Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

i think a good thing to include in fm 2014 is addiction to player positions and roles and i think as well as showing where they can play and what role\duty they like best which we already have but how about showing a player prefered formation showing the best formation and poss two others to help the manager a> decide which players to buy and b> which 3 formations to train the lads in.

said this last year but i want to actually be a real life manager sometimes so i want to be David Moyes and get asked all these questions about Rooney and be Brendan Rodgers talking about the Suarez situation i think you should have the option to become a real life manager be cool if real life situations were put into the game aswell also it would be sooo cool if SI could get a deal with the Barclays premier league and clubs so they could have the logos kits faces and badges etc without having to download stuff because it doesnt work on my laptop as i feel without badges kits faces so on its not very realistic but thats me.

said this last year but i want to actually be a real life manager sometimes so i want to be David Moyes and get asked all these questions about Rooney and be Brendan Rodgers talking about the Suarez situation i think you should have the option to become a real life manager be cool if real life situations were put into the game aswell also it would be sooo cool if SI could get a deal with the Barclays premier league and clubs so they could have the logos kits faces and badges etc without having to download stuff because it doesnt work on my laptop as i feel without badges kits faces so on its not very realistic but thats me.

Punctuation would be cool aswell ;) (jk)

To be honest though, when it comes to getting a deal re: kits, logos etc would require some major financial clout that SI simply don't have compared to someone like EA. However I will say I'm not too fussed personally. As long as we get realism etc I'm happy. Gameplay>graphics all the time for me. And it's not all bad. Some people enjoy creating stuff for other people to use. Gives them something to do and improve the game for others

Last edited:
Punctuation would be cool aswell ;) (jk)

To be honest though, when it comes to getting a deal re: kits, logos etc would require some major financial clout that SI simply don't have compared to someone like EA. However I will say I'm not too fussed personally. As long as we get realism etc I'm happy. Gameplay>graphics all the time for me. And it's not all bad. Some people enjoy creating stuff for other people to use. Gives them something to do and improve the game for others

lol i got excited all these ideas bursting out my brain XD.

Yeah thats true but for some reason everything i do trying to add graphics like faces, logos etc. it never works some people tried to help me a while back and still didnt work also i sent LFC Marshall a message saying all of the stuff i had done to get them in game and he said that it looks like i've done everything right dunno why its not working becuase i look at other peoples layouts and it looks so much more professional then mine, with all the backgrounds and faces. :'(

I'd really like to see more depth with transfers. Right now the options just arent good enough. I know you can set the date of buying a player to a later date, but a loan back clause for the season needs to be added, happens all the time at the moment. Zaha the most recent. I think some work on negotiations in general needs to be done and contracts are a bit of a mess. Agent fees are ridiculous. I can't see them being that high in real life. Player cost £10M player wants £3M "loyalty bonus" and agent wants £2.5M?

Permissions

I think it be great to put players permissions in to the game

For a Example Manchester united have given wayne rooney permissons to speak to chelsea.. ETC

Then having a meeting with the player and the player's agent

then telling the player your plans with him and the club to take the club forward

I'd really like to see more depth with transfers. Right now the options just arent good enough. I know you can set the date of buying a player to a later date, but a loan back clause for the season needs to be added, happens all the time at the moment. Zaha the most recent. I think some work on negotiations in general needs to be done and contracts are a bit of a mess. Agent fees are ridiculous. I can't see them being that high in real life. Player cost £10M player wants £3M "loyalty bonus" and agent wants £2.5M?

yeah happened with Butland and stoke aswell

Players value should be highly linked to thier form for all leagues, for example IRL bale has had a good season and now Madrid are willing to pay 100m for him (wonder if they would have paid that when spurs couldn't win a game when ever he played?) in the game players values don't fluctuate much, even if tbe player has been dog **** and scored 20 goals in 3 seasons he's still worth 30m+ on the game, but my left winger worth 5m who scored 22 goals and got 19 assists is still only worth 5m?

Would be good to able to have a player that plays well and his value goes through the roof and you can sell him on and then it's up to his new manager to see if he can get the same kind of performances you were, like wise for top players worth 20-30m if they don't perform their value should drop considerably allowing you to pick them on the cheap and try and get them performing as you know they can.

Also I don't mean the price the team wants I mean the players value.

A striker who scored 9 goals and is not worth 30m and a striker who scored 35 goals is not worth 3m (top leagues).

Sort it out!

