Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

Sorry if this has been covered. One thing I'd like to see is the press or odds makers doing a better job of adjusting based on past results. I mean, if I buy a few nice players and my team is suddenly killing other teams, I don't want to see them saying I'm a 10-1 underdog when I'm 12-1-1 and at the top of my table. I mean, that's long enough for them to say "ok, this team no longer sucks". If it's all tied to reputation, then reputation needs to move a little quicker. Look at it this way, if I beat a particular team 3-0, 3-1, 3-0 in the last 3 matches, and no one is hurt going into the 4th, skybet isn't going to make me 10-1 underdogs. They are in the business of winning bets, not giving away money. I know this doesn't affect the result/gameplay, but just for my imagination. I mean, I'm reading the paper about me and my team.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

How about being able to warn or fine a player for more than just getting sent off. Like, when a player goes to the press and "launches an extraordinary attack", I'd like to give him an extraordinary fine.

Also, if I promise a player a chance at the first team to pacify him, he shouldn't start crying again saying I failed to fulfill the promise when there has not even been another squad registration window since, and he's over 21. WTF'n F?

The odds are made based on reputation, not recent performances

A button to say **** off to teams who offer over installments, Pay as you Play deals for players who are injury prone and know it, and the Qatari League, the Saudi Arabian League, the UAE League and Proper Reserve and Youth Competitions.

Wage

may be i can buy things with my wage wish i consider it useless

Having applied for the Man City job and been turned down flat it got me thinking. In FM12 i would like to see you have a job interview when you apply for jobs, mayb in the same format as a press confrence. For when your the rank outsider have responces like " give me 10 games and if your not satisfied after that ill walk and donate all my pay earned to a local charity associated with the club" or something along those lines.

I would like to be able to pay off transfer fees with future budgets.Everyone has at some point used the buying over 48 month method at least once.At the end of every season players fees(at least in my experience have gone down for example in my chelsea save Lavezzi was £7.25m and Hamsik was £9m)I had no money to buy either tho due to spending at Christmas so I had to do the deals over 48 months.Then when I got my budget I had £60m plus £50 from the sale of Essien to united but I had no really expensive targets I wanted(except for cavani I lost out on Lavezzi to A.C Milan so I spent £28m on Cavani)What I would like to do with the money is instead of having it just gathering dust I would perfer to try and pay off the over 48 months deal I had made.I dont think its possible in the clauses section.But it would be good if I could be rid of the thing that is dragging down my monthly turnover.

How about more control over player fines. Instead of a week or two weeks wages, how about being able to select the amount, £500, £1000 etc depending on what your unhappy about. Obviously don't allow us to fine players a million quid or anything like that. Also to be able to give them into trouble for things they may say in the press, and to route out the **** mole who keeps leaking transfer stories. Mind you, its probably Craig Burley every time though.....

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

And how about when you've signed a player on a bosman, being able to make a small offer to the club to release him now instead of losing him for free in 6 months

How about more control over player fines. Instead of a week or two weeks wages, how about being able to select the amount, £500, £1000 etc depending on what your unhappy about. Obviously don't allow us to fine players a million quid or anything like that. Also to be able to give them into trouble for things they may say in the press, and to route out the **** mole who keeps leaking transfer stories. Mind you, its probably Craig Burley every time though.....

---------- Post added at 08:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

And how about when you've signed a player on a bosman, being able to make a small offer to the club to release him now instead of losing him for free in 6 months
First idea I like but the second ne is kinda defeating the purpose of a bosman.When you think about it.What you are suggesting is just a transfer.

yes, but it happens in real life. celtic signed kelvin wilson on a bosman but still offered forest a few hundred grand to get him in january....which they knocked back just to be spiteful seeing as they didnt use him. ive seen that happen a few times, and certainly if a player i dont want signs a bosman id rather just let him go there and then for free to get him off the wages. the pre contract after all is just between the player and the new club so could be ripped up.

---------- Post added 20/07/2011 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 19/07/2011 at 11:53 PM ----------

Two things have ****** me off drastically whilst playing FM tonight.
1. Why is it that every season in scotland my celtic team has to travel to ibrox after the split making it my third league trip in the season? have they not realised this doesnt happen? this fixture is organised every season so its two and two, even the SPL isnt that corrupt. there would be a riot in glasgow if that happened. im in my third season and for the second season in a row im about to make my third trip to ibrox. and the spl champions ALWAYS play at home on the opening day of the season, its in the rules, as theres a flag to be unfurled. they still have the champions going away on day one. so the spl champions and the first division champions dont meet on the opening day.

