Football Manager 2014 Beta - First Impressions

I like the more realistic contract demands. Seems that players have stopped dicking around over ?1k a week, etc.

I like the more realistic results too. Ive only played around 8 games so far, but I havent come across and 6-0 or something crazy like that games. I even just played Manchester City at the Etihad (Who on FM13, I always lost to massively, whatever team I was. Even my 2030 Dortmund team who has won the German League, Champions League and German Cup three years in a row lost 5-0 to them....) and only lost 2-1 with Liverpool

I lost them 5-1 with Liverpool.XD

Ok: Lewandowski has agreed a transfer to Bayern in the game, but reports in real life suggest he hasn't...

Ok: Lewandowski has agreed a transfer to Bayern in the game, but reports in real life suggest he hasn't...

Well all the reports were that it was certian he had, but now everyone is a) not sure he has and b) not sure it will actually happen. Think this will be changed for release judging by the data forums

Well all the reports were that it was certian he had, but now everyone is a) not sure he has and b) not sure it will actually happen. Think this will be changed for release judging by the data forums

Thanks for the quick reply, looks good :)

Apparently it is Guardiola who has gone cool on the idea. Send him to Liverpool instead.

Only gripe that can think of is selling players, tried to offload Young,Anderson,Buttner for there value and was no takers so tried again all for 5m offering to clubs and still no takers tried 2.5 for each and still un able to offload. Anyone else noticed this?

Played whole pre-season. Defence looks much stronger.

Havent lost yet. Lets see how the season goes.

Tweet from Miles:

We've just released a small update for the FM 14 beta to help people with low res monitors wanting to play in windowed mode.

In Preferences/Interface, change the rendering mode.

looking interesting so far. enjoying the game for now, even though its only the beta version so i thought of experimenting with a 5-3-2 with my beloved team. (H)

View attachment 463785

Interesting. Match preparation and tactic familiarity are no longer in FMC. Good good.

I don't know if it's just me, but the defensive AI seems a little off.

I'll give you one example of a few bits of bizarre behaviour that I've had from my Arsenal defence so far (unbeaten admittedly in my season, but barely);

my RB Carl Jenkinson gets the ball from Szcesney throwing it to him, he passes it back to the 'keeper, who then proceeds to absolutely hammer the ball BACK to Carl, who then takes a horrendous first touch that because he's facing goal makes him basically run the ball into the goal...resulting in an own goal...from 20 yards out.

That, alongside a trend of CB's basically running parallel & following an attacking player running at them, allowing space in behind them for another attacker to run clean through & score.

As well as that, I've had attacker's running inwards from the byline, the defence shifting across as they would - but then my left-sided CB & FB literally run & stand directly behind the right-sided CB & FB....leaving an horrendous amount of space on the left side.

I'm not complaining, just wanted to see if it's just BETA quirks that anyone else had experienced.

I'll give you one example of a few bits of bizarre behaviour that I've had from my Arsenal defence so far (unbeaten admittedly in my season, but barely);

my RB Carl Jenkinson gets the ball from Szcesney throwing it to him, he passes it back to the 'keeper, who then proceeds to absolutely hammer the ball BACK to Carl, who then takes a horrendous first touch that because he's facing goal makes him basically run the ball into the goal...resulting in an own goal...from 20 yards out.

That, alongside a trend of CB's basically running parallel & following an attacking player running at them, allowing space in behind them for another attacker to run clean through & score.

As well as that, I've had attacker's running inwards from the byline, the defence shifting across as they would - but then my left-sided CB & FB literally run & stand directly behind the right-sided CB & FB....leaving an horrendous amount of space on the left side.

I'm not complaining, just wanted to see if it's just BETA quirks that anyone else had experienced.

Think they are still working on defensive "aggression" if you see what i mean. the tracking and stuff is all there, just need more committing to teh tackle and stuff (while keeping tackle rates low, very difficult)

Have noticed this aswell mate. Hopefully will get ironed out in full release.

Seems to be a small bug with competition betting odds.

Just started an Arsenal save and United are 16-1 ! favourites with Chelsea at 20-1, City at 25-1 and Arsenal at 40-1

A lot of bugs, Polish league is out of date if we look at staf at clubs, i have high end pc and graphics somtimes laging, new system of managing tactics (need time to adjust that sliders desepired) lacking few futures that was introducet (where i can set behavior of player do the zone of the field they acctualy are? att/mid/def). I feal that this beta release is truly ALPHA one, so like each year we will have wait till christmas for 2-3 patches that will make this game look like should be at release date.