Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

I think they should improve the match graphics on the 3d.

Also I think more co-operation with the Chairman, i.e. talking to him after the match, about transfers, as he in real life is in control of transfers, so when an offer comes in, he'll ask you what you think.... and if the offer is ridiculously good he'll accept.

I'd also like to see more big money bids for big players that would be keen to move on.

Bug free too please.

---------- Post added at 01:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Also the thing above where it says to have the option of being an assistant manager is good, start as a really low league manager then apply for various manager/assistant manager jobs too...

to be honest the only thing I really want improved is for my strikers with something like 17+ finishing to actually finish 1 on 1 chances rather than blast it straight into the keeper's chest

i wouldnt mind a feature in 2012 where your managerial history from previous games eg trophies won, teams managed and hall of fame points are carried over to the new game it kinda sucks that every game you start off as a new manager, also and i doubt this will happen but id like to be able to work myself up to manager like being a reserve manager to assistant manager then finally up to manager but then if that were to happen i guess they'd have to change the name to football assistant manager

A button that says 'No actually, I don't want 2 million over 48 months, Im in debt now, not in 48 months.'

Streakers, Pitch invasions and random little mascots causing havock on the side of the pitch haha

More accurate CA/PA

Ability to be an assistant manager (have to coach reserves, suggest players to sign, compile loan reports etc)

Have it so that when you have a succesful pre-season with a tactic, it dosen't collapse in the first competitive game.
i like the idea :)
also chairman stats

I've noticed this more with FM2011 then FM2010 and that would be how the game is pretty scripted at times. I never had this in FM2010 but in FM2011 I will be 2-0 up and it will go 2-2 or 3-2 to them. It will be 0-0 and then they score a quickfire double. It will be 1-1 and alot of the time they will make it 2-1 late on. I will be dominating and make it 2-0 early on then suddenly go to pot and are on the defensive the rest of the game. I hope this is fixed because it's making the game a real pain for me. I quit if I know I've lost through scripting and bullshit. It feels to me at times no matter what you do with certain matches the game makes it so you cannot win and it's only very slightly possible to change this.

Other things, I would like more options to create entirely original tactics and better player interaction.

EDIT: 0-0 and conceded a quickfire double again. Second time in a row that has happened.

Last edited:
Streakers, Pitch invasions and random little mascots causing havock on the side of the pitch haha

Female streakers only! (H)

Edit: In addition, maybe when you lose 5-0 some fans cause riots in the city centre and you can get penalties or exclusion from european football. Meaning you also would get an option to say words to the fans to keep them calm, tell them everything is going to be ok etc

Last edited:
I would like better (half time) pep talks that make more sense. Things like: 'stop missing all your chances'
or 'organise defense better'. Cause when it's 3-3 at half time you can't blame your strikers and if it's 0-0 but everyone has a good rating but missed a lot of chances you should be able to say more than just 'dissappointing'.

Also I want a way to turn down ridiculous offers that last 48 months but only on the 48 months part. Now I say nothing or the club does not think the offer is good enough (for the 48 month part).

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

1. off season tour with national teams, malaysia, thailand, indonesia etc. i seen liverpool, chelsea does that in real. the game just let us play with country clubs, not national teams.

2. early bloomer - 18 yrs old who look like a world beater but flop after 22
late bloomer - 20 yrs old who cant do **** but turned great after 25
current game is too predictable, an 18 yrs old with nice stat will 10/10 turn out good.

3. @hibernian boy, i like that also, option to be an assistant manager.

Option 2 would be a very, very good idea. If you saw Ruud van Nistelrooy in his very early years in FM you would not have believed that he could turn out to be the striker he is today.

I want SI to fix the selling system. Way too hard to sell a player more than 150% of their value even if the've doing great in a season.

Agree with the guy above that you should win most of your match if you're controlling it, not losing because you have 10 CCC and your players just blast it to the opposition keeper's face while the opposition player score a 35 yard screamer. ******* annoying!

Also a higher percentage to convert 1 on 1 situation , less stubborn players that always refuse to change their PPM , and the 'shoot from distance' ppm is removed from the game!

I wish that Managers could spend the money they earn. When I get a contract offer from a club, I always ask for lowest wage possible and that just seems wrong

They could add a feature which will enable Managers to learn languages through spending money or what would be better is having a charisma or reputation(Already exists) attribute ,which will help you attract better players amongs others things. You could spend your money(from your very own Wage) to increase your Charisma or Reputation.

A grid on the tactics screen, so that you can put the shirts into more advanced positions.

Eg. Having two strikers, but the second striker playing a little bit just behind, and not in an AMC position and having to retrain them so that they play just off the frontman.

In real football I may be wrong here, if a player gets injured during play then the ref will blow his whistle so he can go off for treatment or the team will kick the ball out. That doesn't happen apparently in this.

In real football I may be wrong here, if a player gets injured during play then the ref will blow his whistle so he can go off for treatment or the team will kick the ball out. That doesn't happen apparently in this.

in my game a player will kick the ball out of play so the injured player can reiceve treatment

Thst blows. Have to admit though, never been a victim of that.

When I was Man City vs Man Utd and Ferdinand went down injured, my team carried on playing and almost got a goal from it..
However, 99% of the time my side, or the other side will kick the ball out of play when a players down injured...

What i'd like to see is proper interaction with agents, just ask them if there are any unhappy clients of his at the club they're at. Things like that..

Not complaining though, FM11 is great so far :D

The rules changed a couple of years ago. Now the ref only has to stop the game is he feels the injury is a serious one, or for a head injury, which is usually serious by default. The players are no longer required to kick the ball out and so many teams choose to play on, particularly if they have an advantage.

Would love to see the ability to create youth academys around the world, would love to have U16, U14 teams to develop talent from early ages like on fifa manager. Also would like some of the Fifa manager features to be included such as stadium upgrades, setting merchandise, ticket prices, investments, sponsorship deals etc. I know it isnt the true role of a manager but it adds abit more depth. Maybe an option to choose if you want to do this or not would be good.

Last edited:
Would love to see the ability to create youth academys around the world, would love to have U16, U14 teams to develop talent from early ages like on fifa manager. Also would like some of the Fifa manager features to be included such as stadium upgrades, setting merchandise, ticket prices, investments, sponsorship deals etc. I know it isnt the true role of a manager but it adds abit more depth. Maybe an option to choose if you want to do this or not would be good.

I agree with around half of what you said, but the realism needs to be maintained. It seems that if SI were to create the sponsorships, merchandise settings, stadium upgrades and put them into the back, it would glamourise the game too much, and focus on those things, rather than the actual handling of players, tactics, and building a strong team.