I know that this is probably the saddest request of all the genius above, but I really have a personal issue with the CA/PA star ratings and how they chop and change when players age, the season goes on and when you purchase new players.

Example, Say that just for talking sake, Everton sign Lionel Messi. He'll have 5 stars in potential and current ability, but a player in the same position as him who also had, four star potential and two and a half in current ability would drop down to say, three and a half stars in potential. Other players would drop in stars as well. Signaling that Messi is the best in the squad and that everyone else should be demoted because of this.

It's a ******* mind game and it's extremely distracting and it ruins the game for me. So I sign the 5/5 striker, and I sign another who has three in current, and 4 in potential, over time he will drop in potential, and eventually mould into this 3 star ca/pa player, who later on will become 2 and a half, etc. It's so ******* unfair.

1. I want playing time to be calculated as playing time. Not only "amount of matches player has started". Fed up of keep having players who play A LOT OF MINUTES compain that they dont play enuff. OK factor in starting matches esp for key players but really!

2. No need to have to see players picking up the ball and walking to and fro in order to see a set piece taken.

3. More and more varied stuff to say to the media in conferences etc. Also have some appear later on in saves so that it doesnt het repetitive.

4. More detailed individual and team training.

I know that this is probably the saddest request of all the genius above, but I really have a personal issue with the CA/PA star ratings and how they chop and change when players age, the season goes on and when you purchase new players.

Example, Say that just for talking sake, Everton sign Lionel Messi. He'll have 5 stars in potential and current ability, but a player in the same position as him who also had, four star potential and two and a half in current ability would drop down to say, three and a half stars in potential. Other players would drop in stars as well. Signaling that Messi is the best in the squad and that everyone else should be demoted because of this.

It's a ******* mind game and it's extremely distracting and it ruins the game for me. So I sign the 5/5 striker, and I sign another who has three in current, and 4 in potential, over time he will drop in potential, and eventually mould into this 3 star ca/pa player, who later on will become 2 and a half, etc. It's so ******* unfair.

huh?

Nobody gets demoted, nobody gets worse. It just denotes that Messi is a superstar. Also, very few players IRL reach their maximum potential. If you have a player dropping that much, you are either doing something to hinder his growth, or you are signing better players.

I would really like Opposition instructions to be over hauled. At the moment going over every player thats a threat and saying "show to weaker foot" etc gets a bit tiresome. I know you can get someone else to set them, but they are often wrong, and even when you get your assistant to do it, he'll then tell you that you need to close down someone he didn't set close down to. They also all think that hard tackling is necessary, it's not. I get better results on standard, less yellow cards too!

Tactic/shout integration

The whole shout thing is rather clunky and in need of a buff (imo)

Can we make a tactic where we adjust every possible slider, and after completion grey out all those sliders again but keeping all the adjustments made. That way shouts will work on every aspect of the 'custom' tactic and not just on the ones left greyed out as is the case currently.

Also... say I play a deep 4-4-1-1 where the two central midfielders are in DMC positions.
Can I not have it so that I can create a shout, lets call it 'push up' whereby I am presented with a greyed out version of my current 4-4-1-1 tactic + team mentality where I am able to adjust just how far I want my back line pushing to and also having the two DMC's moving up to CM positions. Basically adjust every thing again to achieve the goal I have in mind for the shout.
How often do we see managers in their technical area gesticulating to players to move here, move there, calm down, pick up the pace. I want the shout system to replicate how I want my team to play.
I might need 10 shouts for that or I might need 50.
A manager doesn't have just three tactic being trained, he has a style and an ETHOS.

And someone mentioned it in an earlier post about shape with the ball and shape without the ball.
That gets my +1

I would love some sort of stadium designer or being able to specifically request a certain size stadium or expansion. I would also like the ability to set aside a proper budget for youth development/facility improvements, so you can do something with all your excess cash and be able to plough it in.

