every competition you play in. And then after time make it more difficult for yourself by saying your only going to buy players under a certain age etc. I think if they added in a Difficulty Level, then I would struggle to see what you could change. Would the difficulty level decide how good your opponents are? How easy it is to sign someone? It would just make the game very un-realistic imo.

Its not a bad suggestion, but I don't see it working

I think difficulty levels would be a bad idea. I think it is nice that an achievement is the same for all players now.

I have a few suggestions:

- Make AI smarter. I think the AI is smart enough when it comes to match tactics, but it needs to get better at team building, transfers, and long-term thinking.

Last edited:
arnt difficulty settings already kind of available....just pick a really rubbish team in lots of debt - that would be very difficult...

An academy.

There could be more teams alongside the Senior, reserve and U18 teams eg U17,16,15,14. the players would be onschoolboy contracts and you could choose who to give youth contracts to. also you could poach 14 and 15 year olds from foreign countries. i think this would be better than the current system, where players just appear in the U18 team, most in positions where they will never touch the first team.

personally I would like to see more creative training schedules they are too simplistic for me! remember cm03/04 training schedules when you could make your won using things like pig in the middle, cross country running, 5 a side (small pitch), shooting, tactical training, training match, set piece defensive offensive, shadow play, closing down etc, cm03/04 training schedules really made you work on the training and development aspect!

also would love the game to be realistic like it is in spain whereby say for example pep guardiola thinks a certain position needs reinforcing you then say whether its high priority(first team or key player) middle priority(rotataion, squad player) or low priority meaning(youth player) then the technical director produces a list of say 5 names he thinks will be great for that position depending on the priority you select above for a position, then you use your scouts to scout the players then choose 3 of the 5 for your sporting director to try to sign the only say you have is which player you sign of the 3 for example you and the sporting director may disagree on a player and then depending on your prestige or status within the club depends on who you get also the sporting director and president set the wage but you have some say what the release clause should be! personally i think this is very realistic and for spain should be implemented as spanish managers don't have the freedom as they do in england to sign who they want.

another point is to make the president profile available as you can see what type of person they are etc and dependent on your success their attributes change ie say for example you have a tight president who doesn't spend much or like to spend but you win the league or cups etc then his trust in you and willingness to spend increases with your achievements etc but also if the president does like to spend etc but you fail to deliver the attributes go down!!

last point i was thinking of asking for things like tv deal etc dependent on how successful you are means you can negotiate tv deals and sponsorships but this isn't a managers area unless fm bring out fm chairman lol!

i would like to retract a previous post you can manager u21/u19 teams fromm the off in footymanager 2011. go to my threads to see how :D

[Sorry for bumping]

I'd like to be able to offer players (especially on loan) to specific clubs. So for example if I have a 20 year old promising midfielder who I want to get some Premier-League first team action, I can tick a box that says: "Offer to PL clubs" or "Offer to Bolton" (for example).

I would like to edit kits from year to year.Would be verry good to edit colors at least :D

A More dynamic relationship between a Manager, a board and the fans. Having a board-meeting each month would be fun [As long as the questions aren't repeated over and over again] and the fans having more of an impact when it comes to the Board and Manager. Even things like the Chairman buying a player, and demanding this player plays x amount of times or something.

In terms of kit editing, something like the kit editor that was used in Football Manager Live wouldn't be bad.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before..Testimonial Matches

And not just a simple option..a little bit more detailed...like being able to invite other club legends...whether they are still playing, have backroom roles at clubs or retired altogether...to play the match...It would help with club finances through gate receipts as well..if you're a rich club...donate it to charity :P

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

Has there ever been a case in the past, when a feature or two had been added to the upcoming version of FM, due to popular demand for them in forums?

2011- 2012 interaction suggestions

fm 2011 is awesome and i think after purchasing every manager game since about 2000, this is the best one, all i would suggest for 2012 is in news conferences have alot more questions, i already know what im going to say by the time i have read the first few words because i know what the question is.... you need to create interviews which differ year to year as you grow as a manager, being asked contrerversul questions which test your temper... if your interested in a player make them ask you about him in a conference instead of them asking you about a player whom you have never even looked at ?
i think you should also arrange team meeting weekly telling your team how you intend to play and what instructions to give instead of just weaker foot and so on.... i think if you win say the treble in your first season that a big club should sometimes take a gamble with you like chelsea have in real life.

Back