Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

1.) In my opinion i feel the gameplay graphics should be improved, nothing too fancy but it should look a bit more realistic.
For those who don't have very high graphic capabilities on their PC there should be a normal mode where the current graphics can be used.
2.) Would love to be more involved in the financial side of the game, setting up investments, choosing sponsors, sales etc.
Once again there should be an option whether the user wants to play with it or not.

I would love to do this too but it is just not the role of a Football Manager

This is starting to get on my nerves, but:

I wish that when you play a smaller team that, when you are like two-three goals up, they wouldn't change their formation to a 5-2-1-2. It's really irritating.

Wouldn't mind a "rest squad" option so I can keep them fresh over the winter period without doing it individually.

Id like the ability to score a goal in the second half when you've scored four or five in the first half. This happens too often over the history of this game. I was 5-0 up against Killie after 37 minutes at Parkhead and the game finished 5-0, despite them going down to ten in the second half. You'd think they'd have fixed the curse of Champy (curse of FM I suppose now) by now.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

Id like to see my players run with the ball when the team is breaking up the park rather than just walk up the wing. Also, when one of my players is close to the ball they hop sideways until the opponent gets close then they move quicker, when in reality theyd move quickly and get an attack on the go.

I wouldn't mind seeing a manager stood on the touchline when watching a match.

Something I would love to c in the game is that you make a shortlist of a few players and submit it to the board like in real life and they sign them or some of them to make the game more realistic :)

---------- Post added at 04:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 AM ----------

1.) In my opinion i feel the gameplay graphics should be improved, nothing too fancy but it should look a bit more realistic.
For those who don't have very high graphic capabilities on their PC there should be a normal mode where the current graphics can be used.
2.) Would love to be more involved in the financial side of the game, setting up investments, choosing sponsors, sales etc.
Once again there should be an option whether the user wants to play with it or not.

Agree with all of this, In the recents Fifa's such as 07 upwards in most of them you could select your own sponsor in manager mode, and all of them have different clauses.....

---------- Post added at 04:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

How could I tell SI my idea's?

If I'm dominating the game, I'd want to win most of those and not drop points every 2-3 games due to 30-yard screamers by some obscure wannabe footballers.

That would be all.

in a dream world, id like to see a player from lower leauge, with the right training and guidance become the next legend, pa is annoying, and gives you the standard signings eg kadlec, sanogo, babacar, de gea ect who people sign for pretty much every save they have.

Wouldn't mind a "rest squad" option so I can keep them fresh over the winter period without doing it individually.

There is something like this in the game already, Up the top of your fm game where it shows you the date and so on (grey box) if you click that it will come up rest players and give you the option of 1,2,3,7 days :)

More accurate CA/PA

Ability to be an assistant manager (have to coach reserves, suggest players to sign, compile loan reports etc)

Have it so that when you have a succesful pre-season with a tactic, it dosen't collapse in the first competitive game.

Its far fetched but to be able to get rid of PA/CA somehow and be able to be able to nurture '****' players into great players with the right guidance. Players being able to blossom later in their careers due to great management and so on.

Take the training back to the way it was in FM2005 where you could set out your scedules, etc

1. off season tour with national teams, malaysia, thailand, indonesia etc. i seen liverpool, chelsea does that in real. the game just let us play with country clubs, not national teams.

2. early bloomer - 18 yrs old who look like a world beater but flop after 22
late bloomer - 20 yrs old who cant do **** but turned great after 25
current game is too predictable, an 18 yrs old with nice stat will 10/10 turn out good.

3. @hibernian boy, i like that also, option to be an assistant manager.

Haven't really been following this thread, so if I'm emulating someone's already posted idea, my apologies :p

One thing I'd love to see in the game, and that might be an idea to tie up a few "loose ends", is Managerial Courses.
Everyone complains that wages are useless, and they are. People have suggested for a long time you'd have the option to train your players, but that seems rather time consuming and, well tbh, boring. And one thing I'd always have liked to see is a manager profile like other managers have, with ratings regarding the different training categories and your ability to perform them. And last but not least, the ammount of great attacking coaches is the game is... well, scarce at best.

This would mean a whole revamp to the Managerial Profile side of the game, but what if you could, starting a new game, choose an option to enable managerial courses? You'd have to pay for them yourself, so your wages mean something all of a sudden. You could take the several "official" managerial degree thingies that real managers are supposed to take, or you could just go and pay for a seat at Mourinho's lecture on attacking movement, improving your overall knowledge of attacking and tactics, and therefore your ranking on the Attack coaching attribute. You could even implement minimum requirements to manage a team (highest degree to manage a national team, for example).

I did read an idea about boardroom interviews when applying for a job, and I think this would tie in nicely with that idea.

Just putting my 2 cents out there, seemed like a good idea and, like most good ideas, it came to me in the toilet. That's gotta mean something...

Haven't really been following this thread, so if I'm emulating someone's already posted idea, my apologies :p

One thing I'd love to see in the game, and that might be an idea to tie up a few "loose ends", is Managerial Courses.
Everyone complains that wages are useless, and they are. People have suggested for a long time you'd have the option to train your players, but that seems rather time consuming and, well tbh, boring. And one thing I'd always have liked to see is a manager profile like other managers have, with ratings regarding the different training categories and your ability to perform them. And last but not least, the ammount of great attacking coaches is the game is... well, scarce at best.

This would mean a whole revamp to the Managerial Profile side of the game, but what if you could, starting a new game, choose an option to enable managerial courses? You'd have to pay for them yourself, so your wages mean something all of a sudden. You could take the several "official" managerial degree thingies that real managers are supposed to take, or you could just go and pay for a seat at Mourinho's lecture on attacking movement, improving your overall knowledge of attacking and tactics, and therefore your ranking on the Attack coaching attribute. You could even implement minimum requirements to manage a team (highest degree to manage a national team, for example).

I did read an idea about boardroom interviews when applying for a job, and I think this would tie in nicely with that idea.

Just putting my 2 cents out there, seemed like a good idea and, like most good ideas, it came to me in the toilet. That's gotta mean something...

Decent idea I reckon.

Would love the idea of the training courses because after all thats what Football Managers do in real life

As for going for job interviews, that would be amazing. I used to play CM on the PS2 and thats what happened. At the start of the game you did your coaching badge and got a coaching degree (A,B,C) and that determined on the jobs you got. When you applied for a job you went for an interview and then waited to see if you did well and if you got the job.

Great idea IMO

Just a simple stats menu in the main menu, where it showed you your total wins/losses etc over all of your saves on FM? Would be quite nice to have :)