1. I've seen people say "use manager earnings to invest in the club". This is a stupid idea and so unrealistic. How about either, relate manager earnings to your reputation or link it more with the manager hall of fame/online user tables.
2. Loan back clauses in contracts when buying a player (like the Zaha case at Crystal Palace)
3. More depth in conversations with players. More reasons for disciplining players.
4. MAJORLY enhance press conferences. Needs to be 100s of questions and relate them a lot more with current situations.
5. More realistic transfer rumours. I won the CL with Man United with a strike force of Lewandowski, Rooney, RVP, Wellbeck and Maupay and a few days later, I read that I was 'interested' in Agbonglahor -__-
6. Fans singing at games? Intimidating opponents at home.
7. Have an option to say that transfer listed players are unavailable for transfer that includes the fee being spread over multiple months. The amount of times I receive offers for players that are spread over 48 months is stupid. I need the full amount to invest in replacement players! I know clubs can't afford some players with lump sums but at least have it as an option, especially when offering players out. Again, back to my United game, I offered Valencia out for £18million (lump sum), I received 6 offers but they were ALL £18million spread/£10million with £8million spread over 48 months. I'm looking for £18million, straight into my bank account. Especially when I've just moaned at my board about the transfer revenue!
8. More 'behind closed doors' communications when inquiring about other jobs. So then I don't get sacked or ruin my well-earned relationship with my current board.
9. Private conversations with players over network games. The amount of scouting I do and time I take finding players to then find that one of my opponents on a network game has seen my inquiries and then goes and steals them without even taking time out to find them himself!
10. Use excess transfer/wage budget to either clear debt or invest elswehere
11. More options in various private chats.
12. Make player wage requests more realistic. I find a 16 year old CB at palermo who is on £600 a week and he wants £49,000 a week when I try to sign him!
13. More business ventures by the board to attempt to make money, outside of football.
14. The 'Back-Up' status to be more realistic. I have a back up GK who has played 15 of a 38 game season moaning because he's not played enough games. A back up status is typically known to be played, if the first choice is unavailable. Hence why Rooney is moaning about being RVPs "back up" in real life.
15. Improve referees predictability. You can literally know when a player is about to be red or yellow carded. Maybe throw a surprise in, here and there. Also, a lot of fouls in the match engine look like perfectly good tackles or like nothing has happened at all and it ends up a foul?
16. I like the idea of a heat map on the tactics screen. The hotter the region, the better they play in that position/region. Maybe link this with more flexible positions too?
17. More specifics with stadium/training facility expansions/improvements? Maybe link it closely with your budget/targets etc.
18. The ability to 'arrow down' through player-by-player from player searches. Instead of selecting a player in the list, looking at the player, going back to the list, finding the next player down in the list, then selecting the next player. Saves a lot of time going backwards and forwards.
19. Complain about referees?
10. Assistant opinions on how to set your team out for games? I don't want him to play the game for me, it would just be nice to use him more than just for player reports etc.

Three major updates needed though...
1. Sort out Steam and Football Manager shutting down issues. The amount of times FM or Steam has "needed to close" is ridiculous. I have a beast of a PC and a high performance Mac, to play on the go - So this shouldn't happen.
2. Network game connectivity. Needs to improve (relates with number 1 on some occasions too). Even with 40gb-70gb internet speeds, network games can throw you out.
3. Improve 'saving game' speeds. Because of the chance of closing down, I have auto saves going and my own saves throughout the game. I'm quite a detailed player and I don't wanna lose my work!

There's more, but this is all I can think of right now lol

*Rant over*

The weird thing is... even with all the above, I'm still an FM lover and addict! :)

Last edited:
Some some sort farewelll to the club legends when they retire.I dont want a ****** news that only that he has decided to retire .The club should celebrate the club legends farewell match properly.

Man city the league favourites after every season even after they were 15 th last season does not make sense.

Developing the youth academy gameplay a little more.I want the kids who arrive as youth intakes to have learned some ppm by the time they reach their.Barca style academy where even kids can pass like men.

When a player gets a knock

I find this part of the game a tad frustrating. When a player gets a knock during a match, you have no idea what the injury is. This is really unrealistic. I'm not saying we should know the full extent of the injury, but just a general overview would be great, so you can then know if you should risk keeping him on or not.

When someone gets a knock, a little box should pop up in the corner saying 'Physio Advice...' If you have amazing physio's with a high physiotherapy rating, then they give you a good overview of the injury. Something like 'Physio Advice: Jack Wilshere has a potentially serious knee injury. I advise you bring him off immediately.' And if your physio's are **** and have a low physio rating, then they give you poor advice with a very general overview of the injury. Something basic like 'Jack Wilshere has a leg injury.'

Not a major change, but would be really handy and make the match days a bit more realistic.

15. Improve referees predictability. You can literally know when a player is about to be red or yellow carded. Maybe throw a surprise in, here and there.

[video=youtube;DnyJfIrL4GU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnyJfIrL4GU[/video]

Something like this guy??