Football Manager 2013 Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting eagerly to contact my head researcher as Miles instructed to find out if i get 2 weeks before release. I'm hoping I do.

Just thought I would let everyone know that if you pre-order through FM-Base you will qualify to play the game 2 weeks early.

Last edited:
just a wild guess here but im going to say 2nd november and those who pre-order the game will be able to play the game 2 weeks before it is released. But what do i know

FM13 Release Date & Pre-Order Incentive

Miles Jacobson, director of Sports Interactive, is very pleased to be able to announce the following...

I’m really excited to be able to announce that the release date for Football Manager 2013 on PC & Mac will be Friday November 2nd at 00.01 GMT – that’ll be the time we’ll turn on the Steam servers to allow people to start playing the game.

This year we also have a very special reward for those people who have pre-ordered the game from participating retailers – you’ll actually get to play a version of the game 2 weeks upfront.

So, 2 weeks before release those who have pre-ordered (from participating retailers, which I’ll have to repeat every time for legally type reasons) you’ll be able to download a beta version of the game which will be very close to the final game, and play to your hearts’ content. The beta will include FM, classic mode & challenges, but will not include the network game.

This beta version will be playable until Monday November 5th, so if your game doesn’t turn up until Monday’s post, you’ll still be able to play, but you’ll need to install the finished game after that point.

Saved games will be compatible with the final game.

You can find a list of participating digital, online & bricks and mortar retailers who are participating in the pre-order reward scheme here.

As an extra special bonus, people who buy FIFA13 (PS3 & Xbox 360) from GAME retail outlets in the UK and pre-order FM13 from them at the same time will get a voucher for £5 off the retail price of FM13 on its release. This offer is only available til the shops close on Monday 1st October.

Thank you, as always, for your continued support.

Cheers,
Miles

Ordered it through here earlier and now I find out it's not participating in the pre-order incentive! Still, can't really complain for 20 quid.

check digital partners and your find it is on the list

Do we get it on release day? it's not really clear? don't want to end up buying it and waiting till christmas for it :p
Yea. Activation code will be sent upon release date. The 31-Dec date was a date announced before the official release date. I'm sure it will be updated.

I have pre-purchased it through them a few days ago so if and when I get an email regarding the official release I'll post it here

Being a creature of habit I've always bought the game on disc, not the digital download, but like the idea of getting the beta early, so what's the general view on the digital version does it mean you have to go on-line to play the game, or is it downloaded to your hard drive and I can play in off-line mode?.what the general for other users on the digitial version.?

Being a creature of habit I've always bought the game on disc, not the digital download, but like the idea of getting the beta early, so what's the general view on the digital version does it mean you have to go on-line to play the game, or is it downloaded to your hard drive and I can play in off-line mode?.what the general for other users on the digitial version.?

There's no difference between them. Whether it's a digital or physical copy both need to be run through Steam or Steams offline mode for it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.