Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

A better shout system

Troubles is...when you have created your own purrfect tactic and have adjusted the players sliders maybe only slightly 'like forward runs often to rarely' some shouts will have no effect on that area of his game. What Id like is...

....is something like a 'shout' editor, similar to the players own tactics screen (where you adjusted his sliders earlier) but here all of his sliders are un-highlighted again :D you can now have him (and anyone else) obey whatever shout your creating for whatever purpose and the potential to create untold shouts for a single tactic.
make the left side more attacking.... or the right.... or one attacking and and one defending.... on the left or right side.
adjust centrebacks and defensive midfielders only
and maybe even change player roles....[attack] [support] [defend] ETC ETC....

Think of it as the second tier of your tactic cake.

Last edited:
So what about pausing the game? I guess that would have to be removed too, for this feature to have any point at all? Meaning I can't pause it to make some food, and can't go to the bathroom during half-time. There are some weird requests here in this thread...

and some of these wierd requests are not so wierd..are you playing or are you eating? simply finish the game then go cook...or whatever I'm sure the 3 mins spent into a game assuming you fast forward is enough time to hold you pee...or whatever else you need to do.

To be able to delay a transfer more than once if you dont have the funds. Sometimes on deadline day teams have cancelled a transfer as I have asked to delay it for a couple of hours. Also you could maybe ask the board to take a loan out so you can buy the player and then pay it back later.

been saying this since 09 a overhaul of the press system seems like the same questions keep getting asked since 08, to the point where conferences are a ball ache

I would also like an addition of a poll where you could ask the fans who they would like for the club to sign/sell and what positions could be strengthened. Sometimes I have a dilemma as to which player to sign so this could help persuade me.

the ability to start an out of country youth academy

touchline shout for heavy/low time wasting

custom touchline shouts (player sliders)

I would like to see individual player shouts from the same bit as the team shouts.

1. Better trophy celebrations
2. When you buy a player you can loan him straight back to the selling club i.e Zaha (Palace), Butland (Birmingham)
3. More realistic wage demands from youth players.
4. Better press conferences
5. Better player interaction, private chats etc.

Last edited:
Have the opposing teams pitch dimensions simplified and displayed on the opposition scout report. It used to have a little write up that told you if the pitch was wide or short etc (think it was FM11) which I preferred than having to click on team, then information, the something else, then something else blah blah blah just to get the actual pitch dimensions which I don’t understand.

Just give it to me in the fecking scouting report! You've give me everything else!!!

Better scouting reports (Of the other teams, not players)

The majority of the new things people want are in FIFA Manager! (Or atleast they were 7 years ago when I last played it). If only a game could have the tactics, player development and game engine of FM and alot of the stuff in FIFA Manager!!!

Probably mentioned before, but 2 things:

1) If a player picks up a knock during a match, what the injury is. At present I just sub anyone who picks up a knock, even if I get told they could probably shake it off.

2) If a player starts to get unhappy, more information about why they get unhappy. Sometimes it tells you (not playing enough, didn't like manager comments etc), but sometimes there is no reason given.

I'd like to see the results of international competitions have an affect on the quality of regens a country produces. I know success doesn't always breed success and world beaters can come from anywhere, but still I think a country's success should have some bearing on the players it produces.

Less injuries please!! It makes the game unplayable & i want you to increase the intelligence of the players, sometimes they make stupid things on the field, mostly in defense when my defense man pass over a cpu player & do not even take the ball!.

Less injuries please!! It makes the game unplayable & i want you to increase the intelligence of the players, sometimes they make stupid things on the field, mostly in defense when my defense man pass over a cpu player & do not even take the ball!.

Ricky, I'm not sure if this will help but there is an injury mod in the downloads that, I've found anyway, has decreased the amount of injures. Check it out.

Though, you'll need to start anew game

I'd like to see the results of international competitions have an affect on the quality of regens a country produces. I know success doesn't always breed success and world beaters can come from anywhere, but still I think a country's success should have some bearing on the players it produces.

I THINK it already does this, that if a country performs better than they should, that the variable of how much football is appreciated is raised so that that said country produces more players and that more people turn up for the matches in the domestic leagues.

Naturally, you should not see the effect of the first unitil after perhaps 5 years while the latter should be a immediate boost, if only short term if the national side should fail to qualify the next time. Exactly how this is done in the game now, I don't know but as I said, I THiNK it's in there in some way.

I agree with this - I'm pretty sure Managers meet with the Board/Chairman on a monthly basis. All types of topics could be covered - potential targets/club finances/team performance/etc....
This was not posted for the post above - I hit quick reply on another post (Metz Page 15 I think) and it was sent to the last page!!!

Last edited:
The ability to complain to the FA about referees etc. Also better scout reports and an assistant who offers advice on how to set up. I don't want it to play the game for me, just give a little help instead of criticising when you set up wrong.

I've been saying for years that we (the Managers) should fill out a Referees Report at the end of each game - it happens IRL!!!

I'd really like to see their being all different kind of managers, including you when you are offered a contract. So rather than everyone just being a "manager", there would instead be:

1) Head coaches - (Doesn't handle signings or any financial stuff (Which would probably be handled by a DoF.). He can't hire or sack staff either. He simply handles tactics and training. This wouldn't affect the AI too much, but when you are hired as a head coach it would.

2) Managers - The normal, as it is now. You handle everything you currently do on the game.

3) Director of Football - I'd also like to be able to be a DoF, handling transfers and finances, but not the actual tactics or training. Perhaps you could even decide, or suggest, which manager to employ?!

4) Interim Manager/Head Coach - Like Rafa Benitez, you would only be hired for a short term, and you wouldn't have as much say in future transfers. Depending on wether you are an interim manager or interim head coach depends on how much you actually have control of.

I'd like to see mental attributes such as "tactical discipline" that show how well a player obeys what you tell him to do. For example some players perform the role the manager asks of them really well whereas others are more difficult to drill tactically.

I'd also like to see on field game management and football intelligence of the players play a more prominent role.