2.They still havent sorted the transfer system either despite me being told on this forum it was much better. i signed a quality player for £13m, three times his value as they wouldnt let him go for less. he wants to leave and im getting offered £5m and hes ****** off because i wont accept it. the game is still making you pay three times the value, but only offering slightly more (if your that lucky) than the value of your players, plus surely the player would realise he has a valuation based onwhat you paid for him and what hes done and would understand your not going to sell him on the cheap. this needs sorted.

when a a scout sends you an update from his assignment there is the option to click view scout reports. i'd like if when you clicked that it showed you just the reports of the players in the update rather than all the reports he's ever sent you.

i'd also like to see testimonials.

Chairman idea sounds awesome. Being able to build up your stadium and see the grpahics for it would be cool. Also things like finding a club sponsor, and kit make. What about being given the option of 3 kits to choose from each season to choose what your strip will look like. As most teams seem to get new kits every season now. Being able to choose ticket prices etc. which can effect how many seasons tickets are bought, or your attendances. So many possibilities!!!

I would like to see ball boys during a match so that the game can speed up, also if you win a trophy a lap of honuor or presentation of the team graphically

Don't want any chairman **** in the game... the main principle of it is to simulate the job of a 'football manager', any stadium building, chairman rubbish would make it too much like the horrible FIFA Manager.

My suggestion, probably been suggested before, is to have testimonials when a player retires, some might think this could be annoying, as you cant have a testimonial for every player... my idea here is that you should have testimonials if the retired player is a icon, fan favourite, favoured player.. whatever it is... i.e. Ivica Olic is one of the fans' favoured people on my save.. once he retires, he gets a testimonial, and the board present you with a number of clubs you can play against, then you get to choose the club... these clubs could be a team that the player supports, or if they have played loads of games or been a favourite at another team... take Olic again for example, he played quite a few games for Bayern Munich, and probably was a favourite there, so that could be one of the clubs you could choose from.

Simple yet probably the most lacking feature in the game. I would like to have the option to add favoured personnel or more than one club on my manager bio sheet.

1- And this is a must. Scouting players by looking their favored moves. It is very important for the tactics and is tolling to look at every profile. 2- More tactical flexibility. I have been trying to implement a south american 4-2-2-2 side with wide midfielders acting as advanced play makers and two holding midfielders and it is impossible so i must play higher up and it just doesnt work as i want. 3- More clauses to players contracts related to perfomance. It helps a lot! 4- Easier interaction regarding player favored moves. I would like to build a team with every player playing one twos. That would be perfect! 5- anti hoarding! Big clubs just get 70 players!!!

I'd like to see some slightly more complex buy back clauses such as the one in Bojan's deal.

Don't want any chairman **** in the game... the main principle of it is to simulate the job of a 'football manager', any stadium building, chairman rubbish would make it too much like the horrible FIFA Manager.

My suggestion, probably been suggested before, is to have testimonials when a player retires, some might think this could be annoying, as you cant have a testimonial for every player... my idea here is that you should have testimonials if the retired player is a icon, fan favourite, favoured player.. whatever it is... i.e. Ivica Olic is one of the fans' favoured people on my save.. once he retires, he gets a testimonial, and the board present you with a number of clubs you can play against, then you get to choose the club... these clubs could be a team that the player supports, or if they have played loads of games or been a favourite at another team... take Olic again for example, he played quite a few games for Bayern Munich, and probably was a favourite there, so that could be one of the clubs you could choose from.

I have suggested this to my friends and it really is one of those ideas that just stand out from the crowd, especially if one of your regens who you have had since 16 becomes a legend <3 also I think the higher the players reputation the better players or teams you can get to play in your testimonial.

Pushing this would be having players like Cahill and Arteta coming back for the game in their 40/50's, such a great idea haha.

I WANT MORE OPTIONS IN DATA EDITOR, more options in private chat with players, now it looks i can only fine him, and one other thing - i fine player and about that i am asked by journalists several seasons ??!!!!!!!!

Also I wish there where more options for international teams, things such as Icons, legends. More international chats, FIXED call up bug.

Back